Chapter 13: Mark's Injury

Monday
Author's POV
The football game is today! The cheerleaders are finally going to showcase their talents! During break time, Mark decided to practice his flips and his brothers played football. Jackson threw the football and it hit Mark's arms, while doing his flip, causing him to land hard on his knee. Mark screams from the pain. Wendy heard the familiar scream and ran towards it. She saw Mark, holding his knee.
Wendy: Gwaenchanha (Are you okay)?! Geugeo apeuni (Does it hurt)?
Mark: My knee is in pain..
Jackson: Mark, mianhae (Sorry)!! It's all my fault!
Mark: It's okay, don't worry. I guess I can't be a cheerleader today, huh?
He laughs nervously.
Wendy: Let's get you to the nurse.
She and Jackson helps Mark up and Wendy puts Mark's arm on her shoulder. They begin walking, or in Mark's case, hopping. She could sense Mark being in more pain, so she stops and gets down.
Wendy: This won't do, get on my back.
Mark was surprised.
Mark: I'm too heavy, Wen. It's okay, I can hop perfectly fine.
Wendy: I'm a lot stronger than you think, you know!
Mark goes on Wendy's back and he was right. He was too heavy. But that didn't stop Wendy from carrying him. Instead, she made a joke.
Wendy: Oh my God, Mark! What did you eat?
Mark: I'm not that heavy!
They both laughed and it only seemed like 1 minute because they were already at the nurse.
Wendy walks to the bed and places Mark gently into it. She calls the nurse and tells her what happened. She wraps his knee and tells him what he should do to prevent more pain. She gave him a wheelchair because he didn't want crutches. That way, he can go to the game without walking on his leg. Although his morning didn't go so well, he didn't mind because he got to spend more time with Wendy.
Mark: I'm actually really glad Jackson threw that football.
Wendy: Mwo (What)?! Wae (Why)!??
Mark: I can spend more time with you.
You'd think Wendy would be blushing, but no. She was furious!
Wendy: BUT YOU'RE HURT!! YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED! LOOK AT YOUR KNEE! IT'S IN PAIN! I'M IN PAIN JUST BY LOOKING AT YOU!
Wendy couldn't stop her tears from rolling down. She felt miserable because the person she cared about most was badly hurt.
Mark felt even worse for making Wendy cry.
Mark: Okay, okay, I'm sorry! Truthfully, I am scared, but since you're with me right now, it doesn't hurt so much. Didn't you hear what the nurse said? My knee isn't terribly injured and that it should take about a month to heal. See? It's okay. Everything is okay.
He wipes her tears and holds her hands.
Mark: I'm going to be okay.
Wendy: Are you going to stay here?
Mark: Yeah, I'm not in the mood to learn right now.
Wendy: I'll come get you after school with your belongings.

-after school-

Jin
Wendy: There's a football game today! You should come! Bring Eunji!
Jin: Okay!

Wendy rushes to the nurse with Mark's stuff and pushes Mark's wheelchair. Near the field, are tables perfect for homework! Wendy decides to do homework, while Mark chooses to stare at her. Wendy felt like someone was watching her and it was Mark. She cups his face and chubs it. He pinches her cheeks in return. She grabs a pen and writes a slash on his hand.
Wendy: Looks like I made a Mark on your skin! 😂😂
Mark: What's up with the puns? First Vanessa, now you?
Wendy's smile vanished and her face became serious.
Wendy: Do you like Vanessa?
Mark: As a friend
Wendy: Are you close to her?
Mark: Not really
Wendy: Do you wish you were?
Mark: Not at all .... Wen, are you jealous? 😏
Wendy: NO! Just curious, that's all.
Mark: I can clearly tell you are. How many times do I have to tell you that I only care about you? Vanessa could never be like you. We share this unbreakable bond that no one could ever tear apart.
Wendy was so touched by his reply, she hugged him.
She returned to doing her homework and Mark returned to staring at her.
Wendy: Stop staring at me!
Mark: I can't help it, you look perfect. You always look flawless.
Wendy's face turned bright red.
Wendy: That's all you! You look adorable in everything you do!
They smiled at each other. Then they see Mark's brothers run to the football field. The game must be starting soon. Wendy found a spot in the auditorium and she pushes Mark's wheelchair to it. Jin and Eunji just arrived and Eunji was so excited to see Youngjae.
Wendy: Jin & Eunji, sit next to Mark!
And so he did.
Wendy met up with her cheer squad as they were changing into their uniform. The game was about to start. They walked out to the field and went into their positions. Mark's brothers were playing and Wendy's sisters cheered for them!
Irene: GOOOO JR!
Seulgi: JB, you got this! Jackson, you can do this!
Joy: Yugyeomie~!
Yeri: Bambam, run like you're chasing me in tag!
Eunji screamed loudly for Youngjae.

-30 minutes later-

It was a close game, but they won! Of course they would, they have the best players. Another thing that motivated them to do their very best, were the cheerleaders. Specifically Wendy's sisters. After the game, the sisters praised the players. It was a spectacular night for Anderson High.

Jin's POV
I only have a week left. I need to confess soon.

Did anyone listen to Fly by Got7 yet? I'm in love with the music video, can't wait to see the choreo! Also, who else is loving Red Velvet's comeback? I can't wait to see some GotVelvet moments! The next chapter will be about Jin's confession. He only has 1 more week left and then it's goodbye Jin! Keep reading, commenting, and voting! I'm almost near 200 reads! Oh and happy early birthday PhPhNe ! Annyeong!