Chapter 29 - Late But Safe

Jay's POV

I went back to the bed as soon as I finished calling the others to invite them tonight just to hang out a bit for Sophie's birthday. I laid down next to Sophie was again. She was still sleeping peacefully. Her chest going up and down slowly with every breath she took. I caught her wrist and even though it'd been already two weeks, you could still see a shade on her skin, showing her time of breakdown. I took her hand and placed a gentle kiss above the pink shade on her white skin.

She moved a bit before opening her beautiful green eyes, allowing a shy grin on her face. "Good morning" she whispered in a husky voice still sounding sleepy. "Hey" I said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear with my free hand. We stayed there looking at each other's eyes until I blurted out. "Please don't do it again". She looked at me confused and smiled before asking "what are you talking about?". I took her hand and placed it between us, I ran my thumb slowly touching her skin. I could see the smile on her face fading realizing what I meant.

She pulled away and got up, sitting on the edge of the bed looking away from me. I sighed and sat looking at her back. Seconds later she lowered her head and I saw as her body started shaking a bit. She was crying. I crawled to her and placed each of my leg on each side of her surrounding her waist with my arms and resting my head on her shoulder. She put her hand above mine and held it tight.

I buried my face on the crook of her neck. "Why?" I asked her. "I was afraid" she replied in a whisper. "Of what?" I asked. "Of losing you" she said looking down, playing with her fingers as if it was something interesting to do. As soon as I felt her hand leaving mine, I felt the cold air running down my skin. "Soph" I said interlacing my fingers with hers. "Nathan promised he wouldn't say a word" she muttered to herself. "He didn't want to tell me, it was a mistake, he didn't even notice he had said it until I questioned him about it" I said and she nodded.

"I'm sorry" she said closing her eyes letting a tear out of the corner of her eye. "Hey" I whispered before pulling away to kneel down in front of her. "There's no need to apologize, nothing happened to you, ok?" I said kissing her cheek. She nodded and opened her eyes. "But please promise me you won't do it again, not even think about it, I wouldn't have forgiven myself if something had happened to you" I said letting out some tears as the thought of being without her in my life came to my mind.

She shook her head fiercely before starting to talk. "I won't, it was a huge mistake, I know" she said before cupping my face with her hands and pressing her lips to mine. "I promise I'll never do it, I won't leave you" she whispered after we pulled away. Our foreheads together. I could feel her warm breath tingling my nose.

"Come on Birthday girl, you should start getting ready" I said standing on my feet and held her hand. "Birthday girl? Jay I told you I--" "no no, I wanna make my girlfriend's birthday very special and I'm gonna do that today" I said smiling. She sighed and smiled before picking up her towel and walking into the bathroom.

Sophie's POV

I stepped out of the shower and dried my body a bit before wrapping the towel around my body. When I walked into the room, Jay wasn't there. I let the towel fall on the cold floor, sliding down my body. I slid my panties up and clasp my bra. I looked around my clothes, looking for something to wear. I pulled some black jeans, black tank top, white coat and white heels to match it up.

Jay walked into the room smiling as I finished with my makeup. He held my hands and kissed me gently. "Beautiful as always" he whispered in my ear sending shivers all over my spine. If it was for me, I would've stayed and ripped Jay's clothes as soon as those words came out of his mouth. That was when I noticed he was wearing some sweatpants and nothing on the top.

"Wait" I said stoping in my tracks as I remembered something. "You're supposed to have some rest, the doctor said you couldn't go out for two weeks" I said and he sighed but right away nodded. "You're going out with Kels and Nareesha, just tell them what you want, I'll pay" he said and I shook my head. "Jay, I can't accept it" I said. "You will, now go and grab something for breakfast, they'll be here in 10 minutes" he said and I nodded. L

As Jay said, ten minutes later, Kelsey and Nareesha pulled outside our flat. I kissed Hay and walked out of the flat and got into the car just to be welcomed for these beautiful hair.

Hours later we got back to the flat. I walked into our room and saw Jay sat on the chair looking at something on his phone. As I closed the door and the sound of it surrounded the corners of the room, he lifted his head and smiled. "Hello" he said standing up and wrapping his arms around me before giving a kiss on the forehead. "So how did it go? Did you buy something?" He asked and I nodded.

Jay told me the boys were coming too. I started getting ready. I put on a lacy aqua blue dress and white sandals.

Soon enough, the boys were on the living room talking and drinking. As I walked into the big room they all turned to me and cheered. "Happy birthday" they all said together. I hugged them all one by one and one. The night went on, drinking, laughing, playing some karaoke game, talking.

"I'm gonna get something to drink" Jay said before standing up from the couch and I followed him right behind. "Thanks" I said and he looked at me confused. "Thanks for all the things you've done for me" I said and he shook his head placing a hand on my cheek. His soft touch warmed up my skin right away. "You deserve it" he said.

"You should be resting" I said and he sighed. "Jay" I said and he nodded. "Ok" he said before going to our room, not without saying his goodbye to his friends..

After the boys and the girls were gone, I saw everything on the kitchen nice. And clean. I turned all the lights off and made myself to our room.

After putting my pajamas on, i laid down next to Jay. He instantly wrapped his arms around my waist, my back pressed against his chest. He buried his face on the crook of my neck. "I love you, Soph" he whispered before leaving a soft kiss on my neck. Those words. The sexy tone on his low voice. I placed my hands above Jay's. "I love you, Jay"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: HELLO! Hope you like this chapter!

Love you, J ;) xx