Chapter 5: Cheer Practice

-1 week later-

Tuesday, 3:28 pm

Author's POV
Today is the first day of cheer practice. Lots of other people tried out and some made it. Mark's brothers were also there to support him and watch the practice. Mark was excited to show Wendy his skills. As he was on his way to the field, he saw Wendy talking to Jin again.

Mark's POV
Don't get jealous
Don't get jealous
Don't get jealous
I'm jealous 😭

Jin's POV
It's so nice talking to Wendy again. It's been so long and I missed her so much. Hopefully I have time to confess and make Wendy all mines. I hope Mark doesn't get in the way.

Author's POV
Wendy: Okay guys! Today is the first day of cheer practice! WOOO! Meet our new members: Mark, Vanessa, Scott, Rachel, Lily, Anna, and David. Let's begin by stretching.

-ten minutes of stretching-

Seulgi: Now we should assign the roles.
Irene: I think the guys, Rachel, and Anna would make great bases!
Joy: One of the flyers should be Vanessa!
Yeri: As for the rest of you, including us, will fill up the other positions on different teams.
Wendy: For the teams, we will be divided into 5. 4 people in each group.
(A/N: I'm sorry if that's not how you would assign the roles and make teams. I have no idea, whatsoever, about cheerleading 😂)
Team 1: Me (Wendy is still talking // flyer), Mark (base and can do the flips), Scott (base), and Lily (back spot).
Team 2: Irene (flyer), Rachel (base), David (base), and Carrie (back spot).
Team 3: Seulgi (flyer), Anna (base), Sharol (base), and Ryan (back spot).
Team 4: Vanessa (flyer), Joy (base), Yeri (base), and Steven (back spot).
Team 5: Bella (flyer), Shelby (base), Anthony (base), and Charlotte (back spot).
Now let's practice our positions!

-everyone gets into positions-

Irene: Straighten your legs, Rachel.
Seulgi: Joy, make sure you don't let go of Vanessa.
Wendy: I think we've got our positions down. Let's practice the stunts. Mark, could you show us some of your extraordinary flips? She said, smiling widely.
Mark: Okay!

-Mark flips-

He wows everyone, especially Wendy and his brothers.
Jackson: GO, MARK!!
Bambam: Hyung, you look so cool!
Jr: -thumbs up-
JB: That's definitely our Mark.
Wendy: THAT WAS AMAZING!!

Wendy's POV
He never fails to impress.
He's so cute, awww!

Mark's POV
I impressed Wendy!!

Jin's POV
I was just watching Wendy fangirl over Mark's flips and when she flashed that killer smile at him. She had this look on her face. I've never seen it before. Her eyes were glowing, she was smiling brightly, and even blushing slightly. That certainly doesn't make me happy. I have to confess soon.

Author's POV

-more stunt practice-

Wendy and Vanessa did a few stunts.
Wendy: It's break time!
Mark was just sitting down until a girl came up to him.
Vanessa: Hi, I'm Vanessa!
She exclaimed, waving.
Mark: Hi
Vanessa: Earlier, you did a lot of flips and it really amazed me. You're so cool!
She said, touching Mark's shoulder.
Mark: Hehe, thanks! You're a really good flyer, by the way.
Vanessa: Thank you! What grade are you in?
Mark: 11th grade, I'm a Junior.
Vanessa: Really? Same!
Mark: We should talk more then. If you ever see me in the halls, feel free to say hi.
Vanessa: I'd love that! We should also hang out, too. Maybe see a movie or something?
Mark: I will look forward to that.
Vanessa: I'll give you my number, just in case if you'd like to contact me for when we hang out.
She said, winking.
She grabs a pen from her pocket and writes her number down on Mark's palm.
Mark: I'll text you sometime.
Vanessa: Okay, bye!
She said, running and smiling.

Vanessa's POV
MARK SAID HE WAS GOING TO TEXT ME!! 😊😊

Author's POV
Wendy was there staring at them and eavesdropping. She felt her heart hurting. Was it because Mark seemed to like her? She was 100% sure she hated Vanessa now. And while Wendy was staring at Mark and Vanessa, Jin was staring at Wendy. He saw how sad she looked.

Jin's POV
I should take her out to ice cream tomorrow. Maybe that'll keep her mind off of Mark.

Wendy's POV
Vanessa was clearly flirting with Mark and he just let her?!?
Does Mark ... like her?
I don't approve of this at all. 😤 (A/N: Jealous Wendy 💕)
I need to tell Irene.

Mark's POV
Wendy looks really depressed.. I should go talk to her!
"Wendyyyyy~!" I yelled.

Author's POV
Wendy turned around and saw Mark.
Wendy: What?
Mark: Let's go to the park again sometime!
He said, smiling so wide that it looked like an eye smile.
Wendy: Why don't you go with Vanessa?
Mark: Because Vanessa's not you. No one can replace my park buddy. Not even my own brothers. Besides, I barely know her. I'm not going to ask her to hang out until I actually know her better.
Wendy was extremely happy and satisfied by Mark's reply.
Wendy: Good answer. No one can replace The Wendy Son.
She said, chuckling.
Mark then squished her cheeks.
Mark: No one can replace this cutie.
Wendy was blushing because of that, but her her face was already red from the squishing, so no one could tell.
Wendy squished Mark's cheeks.
Wendy: Only this cutie can!
They just stood there, squishing each other's cheeks until multiple voices started yelling.
Irene: Okay guys, enough flirting!
Yeri: Go get a room!
Seulgi: Let's presume to our practice
Joy: And leave the lovebirds here!
Everyone in the field boomed with laughter, except Jin and Vanessa.

-more practice-

Mark and Wendy just kept smiling and stealing glances at each other. Jin and Vanessa definitely didn't like that.

-20 minutes later-

Wendy: Practice is over! Bye, guys!

Dedicated to: PhPhNe I can't wait to read your new chapters!

Did you guys like this chapter? A lot of MarkDy moments here 😀! A lot has happened, too. Will Jin confess to Wendy soon? Will Vanessa ask Mark out to watch a movie? Will Mark continue to like Wendy? Will he start developing feelings for Vanessa? How would Wendy feel about Vanessa's continuous flirting? Will she talk to Irene about it? And the most important question of all: Will Mark and Wendy remain as lovebirds & park buddies? Find out in the next chapters. Please continue to read, vote, and comment! Annyeong! -Kayla