Chapter 7 - I'll be your strength

*ONE WEEK LATER*

Sophie's POV

I opened my eyes as soon as I felt the light peeking through the corner of the windows. I should be packing. I was supposed to go on tour with The Wanted in three days. But instead I'm home with a twisted ankle.

I sat on the bed, picked up my crutches that were on the side of my night table and got up. I took a shower, and after I got out, I started getting ready. Today I was going to talk with the dean of my brother's college since I needed more time to pay now that I don't have a job again. Logan's twenty one now, and he's studying medicine. He's been working too, but it wasn't enough, and he needed to concentrate on his grades, so that's why I needed that job. It was the perfect opportunity.

I put on some skinny jeans and a white shirt. My hair was straight laying on my back. I picked up my bag and my keys and made my way out where a taxi was already waiting for me. Fifteen minutes later I was already on the campus. I asked to the secretary if I could go to the dean's office, but she said he was busy and asked me what did I need to talk with him.

''Let me check'' she said when I told her the story. ''Seems like is all paid already'' she said and I frowned. ''It can't be true, check again'' I told her. She looked back to the computer before returning her gaze towards me. ''It's all paid'' she repeated. ''It says here that it was paid earlier this morning'' she said. ''By who?'' I asked. ''I can't tell you that'' she said. We were interrupted by the sound of the phone that was on the desk ringing. ''Excuse me'' she said before picking up the phone.

That couldn't be right at all. I hadn't paid since three months ago. Logan would've told me if he paid it. ''Sorry, I gotta go and pick up some papers, wait for me here please'' the secretary said waking me up from my thoughts. I nodded and she got up from her chair and walked out of the office. I was looking around the office. It was big, and had some pictures of the campus all around the walls. I returned my gaze to the desk when I noticed something. A check with a little note next to it with Logan's name on it. I looked closer and my jaw dropped when I saw who had paid everything.

''Alright, I'm back dear, where were we?'' the secretary said while walking into the office and sat on her chair. ''As I told you before, someone came this morning and paid'' she said smiling. ''Yeah, thanks'' I said fighting back my tears. I picked up my crutches and got up.

I walked out of the campus and made my way down the street, this time I wasn't going that far so I could walk a bit. I stopped as soon as I was in front of the door. All the way here I was crying, how could I treat him like that? I've been such a bitch these past days. I knocked on the door. I remember we came here the second day of rehearsals to celebrate the boys success. The door opened and revealed a very sleepy Nathan behind it.

He smiled but as soon as he saw my tears his smile faded. ''Sophie what happened?'' he asked concerned. ''Where's Jay?'' I asked between my sobs. ''He's in his room, why? Did he do something to you?'' he asked and I shook my head. ''I need to talk to him, please'' I said and he nodded. He stood to the right so I could walk into the flat. ''Come on'' he said after closing the door behind us. He took me through a large hallway before stopping in front of a door.

''Jay, someone wants to talk to you!'' He said while knocking on the door. ''Who is it?'' I heard Jay yelling from inside the room. ''Just open the door!'' Nathan said. ''It's not locked, you can open it'' Jay replied. Nathan put his hand on the doorknob and opened the door. I stood behind him while walking into the room. I could see Jay sat on his bed with his phone on his hands.

''So, who wa--- Sophie? What happened?'' Jay said as soon as he looked up and saw me. He got up from the bed and went by my side. ''I'm sorry Jay'' I said crying before dropping my crutches and wrap my arms around him. He hugged me back tight and rested his chin on my head. ''I'll leave you two alone'' I heard Nathan from behind us and seconds later the door closed. We pulled away and Jay wiped away my tears.

''I'm the one that should be sorry Soph'' he finally said. ''I went to Logan's college today'' I said and he looked down. ''You shouldn't have done that Jay'' I said and he shook his head. ''I should've been with you, I was your only friend and you needed me'' he sighed and I hugged him again. ''From now on I'll always be by your side when you need me, I won't leave you alone'' he said. I could feel his heart beating. ''Come on'' he said before picking me up and sitting me on the bed. He sat down next me and shot me a warm smile.

''Are you gonna tell me everything that happened?'' he asked and I shook my head. ''Not now, maybe later'' I said and he nodded. ''Wanna watch a movie?'' he asked and I nodded smiling. ''Well, make yourself comfortable, pick a movie, I'll be right back'' he said. ''Alright'' I said smiling. I picked a random movie and sat on a corner of the bed. Minutes later Jay was back with a bowl on his hands full of popcorn. He lied down on the bed and patted the empty spot next to him. I smiled and lied down next to him. He put the bowl on his lap and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, I rested my head on his shoulder and he presses the play button on the remote.

We spent hours watching some movies, eating popcorn and chatting. Just like the old times. Jay and me against the world. We ended cuddled asleep on his bed...

Jay's POV

I woke up at midnight with the sound of someone crying. I turned around and saw Sophie sat on the bed with her face buried on her hands. I sat right away and wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back. ''I promised her I was gonna take care of him'' she said crying. ''Who?'' I asked confused. ''I promised my mom I was gonna take care of Logan when she died, and I screwed everything up'' she said. ''Don't say that Sophie, come on, let's make you some tea to calm down a bit okay?'' I said and she nodded. I picked her up bridal style and took her to the kitchen. I sat her down on a chair and started making her a cup of tea.

''My mom died two years after you left'' I heard Sophie from behind me. I turned around and saw her looking down at his hands like she had something there. ''The last thing she asked me was to take care of my brother and me, Logan was seventeen by that time'' she said looking up, her green eyes full of sadness. ''That day I promised myself I was gonna do everything to make Logan's life the best one'' she kept going. ''What about your dad?'' I asked her. ''Two months after mom died, we went to the US and looked for him just to find out he was in jail'' she said. ''Sorry'' I said and she shrugged.

I turned around and picked up the mug before placing it in front of her. She picked it up and took a sip. ''So, we came back to London'' she said. I started playing with my hands not knowing what to do. She'd been through such tough times and I was here doing nothing. ''Thanks Jay'' she said and I looked up. ''Thanks for helping me, I'll pay you back soon, I promise'' she said and I shook my head. ''No, that was just a way to apologize for not being next to you, for leaving like that'' I said. ''That was a lot of money Jay, it's not fair'' she said. ''Soph, I'm on a boyband, and we're doing pretty good lately, that's nothing, seriously'' I said and she smiled.

''Come on, let's get back to the room, you need to sleep'' I said. I took the cup from her hands and put it in the table before picking Sophie up again bridal style and take her to my room. I placed her down on the bed and went to the other side. I lied down and turned off the lamp on the night table. ''Good night, Sophie'' I said. ''Night, Jay'' she said. Seconds Later I felt an arm on my waist and Sophie's head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around her back, smiled, and closed my eyes...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello!!! I don't have anything to say about this chapter xD I really liked it! =D But yeah... The next chapter will be out next week, since I'm going with my family to the mountains, and there's not wifi there... From friday to sunday, so yeah... Maybe I get the chance to write while I'm there, idk...

Thanks for all your support again! Keep voting please? leaving feedback, I really wanna know what do you think about ''Dance With me'' so far =D and add this to one of your reading lists maybe?

Love you, J ;) xx