Chapter 21 - You have us

Jay's POV

"Soph? Babe? Wake up" I whispered in her ear while shaking her a bit. She opened her eyes slowly. "Whaa" she mumbled. "We're here" i said and she nodded before sitting straight on her seat waiting for our landing. After we landed, we got out of the plane, took our luggage and went outside to take a cab to our flat to take a shower and then we'd go to the hospital, since they needed Sophie to sign some stuff, in order to get her brother out of there. She told me she wanted to bury his body next to her mom's grave, so we decided to go to Nottingham and stay at my home.

We got to our flat and went straight to my room. "Go in there, I'll take the guests one" i said leading her to my bathroom. She closed the door after she walked in and I went to guest bathroom. After I got out, I walked through the hall and knocked on the door. "You can come in" i heard Sophie from the inside. I opened the door and she was with her pants on and only wearing her bras, on the floor looking for something. "What are you doing?" I asked her. "One of my earrings fell to the floor and I can't find it!" She said annoyed. "I'll help you" I said before walking towards her.

"OWW! OW! Motherfuck--- shit!" I yelled as soon as I felt the sharp object under my foot. "I'm pretty sure I found the fucking earring" I said still in pain. "Oh my God Jay! I'm so sorry" she said walking towards me. I gave her the earring and she put it on her ear. "Thanks" she said before giving me a peck on the lips.

After we finished getting ready, we headed to the front door and there was a cab already waiting for us. We put the suitcases on the back and went to the hospital. When the driver came to a stop, I could feel Sophie shaking a bit, I pulled her to my chest and hugged her, running my fingers through her hair. "Everything will be fine, Soph, it's ok" I whispered. She sat back straight, took a deep breath and opened the door to get out.

We walked into the big building and went to the desk on the front. "Hello, I'm Sophie Clark, my brother died yesterday and I have to sign some papers in other to get his body out of here" Sophie said and the secretary made a phone call and then she gave some papers to Sophie. "End of the hall, turn left" she said pointing at a hall. We both nodded before walking in the direction she told us. When we turn left there was a sign that read "morgue" and a woman on a desk to the side of the door. Sophie gulped and walked to the lady. "Hi, I'm Sophie Clark" she said. "Oh, you're Logan's sister" the lady replied and Sophie nodded. "Sorry for your loss" the lady told Sophie patting her shoulder. "Sign those papers, and we'll take care of the body, it'll be in Nottingham pretty soon" she said and Sophie signed them and gave the papers to her.

We walked out and got into the cab again. He took us to the train station. I held mine and Sophie's luggage and walked into the station. After we got the tickets, we got into the train and sat in our seats. Soon enough it started moving, like it was waiting for us or something.

Sophie's POV

The train came to a stop. We arrived. Jay held my hand and walked by my side. We got our luggage and walked outside. I saw jay's parents and his sister waiting for us. We walked towards them. "Oh Sophie, it's been such a long time, i'm so sorry to hear everything that's happened" Maureen told me while hugging me. I smiled a bit. She was like a second mom to me, before the thing that happened with Jay years ago.

I gave his dad and sister a hug and then we got into the car to go to their house. Soon enough I started feeling that familiar air. We were just blocks away from the street. All the houses looked the same. Especially Jay's. Nothing much has changed since the last time I was here. We got out of the car and I stopped walking as soon as I saw it. My old house. I felt a tear fighting to get out of my eye. I closed my eyelids and soon enough I felt the cold drop of water running down my cheek.

I felt a pair of arms going around my waist and a chin on the top of my head. "Let's go inside babe" Jay said and I nodded wiping the tears away. We walked to the house hand by hand. We had some dinner and then went straight to bed.

The next day I woke up with just one thought on my mind. Today was Logan's funeral. My little brother's funeral. I got out of bed and went straight to take a shower. After I walked back into the bedroom, Jay was sat on the bed rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Morning" I said not even smiling. The thought of my brother being buried today was running around my mind. "Morning" Jay said before giving me a quick peck on the cheek and going to take a shower.

I out on my underwear and a black dress. My hair straight on my back. I didn't make an effort to do my makeup, at the end it was going to be a mess. I put on some black flats and headed downstairs where Jay's family was. "Good morning" I said. "Sophie?" I heard someone calling me. I turned around and saw Tom, Jay's twin brother, walking into the kitchen. "Hi Tom" I said before hugging him. "Long time no see" he said and I nodded. "I can't believe he died" I heard Sean walking into the kitchen all dressed up. "I know" I sighed. "I remember all the things we used to do together". He said and I nodded fighting back my tears. They were the best friends in the world, until we had to leave. Sean seemed to notice I was almost crying cause he walked towards me and hugged me. "Sorry for saying that, i shouldn't--" "it's ok" I said cutting him off.

Jay came downstairs and we walked out of the house and got into two cars, since one wasn't going to be enough for us. We got to the cementery. This was it.

I saw as Jay, Tom, Sean and Luke, who arrived before us with his family, grabbed Logan's coffin and walked to the place where he was gonna be buried. When we got there, a priest started praying. We all said our goodbyes to Logan. I stood there while the others went back to the cars. Jay stood by my side all the time. I kept looking to both graves. My mom and Logan. "Come on, Soph, let's go home" Jay said and I nodded taking a last glance.

We got home and got some lunch. Later that night we went to bed. But I couldn't sleep. I was so annoyed, and it was 2am. Shit. I walked quietly downstairs and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. But while I was walking there, flashbacks were going around my mind. I couldn't take it anymore. I just sat on the kitchen floor crying. Why? Why my brother?

I felt a pair of arms around me and when I looked up I saw Jay's mom. "It's ok, sweetie" she said and I rest my head on her shoulder. "You'll always have us, ok? You're not alone" she said and I nodded giving her a hug. "Your mom must be very proud of you, i'm pretty sure she watches you from heaven every minute" she said and I smiled. "You're a very strong girl, you know?" She said and I shrugged. "Mom? Sophie?" I heard someone and when I looked to our right, Jay was there.

Jay's POV

I woke up at midnight and noticed Sophie wasn't next to me. I walked to the bathroom. Nothing. I saw the lights downstairs on, so I went downstairs to see if it was her. When I walked in, I saw my mom and Sophie on the floor hugging each other. "Mom? Sophie?" I asked them and they both looked up at me. "What's happening?" I asked as soon as I saw Sophie's puffy eyes. I went towards them and bent down. "I walked here and she was crying" mom said. "I'll leave you two alone" she said and I mouthed a 'thank you' to her. She smiled and walked upstairs.

I sat next to Sophie. I entwined my fingers with hers and she rested her head on my shoulder, still crying. I started singing 'Personal soldier' since she loved that song, and soon enough I felt her falling asleep. I picked her up bridal style, turn the lights off with one finger cautiously. And then I took her to my bedroom and laid her down on the bed. I went to my side and laid down next to her wrapping my arms around her. Maybe I should do something to her. Something to make her forget about everything that's happened, at least for one day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: DID YOU MISS ME? Hello there! FINALLY i updated! I'm so sorry for the long wait! But with college now i don't have too much time to write. I don't even get that inspired anymore. But here's a chapter, and I'm pretty sure I'll post another one tomorrow!

Well, keep voting! Leaving feedback!

I love you so freaking much, J ;) xx