➰8➰

I watch as Clary finishes drawing pentacle on the floor. As soon as we entered the warehouse, all hell broke loose. There were tons of Valentine's minions, killing warlocks, not even pitying the children. But we barged in just in time and we fought until there was no one left of them. Some warlocks were dead, but at least we managed to save the majority. Magnus changed our location magically and assured us that we were safe, at least for now. And then Clary once again attacked him with her questions about her memories, and in the end Magnus caved in. He is going to summon the demon and in order to do that, we need the pentacle drawn on the floor.

The others are in the other room, while I am leaning against the wall tiredly and watching Clary. We are in a comfortable silence, but I can't say I am not hurt the way Clary seemed to forget about the things Magnus said back in the club. I mean, she knows all about mu dreams, but she didn't even bother to ask about the visions he was talking about.

I furrow my brows at my thoughts and shake my head. Now is not a good time to be selfish and Clary has already enough on her plate without my problems. Her mom is missing and that is our main priority.

"All done" Clary announces bouncing to her feet, as the others enter the room one by one. I ignore all of them, and concentrate on the drawing. Clary's drawing skills are truly amazing.

"Good job! Now everyone, take your places. But we have 5 edges, so one of you has to stand aside" Magnus says gesturing to us. We look at each other and finally it is Alec that speaks up.

"I will just stand here" he says and takes a step back from the pentacle. We all take our places in the circle.

"Now hold each other's hands and no matter what, you don't let go of them, you hear me?" Magnus warns us with us nodding our heads.

"Good, the demon's name is Valack and some time into the ritual, he will ask for some kind of a payment"

"What payment?!" Jace voices my question, but Magnus smiles like a cheshire cat.

"We will see." And then he is doing some strange dance movements, when a purple ball appears in his hands and it grows bigger and bigger as he continues chanting something and moving his hands. Strong wind breezes around us and there is a black light surrounding the circle.

"He is among us! Now it is time for payment!" Magnus yells over the wind.

"What is it?" Izzy yells back.

"He wants a memory of the most precious person" he answers and then Izzy is the first one to go. Unsurprisingly, it is Alec's picture that appears on the black ball, with him smiling brightly and I can't help but take a breath even just by looking at his image. He is probably standing there and seeing me ogling at his hologram. The next one is Clary and the image of Jocelyn appears. For a moment I feel a sting in my heart while I look at her kind face. I loved her a lot and it is hard to know that she is somewhere out there in the hands of a psychopath.

The next one is me. I expect Clary's image, because really, she is the most important person in my life. But it seems like the demon has something else in his mind. Because the moment I see the image appearing, my breath hitches in my throat and my eyes widen.

"No, it can't be" I whisper slowly. I see a little boy with blond hair smiling cheekily down at me and that is when I break.

"No, it is the only good memory of him, no!" I scream and try to break the circle. Jace is holding on to my hand like there is no tomorrow.

"No, Ivy, don't let go!" He screams at me, but I am not taking it. I give my hands a strong tug and the circle shatters. The demon roars and everything is messed up in front of me. My heart stops when I see the demon grabbing Jace and suddenly he is being sucked into the hole. But Izzy takes ahold of him just in time and Alec runs to his other side. They are pulling him out, but the demon is stronger.