Chapter 28: JackNessa

Author's POV
Vanessa: I hope she likes you back!
Mark: I'm sorry it turned out like this. Trust me, you're a great girl. It's just .. I've always liked Wendy.
Vanessa: What do you like about her?
Mark: Everything. Her mesmerizing eyes, cute little nose, soft lips, her angelic voice, and the fact that she's tiny is so adorable. She was the first person I talked to here, my first friend here, my first park buddy, my first kiss, my first real crush. She was the first person I slept with, besides my family... Wait, I'm not a pervert! She's obviously gorgeous, talented, and kindhearted. She's so perfect. I always feel my heart beating faster when I'm around her.

After the break, they continued their practice with their cheers, stunts, and routines. An hour later, practice had ended and everyone was getting ready to leave, except Vanessa. She sat the in field by herself.

Vanessa's POV
Wow, Mark really likes her...
I want someone to like me as much Mark likes Wendy..
That'd be nice..
Great, now tears are falling. Even better, more tears are falling. Great, just great.

I was going to wipe my tears with my jacket sleeve until a unfamiliar figure held a handkerchief in front of my face.
"Are you okay?" the figure asked.
"Not really and thank you," I answered, taking the handkerchief.
I wiped my tears.
"What happened?" he asked.
"Oh, ya know.. the usual heartbreak," I replied.
"I see, I know that very well," he said.
"You got rejected, too?" I asked.
"Not necessarily, but the girl I like is now taken. With my brother," he responded.
"Yikes, that must suck. How are you doing, though?" I asked.
"Better, since I'm talking to a beautiful girl," he replied.
Not gonna lie, those words were enough to make my heart flutter.
I smiled and said, "I didn't catch your name."
"Jackson," he said, "Jackson Wang."
To which I replied, "Vanessa. Nice to meet you."
"I know we just met, but would you like to go on a date with me?" Jackson asked.
He's so straightforward! 5 minutes in, and he already is asking me on a date? Wow.
"I'd love to!" I shouted.

We got up from the grass and he put his hand in front of me. I gladly placed my hand with his. Our fingers intertwined and it only made me smile more. He took me to Starbucks and ordered his drink and my favorite drink, Vanilla Bean.

When we received our drinks, he said to me, "I know this isn't the best place for a date, but it was the closest and it wouldn't make me go bankrupt." He also chuckled afterwards, how cute!
"The best things are life are the most thoughtful ones. Truthfully, I'm very easy to please. I don't mind if we don't have dates. The fact that you're trying to make me feel better is already very kind. Thank you!" I exclaimed.

We then had a long conversation about crushes, heartbreaks, rejection, food, music, moves, you name it. It was honestly so fun. I guess what they say is true — there are plenty of fish in the sea.

I'm not sure if anyone ships Jackson and Vanessa (a made up character).. Sorry if you don't! I just wanted them both to have a love interest. Keep reading, commenting, and voting! Thank you, annyeong! -Kayla