Chapter 13

Our week at work was hectic, but the gender of our baby...well babies...didn't manage to get out so that's good. It's Friday and Elliot and I need to go get a few more things for the baby shower.

Our idea is to have a huge white balloon filled with pink confetti, showing it's a girl. To hint off we are having twins, we were thinking of having a cake that says: Twice the blessings, twice the fun...two little miracles, instead of one.

We had about 1 hour before everyone begins to show up, so I go change into leggings and a sweater and lightly waved my hair.

I then put my makeup on...just enough to look natural. I was messing around with my hair and looking at myself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful. They should be here any minute," Elliot said as he stood in the doorway.

"I'm just so nervous," I said as I walked over to him, put my arms around his neck and pouted.

"It's okay, babe," he said as he placed his hands on the sides of my face as I smile.

"I know...I just...how are they going to react when they find out it's two babies and not one?" I said.

"Liv..." he said.

"I know. I know. I don't know why I am thinking this. I guess it's just the hormones talking," I say as I laugh and he smiles at me.

"You're perfect...even with your hormones," he said, causing me to laugh.

We kissed and in the middle of our kiss, there was a knock at the door. I groan.

"You ready?" he asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I said as we walked to the door.

We opened it to reveal the whole squad and Elliot's mom, Bernie. I was bombarded by hugs and congratulations, as was Elliot.

We all sat around and talked for a bit and Elliot and I bought some finger foods to eat and some wine. Of course, I didn't drink any.

About an hour or so later, we decided to reveal the gender.

"Okay, are you guys ready to know what we're having?" I asked. Of course everyone was excited about it. So, Elliot went and got the pink confetti filled balloon.

"I'm so excited for you two!" Bernie said as she hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much!" I said. Everyone was on the edge...ready to know what we were having. "I can already tell this baby's going to be spoiled," I said as we all laughed.

Elliot walked back into the living room with the huge balloon in his hands. I was smiling uncontrollably. I grabbed a pen and we counted down from 3.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..." we all said in unison as I popped the balloon with the pen and pink confetti went all over the living room floor as we all began cheering.

I smiled and Elliot and I kissed. Then, it was time for cake. Elliot and I walked into the kitchen together to get the cake.

"You okay, Liv?" he asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good," I said.

"It's fine," he said as he kissed my forehead and grabbed the cake out of the refrigerator.

We walked back out and sat it on the counter top. Everyone read it and was so confused. Then, Bernie spoke up.

"I'm having two grand babies?" she said as she looked to Elliot and he nodded.

"Surprise! We're having identical twin girls!" I said as I smiled really big. Once again, everyone was ecstatic. They were all happy for Elliot and I.

"What are their names?" Amanda asked.

"The names we have picked out are Emily Nicole and Brianna Reese," I said as I placed my hand on my bump.

We cut the cake and everyone ate a slice. After a few more hours of just talking, everyone left and it was just Elliot and I.

Elliot swept up the confetti off of the floor and came back into the living room.

I had my hand on my bump and was looking out the window. Just then, the twins began kicking.

"El..." I say as I turn around to face him.

"What's the matter?" he asks as he looks at me.

"The babies are kicking," I said as I smiled at him.

He wiped a tear from my face and placed his hand on my stomach. They babies continuously kicked.

"I can't believe this," he said as he cupped my face. I smiled before we kissed. "I love you, Liv."

"I love you, too, El," I said as I smiled.

We sat on the couch and watched television for a little while and just laughed. We talked about how everything went well at the party today.

"Your mom seemed excited to know she was having two grandchildren," I said.

"Well, these grandchildren will actually know who she is," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well ever since the divorce, the kids don't want anything to do with me or my mom. They rarely even saw her anyways. They don't even know her," he said. I could tell it was stressful to him.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"Not really. I'm fine. I've got you, and two beautiful little girls growing inside of you. I'm happy and that's that," he said as I place my head on his chest. He placed a kiss on the top of my head and we exchanged I love you's.

I began dozing off, but tried to keep myself awake. I finally spoke up.

"El, let's go to bed," I said.

"Okay, Liv," he said as he helped me off of the couch and we went into our bedroom.

I put on one of Elliot's shirts and crawled into bed beside him. I put my head on his chest and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Goodnight, I love you," he said as he pulled me closer.

"Goodnight, I love you, too," I said as I smiled to myself.

A/N~ Comment what you think! Love you all💖