Chapter twenty

Chapter twenty

"Man, you beat me again, Aladdin!" Zaahira lowered her staff, resting her hands on her knees as she caught her breath. The blue haired boy stood a few feet away, smiling cheekily. Zaahira shook her head and looked up at him, "You really are a magi!"

"You're doing really good though, Miss Zaahira!" Aladdin grinned brightly.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," Zaahira agreed. She looked down at her staff; it was wooden, like Aladdin's, and had vines curved around it. It was fitting- seeing as though she was a type eight magician who specialized in Life Magic. That also meant she was more likely to be good at the fourth type of magic- Lightning Magic. She'd been practicing both with Aladdin and Yamraiha for the past couple days, and the magi had been beating her in every single magic battle they had.

"Say, Aladdin, I heard you're leaving Sindria in a few days, is it true?" Zaahira changed the subject.

Aladdin looked up, "Oh, yeah. Tomorrow, actually. I'm going to Magnostadt Academy to learn more about magic." His eyes brightened again- he was clearly excited.

"Magnostadt...?" Zaahira thought for a moment. "Oh, that's near Reim and Parthevia, isn't it?"

The magi nodded, "Yea. Have you ever been there?"

"No, I haven't been outside of Reim and Heliohapt until now."

"You should come to Magnostadt some time!" Aladdin beamed. "Or even with me!"

Zaahira laughed lightly, shaking her head. "No, I couldn't. I need to stay here with my princess..." She trailed off, noticing something else hidden within the magi's gaze. "...That's not the only reason you're leaving, is it, Aladdin?"

Aladdin's eyes widened, before quickly becoming dark. Smiling lightly, he nodded, "You're right. This country is amazing, but Sinbad's light is too strong here, I can't let myself be blinded by it..."

Zaahira watched him intently. She could tell the boy was carrying a huge weight on his shoulders- even if she couldn't say exactly what it was. She was silent for a few moments, before returning to her normal light-hearted self. She took a seat on a nearby bench, looking up at the sky, "I know what you mean, but I don't mind. I wouldn't mind if that light swallowed me whole, honestly."

Aladdin tilted his head, surprised.

Zaahira continued, not noticing him, "I can see myself dedicating the rest of my life to this country easily. Even if Princess Amirah doesn't want to stay -which I'm sure she does- I want to remain here. I love Sindria a lot." Her gaze lowered to Aladdin's, who watched her with curiosity.

The blonde laughed, "Maybe it's because Princess Amirah and I are a part of the Seven Seas Alliance, but that's just how I feel. I'd love to see the world like you, but I don't think adventuring like that is my style."

"I see..." Aladdin was quiet for a moment. Then he smiled lightly, "I'm glad I met you, Miss Zaahira. I hope we get to see each other again in the future!"

Zaahira returned the gesture, "I hope so too."

~

"Princess~!" Zaahira ran to the sparring area of the training grounds, knowing Amirah would be there somewhere with Sharrkan or Sinbad. She was excited to show the princess her magic staff, as she hadn't had the time to in the days prior. They were both so caught up in their training they barely had time to hang out and talk with each other.

The blonde slowed her pace as she spotted the princess training with Sinbad. Zaahira's eyes widened in awe as her eyes landed on Amirah's weapon equip. She squealed quietly and hid her staff carefully behind her back. It was just short enough that it didn't poke out at all behind her small frame. She was practically bouncing with excitement as she watched Amirah and Sinbad train. Neither had noticed her yet.

Zaahira's excitement quickly bled into embarrassment, blush dusting her cheeks as she watched the pair. There was a lot of touching involved, though mostly just Sinbad adjusting the princess' positioning. His hands over hers, guiding them to their correct place on her staff whenever she relaxed too much and they slid out of place. A hand on the small of her back, gently forcing her to stand straight. A poke in the shoulder from her to him when he teased her, which progressed into a playful shove. Cheeky remarks here and there paired with pouting and laughter.

After a while, Amirah happened to look in Zaahira's direction, her eyes widening as they landed on the blonde. "Zaahira! How long have you been there?"

"Princess, look!" Zaahira ran over, pulling her staff out from behind her back. "I haven't had the chance to show you my staff for magic yet!"

Amirah brightened, "It looks amazing!" She raised her own staff, showing it off, "Look at mine, they're almost similar!"

Zaahira marveled at the weapon, running her hand along the metal. "So have you figured out what magic you can use? I can use Life Magic!"

Amirah smiled, "As you would expect from a magician of Heliohapt... Antheia happens to use Sound Magic."

The blonde blushed lightly at her words. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she said, "That's so cool!"

The pair continued to chatter excitedly about their newfound powers, completely forgetting King Sinbad was even standing beside them, nor that their were other people in the training grounds.

Although Sinbad found it amusing to listen to them ramble on, he knew he had other work to do. If Ja'far caught him slacking on work again he knew he'd be dead, and no amount of power from a djinn could save him. "Amirah, hey, are you listening?" He tried to break through to the princess. Frowning when he didn't get a reply, he placed a hand on her shoulder and repeated himself, "Amriah?"

This caught Zaahira's attention more than Amirah's. The blonde's eyes flicked over to Sinbad, then back to Amirah. Grinning almost evilly she grabbed the princess by the wrist and dragged her off, leaving Sinbad confused and Amirah gasping in shock.

"Hey, Zaahira? Wait!" The king contemplated going after them, but quickly sided against it. Shaking his head and letting out a light chuckle, Sinbad headed back to his office.

~

Author's Note-

Ayy if you guys want a really good Magi fanfic to read you should definitely go read 'Dead Scrolls of the Sea' by larrythelobster321 ;) 10/10 would recommend 

Hehe~