Chapter twenty five

Chapter twenty five

"So, you think you're ready to try your Extreme Magic?"

"Of course," Amirah instantly leapt to the challenge from King Sinbad, raising her fan.

The king smirked, sheathing his sword. Raising his right arm he said, "Come at me, then. Dwell within me, Focalor!"

"Dwell within me, Antheia!"

It had been several weeks since Amirah had spent the day out with Sinbad and had the dark feeling looming over her. Over the weeks the feeling only grew, developing into a voice that whispered dark things in her ears and laughed at her regularly. It wasn't long before Amirah had consulted Yamraiha about it.

After poking and prodding at the princess for a while, the blue haired mage managed to find traces of a foreign magic in Amirah's system. It was dark and evil- powered by blackened rukh of someone fallen into depravity. The exact effects of the magic was unknown, but it seemed to be a sort of Clairvoyance Magic that could be used to see through Amirah's eyes.

A moderately-complicated spell was all Yamraiha needed to quiet the magic, though she was unable to get rid of it completely without knowing who the original caster was.

Amirah was sure it was cast by the 'Mother' she'd heard so much about during her time being kidnapped. Everyone seemed to agree, but there was still no way to prove it or track her captors down.

So, until they were able to find a lead, Amirah continued to train her metal vessel with Sinbad, while Zaahira mastered her magic alongside Yamraiha.

"Are you ready?" Amirah asked Sinbad. Everyone who was watching had backed off, as none of them knew what her Extreme Magic would be.

"I am." Sinbad replied, prepared to counter her attack in whichever way necessary.

Amirah nodded and closed her eyes, searching deep within herself for the words she needed. Then she began to chant: "Spirit of Wisdom and Persistence...thou who wields the power to make great kings, bring forth the power to seize the body and judge the Earth's mind...!"

A large eight-pointed star formed behind the princess, glowing larger and brighter as she neared the end of her chant. When she was finished, Amirah pointed her malleable staff at Sinbad, waiting for a reaction.

Nothing happened.

Amirah frowned, "What? Nothing happened..." She shook her staff, hitting it against her opposite hand. She looked up at Sinbad, who also raised his head. "Should I try again or something?" She shifted her weight between her feet, confused when Sinbad didn't respond.

Ja'far, who was standing nearby, also grew concerned, "Sin?"

Suddenly, Sinbad groaned, his djinn equip vanishing. He held his head in his hands, seemingly trying to fend something off. When it didn't work, he accepted it, saying, "T-That's an...interesting Extreme Magic you've got there, Amirah."

Amirah took a step forward, surprised when Sinbad mirrored her. "Woah..." She raised her left hand, and he did the same. Eyes widening, Amirah asked, "Is this my Extreme Magic?!"

"Seems so," Sinbad managed to answer as Amirah tested out more movements, the king mirroring every one.

"Are you possessing him?!" Zaahira exclaimed, stepping forward.

"I-I think so.. I-I didn't mean to!" Amirah stammered, turning to the blonde.

Sinbad let out a strangled laugh, "It's fine. Let's see what else you can do."