Chapter 15

We just pulled into the house from the hospital. It was our first day home with the twins.

"Welcome home, babies!" I said, smiling. I carried Emily's car seat and Elliot carried Brianna's.

We walked through the door and the whole squad was there...so was Elliot's mother.

"Welcome home!" they all said in unison and I looked to Elliot.

"I got a hold of them all this morning before you woke up to let them know to come in," he said as we kissed.

"I'm so happy to see you guys!" I said as I hugged everyone.

"Let me see my beautiful grand babies!" Bernie said as she smiled, looking into the car seats. I took Emily out and Elliot took Brianna out.

"They are gorgeous!" Amanda said, reaching out to Emily as I handed her to her. Elliot handed Brianna to his mother.

"Elliot...she's gorgeous! I'm glad you've finally made a family that's actually going to know who I am," Bernie said, handing Brianna to Munch before she and Elliot stepped out into the kitchen to talk. I could see them talking, but couldn't quite make out the words they were saying...I would just ask Elliot after everyone leaves.

"How does it feel? To have your babies home? To be a mother?" Rollins asked as she handed Emily to Cragen as he, Fin, Munch, and Amaro all gathered around each other...Munch with Brianna...Cragen with Emily.

"Uh...I don't know...great. It's amazing. I've always wanted this in life, you know?" I said, as we walked away from the rest of the squad.

"Yeah, that's great," she said, smiling faintly.

"What's going on, Rollins?" I ask, as I try to look in the kitchen at Elliot and Bernie, but quickly direct my attention back to Amanda.

"Nothin' I'm just fine," she said in her country accent.

"You know you can tell me," I said.

"It's nothing, really," she said, once again denying the fact that something was clearly wrong.

"Tell me," I said, softly.

"I'm pregnant...and I think it's Nick's," she said, shakily.

"When did this happen?" I asked.

"A few weeks ago and I haven't interacted with anyone else except for him...so I know it's his," she said, looking back at him.

"Well congratulations!" I said excitedly. "Does Amaro know?"

"Uh...that's the problem...I just can't tell him. Everything just happened with Maria and Zara. I don't have the guts to tell him that he's got another baby on the way. He's on the edge...child support isn't cheap," she said, talking about his child support he owed Maria every two weeks for Zara.

"Amanda...you've gotta tell him somehow," I said, placing my hand on her arm.

"I know, Liv. I just don't know how," she said, looking down at her stomach. She wouldn't be showing for at least a couple more months.

"Just tell him and hope for the best outcome," I said, giving her a small smile.

"Thank you. It means a lot," she said, smiling at me before walking off.

She walked up to Amaro and said something. They then, walked towards the apartment door.

I tried to keep my eyes on them until they got out, but Elliot came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I turned around to face him.

"What was that about?" I asked him, referring to his mother.

"Oh, it was nothing. I'll tell you later," he said before we kissed. Amaro and Rollins came back in the room.

Amanda looked a little shaken up and Nick seemed a bit tense.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked her, noting Elliot to leave us alone for a minute.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm great," she said, giving me a fake smile.

"C'mon," I said before telling her to follow me and we stepped outside.

"H-he just flipped out. He got so mad. I don't know what's going to happen. I can't take care of a baby...my job. I'm on the job 24/7. I just don't know," she said, frustrated.

"Take it easy, okay. He'll come around. You saw him in there with Emily and Brianna. He loves kids. I think he's just a little worried right now. He'll get with the program. We both know it," I said, trying to reassure her thoughts. "And if he doesn't, I'll have a talk with him. And if I can't change his mind, I'm sure as h*** Elliot can," I said, causing us to both emit a little laughter.

"Thanks, Liv," she said before we went back to enjoy our time together.

After a couple more hours of having a good time, everyone began gathering their things and left.

Except for Bernie...she was going to stay with Elliot and I for the night.

"I still can't believe that my grand babies are here!" Bernie said excitingly as she smiled.

"I can't either! 9 months of carrying them around...it's crazy!" I said, smiling. "Well, I need to go feed them, so I'll be back down in a few minutes."

"I'll go with you...make yourself at home, mom," Elliot said, as he picked up Emily and followed me upstairs. I held Brianna in my arms as we walked into our bedroom.

"I'm so tired and it's only 6 in the afternoon," I said to Elliot as he closed our bedroom door. I pulled off my shirt and pulled down the top of my tank top and bra. Brianna began eating and Elliot sat beside me.

"What was going on today? With Amanda?" he asked.

"I'll tell you later on tonight, okay?" I said.

A few minutes later, Brianna finished eating and I fixed my tank top and bra. I pulled down the other side of my bra and tank top and Elliot and I switched babies. As Emily began eating, Elliot kissed my forehead.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you more," I said with a smile.

After Emily finished eating, the twins were out like a light and we put them in their crib. We went back into the living room and spent a couple of hours talking with Bernie.