Chapter 7: The Park 2

Wednesday, 3:37 pm

Author's POV
School has already ended and Wendy already walked home with her sisters. Same with Mark. Irene was patiently waiting for Wendy to leave so that she could tell her sisters and Mark's brothers about her plan. In the meantime, Irene is just doing her homework and Wendy is texting Mark.

Mark 💕
Wendy: Haii!
Mark: Annyeong! Wendy, I really need a nickname for you.. How about Wen?
Wendy: I love it! I'll meet you at the at around 4 okay?
Mark: I'll just go to your house in like 10 minutes. We can walk to the park instead.
Wendy: Great idea! Okay, let me get ready. Bye!

Wendy quickly got ready and by the time she was done, Mark was already at her door. She opened the door and left with him for the park. Irene was waiting for this moment to happen. She can finally start her meeting! Irene called her sisters and Mark's brothers over. The meeting will begin soon, but let's focus on Mark and Wendy for this chapter. (The next chapter will be about the meeting) Wendy thought about what Irene said, showing Mark signs that she likes him. She instantly looped her arm around Mark's arm. Mark was a little surprised by the sudden action, but enjoyed it nonetheless. When they finally got to the park, Mark ran to the swings. Wendy decided to push him and she stared at his beautiful hair. She hummed a song and Mark heard her.
Mark: I want to hear you sing again!
Wendy: I-I'm not that great of a singer.
Mark: To me, you're the best.
Wendy punches him gently.
Wendy: Stop making me blush!
Mark: I'll do so if you sing for me.

-Wendy sings-

Mark: Wen, your voice is the most amazing thing I've heard my whole life...
Wendy: I told you to stop making me blush!
Wendy could feel her face getting hot. Mark quickly cupped her face, but that only made it worse. Her face got even more red.
Mark: How about we just lay down?
They found a tree and laid under there. Wendy's face cooled down and that's when things started to get quiet. Mark decided to break the silence by tickling her. She was okay with it at first, but she couldn't handle it anymore. She ran away from Mark, Mark chased her and Wendy didn't know where to hide because the playground wasn't a good hideout. She turned around, but Mark was already behind her, and she fell on top of him. It took her a while to process what had just happened, and when she did, she tried to escape, but Mark squeezed her.
Mark: Can we just stay like this for awhile?
Wendy was more than happy to stay like that. She quickly wrapped her arms around him. There they are, just laying on the grass, in their embrace. She heard his heartbeat and that was enough to make her sleep.
Mark: Ayy she always sleeps at the park.
He said, disappointed.
He moved her body and carried her on his back.
Mark: Wen, saranghae (I love you)..
Wendy: Nado (me, too)
Mark was afraid she wasn't actually sleeping. But then he heard her snore.
Mark thought, ''Thank goodness!"

Mark's POV
I wonder who she was saying "Nado" to... (To you, Mark!!)
What goes on in that adorable head of hers? (Youuuuuuu)
What does it mean when a girl loops her arm through yours? (It means she likes you!)
Or when she lets you hug her on the ground? (It means she really likes you!!)

Author's POV
Mark, with Wendy on his back, reached her home. He knocked on the door and Irene opens it. He noticed all of his brothers were there.

What do you think Irene will say? Find out in the next chapter! The next chapter will include the meeting details. Keep reading, commenting, and voting. Annyeong!