Chapter 18

Turns out, Elliot actually got up throughout the night and tended to the twins. I woke up once, only to be told that I needed to get some rest.

Elliot had just walked back in the bedroom from putting the twins to sleep and in their cribs. It was around 6 ish.

"How you holding up, there Stabler?" I asked with a laugh.

"I don't know how you do it," he said before climbing back in bed.

"You and me both," I said, getting out of bed.

"Where are you going?" he said, in a pouting kind of way.

"I'm going to put some clothes on and do something with today," I said, looking down at the clothing I had on, which was Elliot's shirt.

"Come lay with me," he said.

"Ugh, fine," I scoffed, before I let out a laugh. I got back in bed beside him. He almost immediately fell asleep and I got back out of bed, continuing to get dressed.

I finished taking a shower and put on some black heels and a tight, curve fitting, black dress. I quickly curled my hair and put on some makeup. I wanted Elliot and I to have a night nice out.

I called Fin and Amanda to see if they could watch the girls, and of course, they didn't mind. I pumped 6 more bottles, figuring Elliot and I would be gone until around midnight.

Elliot woke up around 12. I was downstairs, breast feeding the girls before Amanda and Fin got there.

I heard footsteps and then Elliot's voice.

"Why are you dressed up?" he asks before sitting beside me on the couch as I fixed the dress and handed Emily to him.

"We have a day to ourselves," I said, smiling.

"Who's watching these two?" he asked.

"Fin and Amanda," I said, smirking slightly. He said nothing, just kissed me before I heard a knock at the door. "That's probably them."

I got up, Brianna in my arms, and went to open the door. I allowed them in and explained that there were bottles in the fridge, other than that, Amanda knew what to do. She was going to be a great mother.

"Alright, we're heading out," I said, before hugging Amanda.

"Have fun you two," she said, laughing. I went over to hug Fin as well.

"You look amazing, Liv," he whispered in my ear. "Have her back before midnight."

We then all laughed.

"I'll try," Elliot said, laughing.

"See y'all later," Amanda said, before we left.

We got to the car and Elliot opened the door for me. I smiled and thanked him. For some reason, I felt very weird and crazy. I had butterflies in my stomach and I wasn't the usual me. I felt like a teenager.

Elliot got in the car and began driving.

"So, where to first?" he asked, placing his hand in mine.

"I was thinking we could go out to eat and then go to the movies," I said, as we turned right, heading into town.

"Sounds good to me. Where do you want to go eat?" he asked, smiling as we came to a red light.

"Isn't there a new Italian restaurant downtown?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah. I think so. Babbo? Right?" he asked.

"Yeah, that's it!" I said, remembering the name from when I was scrolling through social media feed earlier, and I think I also heard it on the news.

"That's where you want to go?" he asked, making sure of my decision.

"Yes, it looks amazing," I said as we turned onto a different street.

"Is that it?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah, that's it," I said, looking out of my window and seeing the sign of the restaurant.

We pulled into a parking place and Elliot came around and opened my door for me. I got out and took his hand. Elliot opened the restaurant door and I smiled. We got in and the hostess quickly got us at a booth.

The lights were off, but bright lights hung over every table and booth in there, so it was enough that you could see. A waitress was quickly there to take our drink orders. Elliot and I both ordered a glass of wine.

"This place is extremely fancy," he said, laughing.

"I know, but it's kind of cool because we hardly ever do anything like this," I said, him reaching across the table to take my hands, I smiled at him.

The waitress the came back with our wine and our hands quickly let go of the other's. She then asked for our orders. Elliot got something involving fish. I, however, just got a salad.

The waitress smiled at us, then walked off.

I wonder how Fin and Amanda are holding up," I say, eating some of my salad.

"Liv, they're fine. Don't worry about it. The twins are in good hands," he said, smiling.

"I know, I need to let it go and focus on us," I say.

"Hey, I understand. I worry about them, it's not just you," he said.

"This is our night, and plus, I need a night without stress," I said, laughing.

We continued eating and talking until we completely finished. We left the restaurant and headed towards the movies.

We pulled in and went to buy tickets, popcorn, and a drink. We were going to watch The Boy, some scary movie about a doll.

The movie turned out to be pretty good, when we got home at around 2 A.M., we thanked Amanda and Fin for watching the twins. They had just put them back to sleep, so they should sleep through the night. Then, they left. Leaving only me and Elliot.

We went upstairs and he pressed his lips against mine before he began taking my shirt off, as I took his off. We got in the bed, after all of our clothes were off.

His fingers traced my collar bone, and he began to kiss my neck. After that, no words were needed throughout the next couple of hours.

A/N~ Comment what you guys think!