Chapter three

Chapter three

The siblings arrived to dinner a bit late, having taken the scenic route to talk more. By the time they arrived, everyone was already seated, talking leisurely. Sinbad was at the head of the time, to his right his white haired assistant. On the king's left was an open seat, where Sharrkan told Amirah to sit as he took his own seat beside a blue haired woman.

Sitting down, Amirah saw Zaahira to the right of her, in deep conversation with Ja'far. Seeing Amirah, Zaahira paused and turn to her, "Hello, Princess."

"Hello. Sorry I'm late, Sharrkan and I were talking."

"That's fine," Sinbad assured, turning the princess' attention to him. "We still have a few minutes before dinner is served, would you like me to introduce you to everyone?"

Amirah smiled, "Yes, if you would."

Sinbad nodded and raised his glass, tapping on it with his fork. The gathered generals quickly quieted. "Alright, everyone. I'd like to introduce you to our very special guests, Princess Amirah of Heliohapt and her assistant, Zaahira of Reim." He then began introducing the generals at the far end of the table- Hinnahoho of Imuchakk and Drakon of Partevia, who oddly resembled a dragon. Next was Pisti of Artemyra- a blonde haired girl with dark eyes-, and a quiet redhead named Spartos, who was from Sasan.

Beside Sharrkan sat Yamraiha, the blue haired magician. Lastly, Ja'far and Masrur -a pink haired Fanalis- were introduced sitting closest to Sinbad.

Just as the introductions were concluded, several servants entered with trays upon trays of food. Every dish Amirah could think of was present, as well as several she'd never seen before. She had no idea where to begin.

"Wow~" Zaahira marveled, "There's so much food here! Are you sure it's not too much though...?"

"You'd be surprised," Ja'far huffed. Zaahira giggled.

"So, Amriah," Pisti called a few seats down, leaning forward and resting her head on her hands, "what was Sharrkan like as a kid in Heliohapt?"

Amirah looked to Sharrkan, who was visibly uncomfortable with the question, worried she'd say something embarrassing. The princess turned to Pisti and shrugged, "He was like a normal kid, I suppose. He loved listening to me sing."

"Oooh, you can sing?" Pisit leaned forward more, growing more mischievously interested.

The princess blushed, "A bit..."

"A bit?!" Zaahira exclaimed. "You're amazing at singing, Princess!"

Amirah shook her head, embarrassed, yet flattered.

"Yeah, you're really good!" Sharrkan agreed. "Why don't you sing for us?"

"Yeah, sing!" Pisti chirped excitedly.

"Well..." Amirah looked down at her lap where her hands were folded. She thought for a moment before looking up to Sinbad, "If it's alright with you..."

"Of course, go ahead," Sinbad smiled reassuringly.

"Alright... I'm a bit out of practice, but I'll try," Amirah breathed in deeply. She was quiet at first, the generals stares making her nervous. She'd never sung in front of so many people before. But as she continued her tune -one she had wrote and sang for Sharrkan countless times as a child- she grew more confident, and her volume rose.

With her eyes closed, it almost felt like she was back there again, singing her little brother to sleep every night and keeping him safe.

The feeling must have rubbed off on the others as well, they all quickly became relaxed, completely captivated by the sound. Even the energetic Pisti was calm, lulled into silence by the princess' voice.