Chapter 12: The Movie

Saturday, 2:25 pm
Author's POV
Today is the day where Mark will watch a movie with Vanessa. They will both meet at the entrance of the mall. They're getting ready right now.

-30 minutes later-

Now they're both done getting ready and are on their way to the mall. Vanessa arrives first and Mark shortly after. As they walk in, they see a bunch of Frozen posters still on the walls.
Vanessa: Wow, Frozen is still popular. Some people need to learn to let it go 😂
Mark: That was smart! High five!
Mark saw an Olaf poster and it reminded him of Wendy. He giggled seeing the snowman poster.
Vanessa: What are you giggling about?
Mark: About Olaf. I remember not long ago, Wendy told me her nickname is Olaf. I didn't really like that name, so I decided to call her Wen instead. Gosh, I wish she were here right now, so I could show her this.
Vanessa got a little jealous that he's thinking of her right now, while he's on a "date" (what Vanessa thinks it is).
Vanessa: I would love a nickname, too!
Mark: Let's see, what about .... Nessa?
Vanessa: I love it already!
They bought tickets for the movie and walked into the movie room with their food. The movie hasn't started yet because of the ads, so they focused on finding good seats. When they found their seats, the movie started. Perfect timing. Vanessa was waiting for the cliche yawn and place arm on the girl's shoulder move, but Mark never did so. It looks like Vanessa has to improvise. She placed her head on Mark's shoulder. He was a little surprised, but didn't care because the movie was good. Vanessa took that as a good sign and smiled widely. She saw Mark's hand reaching for some popcorn and decided to place her hand in too. Their hands "accidentally" touched and Mark was embarrassed.
Mark: Oops, mianhae (Sorry).
Vanessa: Huh?
Mark: Oh I mean sorry. Usually I'm always with Wen, and she can speak Korean, so that's why I was said sorry in Korean.
Vanessa thought: Does he always think of Wendy?
Vanessa: No worries!
But it really was. She definitely didn't like how much attention he gives Wendy. Especially with that nickname and the constant reminders of her throughout the movie. All he ever talked about was Wendy. Wendy would've loved this, Wendy would've hated this, Wendy would've cringed at this, etc... She won't give up, though. She will make Mark hers.
The movie ended and they walked out of the mall together. Vanessa looped her arm through his. She lived quite close to the mall, so they decided to walk to her house. Vanessa made an excuse saying her legs were tired and asked Mark if he could piggyback ride her. Being the nice person he is, he said yes. She held him tight, smiling. They reached her neighborhood and Mark realized she lives in the exact same neighborhood as Wendy.
Mark: Hey, you live in the same neighborhood as Wendy.
Vanessa thought: Again with the Wendy
Vanessa: That's such a coincidence!
Wendy noticed some familiar figures outside the window.

Wendy's POV
IS THAT MARK? WITH VANESSA?
They went to the movies, huh?
AND IS HE REALLY PIGGYBACK RIDING HER?
I'm jealous .... yay

Author's POV
Mark dropped off Vanessa at her house.
Mark: It was a fun day. I had a great time!
Vanessa: Me, too! Thanks for coming with me!
Mark: No problem! See ya later!
Since Wendy's house wasn't far, he walked to hers. He knocked on the door and guess who opened it? A very jealous Wendy!
Wendy: How was the movie?
Mark was shocked she knew about it.
Mark: How'd you know about it?
Wendy: I have my ways. You clearly didn't answer my question. How was it?
Mark: It was fun...
Wendy: You like Vanessa that much?
Mark: Uh yeah... wait, are you jealous? 😏
Wendy: Me? Jealous? Ha! In your dreams.
Mark: You are jealous!
Wendy: Am not! 😤
Mark: Wen, I know you are!
Wendy: If you're going to keep making false assumptions, then you can leave. Mark runs into the house and sits on the couch.
Mark: I'm not going anywhere. -sticks tongue out-
Wendy: You're so immature!
Mark: And you're adorable.
He pinched her cheeks.
Mark: Like I said before, no one will replace this cutie. Vanessa doesn't even come close to you. I much prefer you, Wen.
Wendy pinched his cheeks back.
Wendy: The only cutie that can replace me is you! Oh yeah, the football game is this Monday! Get ready to cheer your heart out!

The next chapter is the football game!! There will be some angst, so prepare! Keep reading, commenting, and voting! Annyeong! -Kayla