Chapter 7

I woke up in bed with a massive hangover. Elliot and I drank so much last night. I roll over to see Elliot by my side. In my bed. I freak out.

"Elliot," I say as I shake him. "Elliot! Get up!" I say a bit louder.

"God, you don't have to yell," he says to me.

"Elliot, did we...?" I ask him.

"No we didn't. You're fine," he says. I let out a deep breath. Thank goodness.

"Then why are you in my bed?" I ask, snapping at him.

"You wanted me to stay over and I said okay. Then, we got extremely drunk and you wanted me to sleep with you," he said.

"Oh okay," I said, suddenly feeling bad for getting mad.

"So did you sleep well?" he asked me.

"Besides this hangover...yeah I did. And you?" I ask.

"It would be better without the hangover, as well," he says. I get out of bed and throw on some clothes, as does Elliot.

"We better hurry. We are gonna be late if we don't," I say and I throw my hair up into a clip.

"I'm ready when you are," he says.

"Okay, let's go," I say as we head for the door. We walk out and I lock it after we do. We both get in our cars and drive off.

When we get to the precinct we both get there the same time as Fin did. We all three walk into the elevator.

"You two okay?" he asks us.

"Uh yeah, just had a few too many last night," Elliot responds.

"Me too," I say as I rub my head. Fin laughed at us.

"Good luck with that," he said and I chuckled and we walked out of the elevator.

"Benson...Stabler...we got a vic at Mercy," Cragen says to us as soon as we walk in.

"On it," I said as Elliot and I turned back and got into the elevator.

When we got to the first floor we walked out and got into a squad car. It was silent the first few minutes of the drive. I was looking out the window and humming.

"What'cha humming?" Elliot asked me. I immediately stopped and looked over at him.

"It's nothing," I say.

"C'mon tell me," he said.

"Fine. It's called 'How Do I Live Without You?' by Trisha Yearwood," I said, giving into telling him.

"Never heard of it," he says.

I can tell he's kind of upset a bit just because of the title of the song but I mean I can't help it.

"It's a good song," I say to him. I'm trying to hold back my tears. That song reminds me of so much.

"Hey, would you want to go out with me this weekend?" he asks me.

"Uh...doing what?" I asked.

"Dinner?" he asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I respond.

~~~
The next weekend...

I look down at my phone. It was a message from Elliot.

E- Hey, I hope you're ready. Be there in five.

O- Yeah, I'm putting my shoes on now

I slipped on my heels and waited for Elliot. I'm wearing a silver dress, it's fairly short, but hugs my curves in all the right places.

Elliot finally got there when I heard a knock on my door. I quickly got up and answered the door. I was shocked and so was he.

"Liv...you look stunning," he said to me and I blushed.

"Thank you. You look handsome," I said to him. And he did. He looked freakishly hot. Stupid feelings. I'm attracted and I don't need this, but I can't help it.

We arrived at the restaurant. It was very fancy and had a dance floor. There weren't that many people there, though.

I ordered and so did Elliot. We waited for our food. We sipped our wine and were laughing and carrying on.

Then, I noticed something. I haven't smiled or laughed this much in 3 years. What was the only difference? Elliot. I was lost in my thought when our food arrived at our table.

We were done with our food and were just talking.

"I hope you like dancing," Elliot said to me.

"What?" I say, confused.

"Dancing. Do you like it?" he asked me.

"Yeah. Why?" I asked him.

"Good," he said back. Just then I hear a familiar song come on over the speakers.

"Elliot, you didn't. I cry when I listen to this because it makes me think of you...of us," I said as I fought the urge to cry.

It was 'How Do I Live Without You?'. It was a song I listened to a lot. Elliot put his hand out.

"Can we dance?" he asked me.

I simply shook my head and took his hand. I was humming along with the song. I was in tears the moment the words began to be sang.

'How do I
Get through one night without you?
If I had to live without you
What kind of life would that be?
Oh and I...
I need you in my arms
Need you to hold
You're my world, my heart, my soul
If you ever leave
Baby, you'd take away everything good in my life...'

I heard Elliot humming as we swayed together.

"I thought you didn't know this song?" I asked him confused.

"I lied. I know every word to it. It hurt me when you said it reminded you of me...of us," he said to me right before the music began again.

"El..." I said to him.

"It's okay, Liv," he said and then I began humming again.

'Baby, I don't know what I would do
I'd be lost if I lost you
If you ever leave
Baby, you would take away everything real in my life
And tell me now
How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I
How do I
Oh, how do I live'

I was bawling at this point. Not loudly, but tears were streaming down my face. I walked away from Elliot and went back to the table we were at before. He followed me.

"Now, do you see how I feel?" I ask him, caring. I was still crying.

"Yes, Liv. That song was wrote for this. I'm sorry," he said.

"El, it's fine. Really," I said as I wiped the tears away. "Can you just take me home?" I asked him. My eyes were now red from crying.

"Yeah, of course," he said as he paid the bill and we left.

A/N~ What'd you guys think? So...yeah. That song is a really good song and I cry every time I listen or think about it. It reminds me of SO much stuff and yeah. Anyways, thanks for reading! I love you all💜