Chapter 28 - Welcome home

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

Sophie's POV

"did you bring the medicine Dr. Avery gave you?" I asked Jay as soon as we walked into the flat, Nathan and max following us behind. "Yes, mom" he sighed making the two men behind us chuckle. I frowned and looked at him. "Sorry, but you're worrying way too much about me" he said. "I'm alright" he continued and I nodded. "Want something to eat?" I asked him. "Yes, please" Nathan said. "Excuse me, but is it your name Jay now?" I asked him with a fake angry look on my face. "Woah, someone's PMSing" Nathan said. "I was kidding idiot" I said smiling and he relaxed. "So? Would you like something to eat?" I asked again and they nodded. I went to my room and got changed into more comfy clothes and made my way back to the kitchen.

An hour later I had made some pasta for us already so I called the boys. We sat on the table and started eating right away. "So, when will you be able to keep working on the album with us?" Nathan asked Jay. "Uhm... The doctor said it would be better If I rest two more weeks here, and I talked to Nano and he said you were going to record your parts and then I'd record mine alone" Jay said and they nodded. After more chatting and eating, we finished and took the dishes to the kitchen.

"Don't, I'll do it, go with Jay" Max told me as soon as I was about to start washing the dishes. "Thanks" I said smiling. "no problem, you guys need some time for you" he said. I hugged him tight and he chuckled. "Go before I change my mind" he said and I quickly pulled away and walked out of the kitchen. When I got to the living room Nath was alone watching TV, so I made myself to our room.

When I walked in, Jay wasn't in sight. But before I got to the bed, Jay walked out of the bathroom. He smiled as soon as he saw me. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my face on his chest. He hugged me back and rested his chin on the top of my head, rocking both of our bodies side to side. I lifted my head and looked up. Jay leaned in and gave me a peck on the lips.

"What do you wanna do for your birthday?" He asked me, still with his arms around me. I looked at him confused. "I know it was two weeks ago, but I missed it and I wanna do something for you" he said. "Jay, you woke up that day, I think that was enough as a present, you don't even know how happy you made me with just that" I said and kissed him gently on the lips.

"Come on, you need some rest" I said holding his hand and taking him to our bed. We laid down and Cuddled. Soon enough I felt my eyelids getting heavier...

Jay's POV

I opened my eyes and saw Sophie asleep next to me. I turned around and took my phone, that was on the night table. I saw the time and sighed. 2:03am. I got out of bed slowly to not wake her up and walked out of the room. As I got closer to the kitchen, I heard someone talking and when I walked in, Nathan was there with his laptop on the kitchen counter.

"I don't know" he said. I frowned. Who was he talking to at this time. "But Nath! She told me she didn't do it" I know that voice. Heather. "But then Ashley told me she saw her, and then I asked her and she denied it, and then she told---" I kept walking to the fridge and ignored all the shit coming out of her mouth. I opened the fridge and took a beer can.

I sat in the table watching Nathan. You could tell he was tired. And I didn't blame him. His so called girlfriend was talking so much my head was starting to hurt. "So, what do you think, Nath?" She asked. "What?" Nathan asked her waking up from his thoughts. "You weren't listening? Ok, I said she told me she didn't do it, but then--" "I'm going to sleep Heather, I'll talk to you later, ok? It's late here and I'm tired" he said rubbing his eyes and yawning. A very fake yawn. Yes, it was late. But he said that just to get rid of her. That was very clear.

After some minutes of soaping goodbyes from Heather, Nathan closed his laptop and rested his head on the counter. "Could you tell me again why are you dating her?" I asked and he lifted his head and looked at me. "I don't even know anymore" he sighed. "I mean, she's a sweet girl and everything, bu--" "But she's not Jo--" "Don't mention her name, please" he cut me off. "Ok, but why don't you just break up with her?" I asked him. "I'll do it pretty soon" he said and I nodded before taking another sip of my beer.

"And may I ask what are you doing awake?" He asked me and I shrugged. "I couldn't sleep" I said. "Hey, I wanna do something nice for Sophie, since her birthday was a while ago and I missed it" I said. "She said I shouldn't do anything, cause I woke up that day and it was like a present for her?" I said almost asking. "Well, she was pretty depressed those weeks, and when you woke up she completely changed" he said and I smiled. "She wasn't sleeping too much, we practically had to shove food to her mouth, she tried to commit suicide, she was--" "wait what?" I asked and his eyes went wide opened. "Shit" he mumbled.

"What do you mean? She tried what?" I asked. "Shit, I shouldn't have said that, oh my God,,she's gonna kill me" he mumbled. "Nathan?" I called him with a sternly tone. "Do you remember the bandages she had the day you woke up?" He asked and I nodded. "The night before I brought her home so she could get some rest and well, I found her on the floor on your bathroom, crying with her wrist bleeding, she told me she should've died cause every person she loved died and you were in coma" he said. "Oh my God..." I said burying my face on my hands. "Thanks for taking care of her, Nath" I told him and he shook his head. "Don't worry, we all took very good care of her, we know how much you love her" he said and i nodded.

"Well, I think it would be nice if we call the others and ask them to come here and do a little celebration, don't you think?" I suggested. "Sure, something small would be nice" he said. "Well, I'm going to sleep, night mate" he said. "Night" I said and we both walked out of the kitchen and made ourselves to each of our rooms.

I laid back down on the bed and brought Sophie closer to me. I didn't even want to think what I would've done if Soph had died while I was in coma...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so so so so so sorry! Sorry for the VERY LONG wait! College has been taking all my time and inspiration! 😭 I'm gonna try to update as fast as I can from now on...

Well, thanks for all your support! Means a lot to me!

Love you, J 🌺