➰2➰

The moment I step through the Fray household, I let out a gasp. Everything is scattered around, there are pieces of furniture, drawings and everything. It looks as though something like a tornado has taken place in the room. Jocelyn's precious vintage things are all gone, the glasses of the shelves all shattered on the ground.

"Clary!" I scream through the thunder, the room lighting up for a moment. I smell something burning and without thinking my feet barge up the stairs, into the Clary's room. There she is, sitting at the burnt bedside and crying.

"Clary..." I mutter and rush to her side. She rises her head and looks at me through her watery eyes.

"Ivy... They... They took my mom, Dot. And... And Luke betrayed us, he has been playing all along with us. I have no one to go to" she whispers through her sobs. I look with worried eyes at her, she is shaking and trembling. I take her into my arms and pat her head.

"I am here, you are not alone in this Clary, I promise you, we will find your mom. Just tell me who took her?"

"I don't know, all I know that, what we saw back at club was real. All those things exist. My mom tried to tell me everything, but we were ambushed. Dot sent me through some kind of a portal. Can you believe it? Everything I have ever believed in, was a lie" she sobs clinging to my wet shirt even more. I furrow my brows and kiss her wet hair.

"We will get through this, I promise."

And that is the only thing I can say, because I myself am freaked out and I don't know what the hell is going on. All I know that, I have to protect Clary and find Jocelyn. She has no one, but me from now on. Some kind of sound comes from downstairs and makes us jump apart. Clary looks at me with huge eyes, while I tell her to stay silent. I slowly get up from the bed and with silent paces I begin making my way downstairs. I can feel Clary's presence behind me. On the way, I take Jocelyn's old vintage ax into my hands and take a fighting stance. As we descend down the stairs, I see a shape of a woman standing back to us. As we come nearer, it is clear Dot is standing there. Clary rushes to her and squeezes her like there is no tomorrow. But something about Dot doesn't feel right. Her eyes aren't the same warm ones, instead they are cold and dead. I tighten my hold on the ax and slowly come near Clary.

"Dot, I am so glad to see you, where is my mom?" Clary gushes excitedly, but clearly, Dot has other things to ask.

"Clary, tell me, did your mom ever tell you something about a cup? It is very precious and your mom has it. Tell me, where is it?" Dot's question makes me look at her with suspicion. I take Clary's arm and drag her behind me.

"Ivy, what are you doing?" Clary asks confusedly, while I glare at Dot.

"That is not Dot, Clary"

"What are you talk-"

"I said that is not the real Dot!" I snap at her without turning back. At saying that, a cruel smile appears on 'Dot's face.

"Clary, answer my question" she says still smiling.

"I don't know what cup you are talking about, Dot"

"Oh really? Now, then it is a shame that I have to take you with me. Stand down, little girl." She addresses the last part to me and suddenly tentacles pop out of her mouth , like the ones back at the club. I push Clary aside harshly as the creature advances at me. I swing my ax forward and it slices through its shoulder. Dot screams holding her shoulder and stumbles back. I use this moment of her distraction and run back to Clary, trying to help her to stand up, but the thing is faster this time. I feel her hand on mine, as she throws me to the other side of the room. I collide with the wall, the air leaving my lungs and I gasp falling to the ground. In a matter of seconds, the thing is in front of me and holding my neck, it rises me up. Dot is baring her teeth at me, but suddenly, I see Clary sticking some kind of a pen to her neck, and it lets go of me, as I once again fall to the ground. Now its main priority is Clary, and she hits Clary, grazing her shoulder and sending her through a stack of old cups. The shelves shatter behind Clary, and she falls unconscious.