Chapter 16

We were headed back upstairs after talking with his mother. We went to check on the girls, then went in our room.

"So, what's going on with Rollins?" Elliot asked as he closed our bedroom door.

"She's pregnant, and it's Amaro's. He's not taking it well right now, and she doesn't know how to handle it all," I said as I began to take my clothes off.

"Well, how exactly did he take it?" he asked, undoing his belt, and taking off his pants.

"Let's just say...he got pretty mad at Rollins and she was on edge so..." I said, taking off my shirt.

"They'll fix it," he said, as he took off his shirt.

"I hope...hey throw me your shirt," I said, smiling as he threw his shirt to me and I slipped it on.

He climbed into bed with just his boxers on, as he did every night. I got in bed beside him and his arms were immediately around me.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you, too," I said, receiving a kiss from him on my forehead. "So, what happened earlier with your mom? What did you guys talk about?"

"Oh, she, uh...just wanted to say some things to me. It's nothing," he said.

"Oh, okay then," I said. Something obviously happened in the kitchen and he just didn't want to tell me.

"Liv, it's nothing. Don't go and get mad," he said.

"I didn't say anything, did I? No," I said as I rolled over on my side and his arms left my body. He was just making me mad.

"Liv, c'mon," he said, propping himself up on his elbow.

"Just...don't," I said, getting out of bed and walking into the living room. I was surprised to find Bernie still awake.

"Olivia, what's the matter?" she asked, as I sat beside her on the couch.

Elliot's shirt was long enough, so nothing was showing. And, if it was, Bernie wouldn't have minded.

"Nothing...I just...nothing," I said, smiling.

"You can tell me anything. You're dating my son and you're the mother of my grand children," she said in a very comforting way.

"It's just...I feel like Elliot isn't telling me something and I feel like it's something bad and I don't want to think of what it could be," I said, as I felt chills all over my body, I was fixing to cry, but I held it back.

"Olivia...he's not hiding anything from you, I swear. He loves you so much," she said, taking my hand.

"I know. I'm dumb for saying that, but...the kitchen? I asked him what all you two said to each other and he just denied it," I said.

"Olivia, you really want to know?" she asked as I nodded my head. "He was telling me how much he loved you and how he couldn't be without you. I was asking him about you and he was telling me. That's it."

"I was on the verge of tears and I knew that I had f****d up. God, I'm so dumb. I feel awful," I said.

"Don't he loves you. Now get your a** up there," she said as we laughed before I got up and walked towards the bedroom.

I walked in and Elliot was standing there and we made eye contact.

"I'm sorry," was all I said before I began crying and hugging him. "I feel so stupid!"

"Hey, don't. I'm not mad. I love you with everything I've got, Liv," he said, cupping my face.

"I know...your mom told me what you said in the kitchen," I said.

"Now do you see why I didn't want to say anything?" he asked.

"No, I don't. You shouldn't be ashamed, El," I said.

"It seems childish, I know," he said.

"No, Elliot, it doesn't. Just shut up and kiss me," I said, smiling before our lips made contact.

~~~

I woke up twice in the middle of the night to feed the twins...and several other times for them crying. It was 6 in the morning and I've had about an hour of sleep at the most.

"F*** it! I'm just not even going to try and sleep," I said, somewhat to myself. I said it a little loud and woke Elliot up.

"Liv, what's going on?" he asked, sleep still present in his voice.

"I can't sleep. I'm sorry, go back to sleep," I said, getting out of bed.

"Hey, how about this? I'll take the twins and you sleep, okay?" he asked.

"They'll need to be fed in a few more hours, so I won't get that much sleep," I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"Go pump and make 2 bottles for later," he said.

"Okay. Are you sure you got them?" I asked.

"I'm sure," he said, kissing me. I got out of bed and went and pumped enough milk for 2 bottles.

I came back in the bedroom.

"The bottles are in the fridge, warm them up a bit before you feed it to them and don't forget to bur-" he cut me off by kissing me.

"I got this," he said, laughing. He left the room and went downstairs with his mom and had one twin in each arm.

"Finally," I mumbled to myself before crawling into bed. Then, I heard the bedroom door open. Great, I thought. "What's wrong now?" I asked.

"Nothing," Elliot's voice traced the room as he climbed in bed beside me.

"The twins?" I asked.

"My mom's watching them. She said she didn't mind, so don't go crazy with the questions," he said, laughing.

"So, are you sleeping with me?" I asked.

"I could sleep," he said, smiling and wrapping his arms around me.

I placed my head on his chest and my arm across it, tracing small circles on his upper chest.

"Don't get up, please," I said.

"I won't. I'll be right here when you wake up," he said, smiling.

"Okay...good," I said, closing my eyes.

"I love you so much, Olivia Benson. You mean the world to me. I can't believe you're the mother of my children," he said, before we kissed.

"I love you so much more, Elliot Stabler," I mumbled before getting comfortable and falling asleep in his arms.

A/N~ Ugh, I need some drama in this story, lol. I'll think of something, I promise!! Let me know what you all think! Y'all's input means a lot! I love it...and you guys! Read on, babes!