Chapter 4

I walk back in and closed the door behind me.

"Uh...yeah, Cap?" I ask him while trying to configure all of the things in my head he could need to talk about.

"You know you are like a daughter to me and I care about you, right?" he asks me. I'm so lost with where he's going with this.

"Yeah, I do. You're like a dad to me and I care about you too," I say while flashing a small smile. "So...what's wrong?" I ask him, cautiously.

"Elliot. Are you just letting him back into your life just like that? After three years? Three years Olivia," he tells me.

"Uh...no I was tr-" I was cut off by him.

"Olivia. He hurt you and you know that. He doesn't deserve a second chance with you. He sho-" he tells me but I cut him off. That statement made me mad.

"Yes, okay? He hurt me. But that doesn't me he doesn't get a second chance. I'm not just letting him waltz right back into my life just for him to break me again. I know he would never do that to me again. He needs time...I need time. You honestly have no idea how much I loved him...how much I do love him. I just can't let him back in my life like that. I need all the details and he needs mine. I'm overwhelmed by it all. Plus, the fact you knew about him going undercover. So you have no right to tell me what I can and can't do with the relationship between the two of us. You knew about it all and didn't bother to tell me!" I say, starting to get mad. I couldn't help it.

"Olivia..." he begins.

"I've spoken my mind and I'm done here. I'm taking the rest of the day off," I say as I practically storm out.

I walk to my desk, my emotion showing on my face. I grab my stuff and begin to walk out.

"Hey, where are you going?" Elliot comes up behind me, stopping me.

"I'm taking the rest of the day off. Why do you care?" I say, snapping at him.

"I...just...okay then. Never mind. I'll see you tomorrow," he said as he turned around, beginning to walk away.

"El..." I say to him. He turns around to face me. "I'm sorry, I just. I don't know," I say as he begins to walk towards me and takes me into a hug. I was crying at this point.

"Liv...shh it's okay. I'm here. Do you need to talk?" he asks me, soothingly. I shake my head yes. He releases me from his embrace.

"It's just in the-" I say, but stop. "I think this needs to be more private. Talk to you after you get off?" I ask him.

"Uh...yeah. Sure," he says as he smiles at me. I give him one back, a small one. Then, I walk off to get in the elevator.

Elliot's POV
I was worried about Olivia, but I let it go. I'm ready to talk to her and I have explaining to do.

I walk into the Captain's office right after Olivia had gotten in the elevator.

"Hey, uh Cap? I'm gonna take the rest of the day, if that's okay?" I ask him.

"What for?" he asks me.

"I need to think," I say. I lied. I needed to go talk to Olivia. I know she needs time, but I worry.

"Well, we haven't gotten any calls, so I guess you can," he says to me.

"Thank you," I say as I walk out and get in the elevator.

The elevator gets to the first floor and I walk out to get in my car. I hear yelling. I look up and see Brian fighting with Olivia. I walk over there to see what the problem is. Liv was crying.

"Liv, what's wrong?" I ask her, ignoring the fact of Brian standing right in front of us.

"Nothing, I'm fine," she says through her tears. I look over at Brian.

"What did you do to her?" I ask him, furiously. I step closer to him and gently push Olivia behind me, getting her out of harm's way.

"I didn't do a thing to her," Brian says to me.

"You had to do something for her to be in tears like this. For you to love her and want her back as your girlfriend, you sure have an odd way of showing it. Now get out of here before we have problems," I say to him and I turn back to Olivia, checking on her.

I feel a hand on my shoulder turning me around as Brian's fist meets my face. I automatically get ticked off. I thought about what he could've done to Olivia and what happened last night.

I immediately tackled him to the ground and pounded him in the face so many times that I lost count. I couldn't stop myself. Olivia was screaming at me, with her hands around me, trying to pull me off of him.

She finally gets me off and Brian's face is covered in blood. I must've broken his nose and busted his lip. By the looks of it, I dislocated his jaw as well. I didn't care about that, I cared about Olivia and her safety.

All that was going through my head at this moment was "What on earth did he do to her?"

"C'mon, El...let's go," she says to me, looking over Brian. "Go ahead to the car, I'll be there in a second," she tells me. She looked ticked, but I agreed to go wait for her in the car.

Olivia's POV
"You listen here..." I say to Brian as I squat down to him, lying on the parking lot, his face full of blood. "You need to learn that I have people that care about me. Pull another stunt like that, and I'll have him kill you. You got lucky that I pulled him off of you, or else he would've killed you," I say as I spit on him and get up from my squat. "Oh and one more thing..." I say to him as I stand fully on my feet. I kicked him so hard in the side. He groaned.

"You little b-" he begins, but I kick him again. Over and over and over again.

I didn't stop. Elliot must've seen me in the mirror of the car, because the next thing I know, he had grabbed my waist, pulling me off of Cassidy. I was kicking, crying, and yelling at Cassidy. I had so much anger at him. I thought he cared about me and loved me, I guess I was wrong.