Chapter 26

It's been 6 months since everything with Brianna. Elliot and I are recovering well and everything is back to the way it was before all of it. We still miss her...we always will. That won't change.

Brianna will never be forgotten. I'm trying to, not necessarily forget about her, but put it in the back of my mind so I'm not always mopey. But other than that...yeah. I think her death has really taken a toll on Elliot.

He's been acting so...different since that day. Hopefully, that will change soon. We have a doctor's appointment today to find out the gender of the baby.

"Hey, I'm ready to go," I said with my hand under my bump.

"I've got the keys, so let's go," he said, with sort of a depressing tone, which made me so furious and I can't even explain it. So, I just went off.

"You can't live like this, Elliot! It's driving me crazy! It's been half a year since we lost her! It sucks...it really, really sucks. And I still haven't gotten over it...I still think about her all the time. She'll never go away. It just kills me thinking about it, so I just don't! I know, it sounds bad to say, but when you aren't thinking about your dead daughter all the time, you actually can at least try to get something done! Okay? We have another baby on the way, this baby will never replace Brianna, but we got blessed with another child. I mean, do you not think I'm hurting too?! Because I am. I have kept this family together for the past 6 months, and I can't do it much longer, El. It's just showed me that I can live without you in my life, but believe me...I do not want to. I love you so much, but you have to help me. I don't want to do it without the love of my life," I said it so quickly. I just now realized how much of my feelings that I've actually kept inside for so long...and I don't regret saying one word of that.

"I'm sorry, Liv. I know that you're hurt, believe me, anyone would be. I just don't know what's going on with me. I'm getting better though, I swear. I love you," he spoke so softly, which scared me.

"I know and everything will be fine, okay? I just really don't want to do it without you, so don't leave me," my words were much softer this time.

"I'm not going anywhere. How many times do I have to tell you that?" he said with a faint laugh before we walked out of our house and drove to the OB/GYN.

We got called back to a room about 30 minutes later. I got in the seat and laid back. It took about 15 minutes for the actual OB to come in.

"Ah, welcome back you two!" I heard the familiar voice before looking up. It was Dr. Garner, the same OB we had when I was pregnant with the twins. "Nothing has changed about you, Olivia! You look gorgeous! The only thing I see different is a ring on that finger," she said with a smirk.

"Thank you! And yes! This man right here," I said with a smile.

"So when did he ask you?" she said looking at the ring.

"I guess it's been almost two years ago, not quite," I said, allowing her to look at the ring.

"That ring is absolutely stunning! It's huge! D**n, let me know if there's anymore guys like him," she said, causing us all to laugh. "So, back to your gender reveal and update on your little one," she said as I lifted my shirt with a smile.

She put the cold gel on and looked around for a bit, trying to find the private area.

"Hm, it looks like you're having a...little boy! Congratulations, you two! And, everything seems to be fine. Nothing to be concerned about," Dr. Garner said as I looked to Elliot, who had the biggest smile on his face.

The biggest one I've seen since the Brianna thing. It made me want to cry, but a happy cry. He then got up to go to the restroom and that's what I told Dr. Garner.

"Hey, so how's the twins, by the way?" she asked.

"Oh, they're great!" I said with a fake laugh and tears in my eyes, but I continued to smile.

"Olivia? Hon, something wrong?" she questioned.

"No...no. It's just...Brianna died about 6 months ago and it's been hard. We're just now getting back in the groove of things," I said softly.

"Oh, honey, come here," she said as we hugged. "I'm so sorry. You should've called me as soon as it happened!" she said.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry," I said. Elliot was getting closer to the door and I coughed and let out of the hug. I placed a smile on my face and wiped the tears.

"So, I want an invitation to this wedding by the way," she said when Elliot walked in and we all sort of laughed.

"Of course!" I said with a smile.

"Okay, so I'll see you next month for your next appointment!" Dr. Garner said before walking out. I changed back into my clothes and a nurse came in and gave me a prescription for some more prenatal vitamins.

We drove to get my vitamins and then at a red light Elliot said something.

"What?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Brenton River Stabler," he said, calmly, looking at me with a smile.

"I love it," I said as we kissed. Just like that, our sweet baby boy already had a name.

We went and hung out with the squad for a while, since we hadn't seen them since Brianna's funeral. Obviously, they knew I was pregnant...they could tell.

"So have y'all decided on a name yet?" Amanda asked.

"Actually, we have. Brenton River," Elliot said, smiling.

"I love it!" Amanda said before Elliot walked over to the guys, who had just gotten there. "How is he?" she asked after Elliot got over to the other side of the small, not necessarily bar, but it had a bar.

"I think he's better. Today, though, when we saw that we were having a little boy...Amanda, it was the biggest smile I've gotten from him since the day before we found out about Brianna. Back when everything was perfect. So, he's getting better, and having a boy seems to cheer him up and that's all I want," I said while looking over at him as he smile at me.

A/N~ Guys, I'm soooo sorry for not updating in forever! School has started back, and these first few weeks have been chaotic!! So, I want to take the time to thank you all for sticking with me and I hope you enjoyed this update! Let me know in the comments, please!!! I want to hear your input! I love all of you beautiful people❤️❤️