Chapter 20

"Is everything alright, babe?" Elliot asked as we walked out of Emily and Brianna's room.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I promise," I said with a fake smile as we entered our room.

"Liv, what's up? Tell me," he said, putting his arms around me.

That was one thing with him. He could tell when something was wrong, most of the time. He knew me better than anyone, so it was hard to keep things from him.

"It's nothing, okay?" I said, kind of snappy.

"You're s-" he began, but I cut him off.

"You know what? Actually, it's just that Alex brought up some things and we were talking and she was questioning us, our relationship, the kids...you," I said.

"Well, what did she say, babe?" he asked.

"It was mainly if I trusted you or not and how you hurt me. She was practically saying that if I ever needed anything, or if you hurt me again, she'll be there for me," I said, looking down.

"Well, she has no right whatsoever to talk to you that way about our family," he said, getting angry.

"I kn-" but he wouldn't let me speak.

"No, Liv. She can't just run into you somewhere and then tell you how you should live your life. That's not her decision...it's yours. And if you think for a split second that it's not, you're wrong. She needs to shut the h*** up and leave us alone. This is our business, not hers," he said, still getting even madder by the minute.

"Well, what did you want me to do about it? Tell her that she has no authority to tell me her opinion on us? No, I'm not doing that. She does have an opinion on this. It doesn't mean it's right, but she has an opinion. So does everyone in the squad, but guess what? We can't do a d*** thing about it because that's their right. They can have opinions, too," I said, trying to defend my friends.

"Liv, c'mon. You know what I mean. It's just not fair that she gets to walk back into your life and all of a sudden have such an impact," he said.

"Ring a bell?" I snapped back, referring to himself.

"Liv, really? You're going to bring this s*** up? I can't believe you right now," he said, placing a hand on his head and pacing the room.

"Well, Elliot...what are you going to do about it, huh? Leave? Well, go!" I said, out of anger, not actually meaning it.

It was a long bit of silence before either of us spoke up.

"El, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. It's just...she does have an opinion and I can't just look at it from your point of view. I'm sorry for saying that, I really am. I don't want you to go. I want you to be with me and your daughters. I don't want them growing up without a father. And I sure as h*** don't want to be without you," I said, trying not to cry.

"It's okay. We're going to fight. It happens. It's a couple thing, alright? Don't worry, I'm here. And I swear to God, that I will never leave you again. I couldn't hurt you or my kids. I love you," he said as I walked into his open arms as he embraced me.

"I love you, too," I said, smiling.

That was one thing I truly loved about us...it was the fact that we could argue so much and get so mad at each other, but still come right back to each other when it's all over.

All we have to do is look at each other and we know that the other is sorry and didn't mean to say what they had said. It's just, that we know each other so well, it's hard to take us apart.

It's crazy, because I never would've even imagined myself here, again. In his arms. He was gone for so long and I had almost lost hope for him coming back. But, some part of me knew that he would be back. So, I held on to what I had.

I know, we get mad at each other a lot and we fight...but, truly? We are happy. We are the happiest people that you will ever see. One of us without the other is like a broken sail on boat...it's useless.

~~~

6 months later...

Elliot asked me to marry him today, and of course I said yes. I was crying and everyone in the squad was happy for us.

I was looking down at the ring on my finger and it was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I love him so much and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

Our babies turned 6 months old today and let's just say that they are growing like a weed. It seems like it was yesterday when I was in the hospital giving birth to them.

"I have everything I want in you three," I said, smiling and kissing Elliot.

"I have everything I want in my beautiful girls too," he said back, kissing my head, along with each of the twins.

Just then, the phone rang and Elliot answered it. I was playing around with the twins when I looked back at him and he didn't look all that great.

"El, what's wrong?" I whispered as he was still on the phone. I had no idea as to who he was on the phone with. He held his finger up and continued talking on the phone.

A few moments later, he hung up the phone.

"Elliot, who on earth was that? What happened? You don't look all that happy over that phone call," I said, taking a pause as Elliot looked around, and was in, what seemed to be, confusion. "Elliot...what the h*** happened?"

A/N~ So, guys, I'm pretty sure I know how I'm going to end this book...and I'm pretty sure there will be no sequel😁 Just to let you guys know ahead of time. So, comment and let me know what you all think☺️