Chapter 3

Olivia's POV
"Wow...Elliot. I don't know what to think. If I would've known, I wouldn't have all this anger and sadness built up. I need time to gain your trust again. I hope it doesn't take long because I want you in my life. I really do. Of course, I believe you...it's just hard to take in, you know? Like it really hurt me when you left. I went out of the precinct, put myself in a room, and I fell to the ground...crying so hard. I called you. I wish you would've answered. I needed to hear your voice. To know that you were okay. I went 3 years not knowing anything," I say to him.

We were both heartbroken. He was heartbroken for the pain he put me through, and I'm heartbroken that he put me in that pain. I let him in. He was my everything, and he still is. I just need to trust him, but I'm scared.

"Yeah...Liv I know. I'm so sorry. I really am," he said, pleading to me.

"El, it's okay," I say to him.

His nose finally stopped bleeding. I get some ice and put it in a ziplock bag and wrap a small hand towel around it so it wouldn't be as cold.

"Here put that on there," I say, handing him the bag of ice.

"Thanks," he said. "Liv, I'm sorry for ruining your relationship."

"El...it's fine. I meant what I said. With you around, there's no way I could even think about being with Brian. You are my number one priority, not him. Plus, you seen what a jerk he is. He will be running back to me tomorrow," I said, laughing. He began to laugh too.

"I was surprised when you came over to me after the two punches we took," he said to me.

"Yeah, of course. I saw him coming towards you and no way! Elliot, I mean, I wasn't going to watch you get hurt, I couldn't," I said to him. He smiled. We walked over to the living room and sat on the couch. "How's your nose?" I asked him as he lifted the ice off of it and I looked at it.

"Hey, I'm fine. I'm just glad he didn't hurt you," he said, brushing my hair behind my ear. I couldn't help smiling.

"Yeah," I looked down and smiled like an idiot. I looked back up. "Are you sure your nose is okay?" I said, taking a closer look. I put my hand on his face.

"Yes. It's fine," he said.

We just sat there staring into each other's eyes. He leaned in to kiss me. Our lips touched and Brian walked in.

"Liv, I'm so-" Brian said. "What are you doing with my girlfriend!?" Brian directed his focus to Elliot.

"Excuse you? We broke up," I said, snapping at him. "I can do whatever I want," I continued.

Brian walked over to us and I stood up. "You back away, now Cassidy!" I said as I gritted my teeth.

"You know you love me," he said, grabbing my face and kissing me.

I couldn't get out of the kiss because of the grip on my face. He finally quit kissing me and I spit in his face.

"I meant what I said out there. I love Elliot, not you. I just need some time with Elliot after 3 years of not having him. So, I want you out of my apartment," I said to him.

Elliot saw it was getting intense and I was trying to hold back my anger, so he got up and put his hand on my waist. Brian stared and came closer to Elliot.

"If you don't back away from my girl, we are gonna have some problems," Brian said, he was right in Elliot's face.

"You heard her. She said she doesn't want to be with you anymore. She broke up with you. So back off or we will have problems," Elliot said to him. Brian's face was red, but he walked away and I went and locked the door behind him.

"Thank you," I said to Elliot.

"No problem. He doesn't get to talk to you or any woman like that," he said back to me.

"You know? You get pretty jealous when it comes to me, but it's a good thing," I said while laughing. Elliot laughed too. It was 6:58 A.M. I just realized that. "Oh my gosh. We have to be at work in 30 minutes," I say.

It takes about 15 minutes to get to the precinct from my apartment. I ran and got dressed in about 3 minutes, Elliot just wore what he had on. We drove his car and rushed to work it was a little after 7:15 A.M. when we got to the precinct.

"You are going to meet 2 new detectives," I say to Elliot as we get out of the car.

"Who?" he asks me.

"Detective Nick Amaro and Detective Amanda Rollins," I say as we get on the elevator.

"Okay. So, Liv are we good?" he asks me.

Good? Really? If Brian wouldn't have broken that kiss up, I was going to. I can't just let him back in. I can't afford to lose him.

"Uh, no...Stabler. We aren't. This can't happen. I can't just trust you. I don't know. I just need time, okay?" I say to him. "I promise...just give me time," I say as we walk out of the elevator.

"You got it, Benson," he said. We walk up to Amaro and Rollins.

"Detectives Nick Amaro and Amanda Rollins this is Elliot Stabler. Elliot this is Amaro and Rollins," I say, introducing them all. They all shake hands.

"Nice to meet you two," Elliot said to Nick and Amanda.

"You too," Amanda said to him. Nick just smiled and nodded. Elliot and I walked into Cragen's office.

"Well, well, if it isn't Elliot Stabler," Cragen says as he and Elliot shake hands and hug. "Glad to have you back," Cragen said to him. Then, Fin walked into Cragen's office and began to say something, but stopped.

"Elliot," he said. "It's been a while. I'm glad your back," Fin finished and he and Elliot hugged.

"You too, Fin," Elliot said back to him. We all began to walk out of Cragen's office.

"Olivia," Cragen said. Fin, Elliot, and I all stopped.

"Yeah, Cap?" I reply back to him.

"We need to talk," he said. "Alone," he added on, hinting for Fin and Elliot to leave his office, and they did.