Chapter 26: Performance Talk + Practice

Author's POV
Jr: I forgot to tell you guys! I think in around a month there will be a talent show and I thought we could all join!
Irene: Collaborating of course!
Wendy: We could finally put to use the name Red Velvet!
Mark: And we can finally use our name Got7!
Jackson: GotVelvet collaboration!
Seulgi: What songs should we sing?
Yeri: We could do Oh Boy & Cool Hot Sweet Love! (A/N: Those are some of my favorite songs by RV)
Yugyeom: We could do Moonlight & She's A Monster! (A/N: Those are some of my favorite songs by Got7)
Joy: We should assign the roles.
Irene: Wendy would obviously be main vocalist, Seulgi is main dancer & lead vocalist, Joy is lead rapper & vocalist, Yeri is a dancer, rapper, and the maknae. I will be the leader, main rapper, and lead dancer.
JB: Youngjae is the main vocalist, Mark is the main rapper, Jackson is lead rapper, Jr is lead vocalist, Bambam is lead rapper and vocalist, Yugyeom is a vocalist and the maknae. I will be the leader and lead vocalist.
Yeri: Eunji can sing too!
Seulgi: Okay, we've got our positions down and we can choose who sings which lyrics.

-chooses which lyrics to sing-

Seulgi: We just need a dance now! I can try to choreograph something.
Irene: I'll help!
Yeri: Nado (Me too)!
Wendy: You guys can choreograph just for Cool Hot Sweet Love. I prefer if we sit down and sing Oh Boy.
Joy: Good idea!
Yugyeom: I'll try too along with Jackson hyung & Jr hyung.
JB: We've got our roles down. When should we start practice?
Mark: How about tomorrow?
Wendy: Tomorrow works!

The Next Day
After they were all dismissed from school, they went to Red Velvet's house. When they arrived, they started their practice. Seulgi, Irene, and Yeri worked out some moves and so did Yugyeom, Jackson, and Jr. Youngjae, Eunji, and  Wendy started doing some singing warmups. Mark and Bambam started rapping. Joy was rapping and singing. After about an hour, they decided to take a break and discuss.
Seulgi: We're no where near done with our choreography.
Jackson: Same.
Irene: I don't know if I can remember the lyrics or rap...
Yeri: Forget about Forgetful Granny! You'll do great, eonni (older sister)!
Jr: If they make fun of you again, I won't stand still. I'll make sure they'll pay! And then I'll shower you with kisses.
Irene playfully hit Jr's arm.
Irene: You're so cheesy!
Wendy: I'm unsure whether I can hit the high notes...
Mark: Wen, I know you will. You always do.
Wendy: You haven't heard me sing a lot, though.
Mark: Are you kidding me? You sing ALL the time!
Joy: He's right! Sometimes when you sleep, I can hear you sing. And say some other stuff hehe...
Wendy: What else do I say?
Seulgi: Oh, it's nothing 😂
Her sisters and Eunji giggle and the guys stare at their girlfriends endearingly, while Jackson is eating more food. Wendy was standing there, clueless.
Irene whispers to Mark, "She usually says stuff, like, I miss you, Mark or she mumbles your name."
Mark smiled and his cheeks turned a little red knowing Wendy thinks of him in her sleep. How cute, he thought.
Yugyeom: We should continue our practice.
Bambam: We only have about a month left.
Youngjae: Yeah, we should all help with the choreo to finish faster.
JB: That's smart, considering the choreo takes forever to make.

They all pitched in their ideas for the choreography. They finally made some progress. Who knew preparing for a talent show could be so difficult?

What are some of your favorite songs off of Red Velvet's and Got7's albums? Is anyone else excited about Twice's & Seventeen's new song? AHHHH! Twice x Seventeen feels! It reminds me of Red Velvet and Got7 because their comebacks were at similar times, too! Also, thank you so much for 2k reads! I'm surprised so many people want to read my story! I love you all so much! Keep reading, commenting, and voting. Annyeong! -Kayla