Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen

"Look at this! It's perfect for you, Princess!" Zaahira ran up to Amirah with yet another revealing outfit that was 'perfect' for her. This time it was a light blue crop top with a long, flowing skirt that came with it.

Amirah shook her head, "No, no. That shows my stomach as well."

Zaahira sighed heavily. "Just try it, please? You can't stay in those robes forever!" It had been a few weeks since Amriah had suddenly appeared back in Sindria. She wasn't coping very well, but kept it all to herself, acting as cheery as ever.

"At least find something red," Amriah knew she needed new clothing, her favorite red dress long gone, but she was too stubborn to try anything new.

Zaahira pouted, giving the princess her best puppy-dog look. "Please try it!!" She drew out the 'e' in 'please' excessively.

Amirah frowned at the dress, "No." More pouting. "Zaahira..."

"New day a new you, right?" Zaahira tried with a smile. "After everything, something like a clean start and a change of clothes would be good!"

Sighing lightly, Amriah took the outfit from the blonde, "Fine, fine..." She turned and entered the dressing room, reluctantly changing into the soft fabrics. She looked herself over in a magic mirror on the wall before leaving the small room.

The jewelry the outfit came with was gold and blue, very similar to what she wore before. The top was short, ending about halfway down her abdomen- leaving her naval completely exposed. It had a very pretty dark to light blue gradient, and the front tied into a knot, which Amirah liked. As for the bottom half, it was a long light blue skirt with a dark blue piece draped over it, held in place by a dark blue sash tied around her waist. On her left bicep was a gold band similar to her old one, but this one was looped like a chain almost.

Her least favorite part of the outfit was the scarred skin it exposed, particularly on her stomach. The large gash was pretty much healed now, a large scar in its wake. Not only did Amirah hate her navel showing, but she found herself covering the mark as well.

Just as she went to push aside the curtain-like door and leave the changing room, Amirah heard a new set of voices. "Hello, Zaahira. Ja'far and I came to make sure you two were finding your way alright... Where is the princess?" It was Sinbad. Amirah closed her eyes tightly; now she really didn't want to leave.

"Oh, she's changing!" Zaahira chirped in reply. "I finally got her to change into something besides the robes!" She turned to the curtain door. "Are you done changing yet, Princess?"

"...No..." Amirah lied, knowing she'd see through it.

Zaahira knew she was embarrassed. "Can I see at least?"

"Yes," Amirah took a step back to let the blonde in. She kept her arms wrapped around her stomach, awaiting her assistant's reply.

Zaahira instantly gasped, "It's so pretty! You have to show King Sinbad and Ja'far!" She quickly grew excited, trying to usher the princess from the small room.

Amirah felt like she was at war with herself. She'd never been so self conscious before, and being so resistant wasn't very princess-like. Her feelings told her she didn't want to leave, but her rank and the expectations that were placed on her told her she had to agree and be how she usually is- quiet and obedient. But before she could think her answer over more, Zaahira succeeded in pushing her out of the room, Amirah nearly falling as she stumbled in front of Sinbad and Ja'far.

"Wow," Sinbad marveled, smiling, "you look great, Princess."

Ja'far smiled as well, "Blue suits you well."

"See?" Zaahira grinned, hands on the princess' shoulders, eyes as bright as her smile as she rested her head on one of Amirah's shoulders.

Amirah turned her head away from Zaahira's, "Yes, yes, I see..." She glanced at the males, muttering, "Thank you..."

"Where's Akido, by the way?" Ja'far asked, the snake nowhere to be seen on either of the girls.

Amirah turned to Zaahira with wide eyes, "You were watching him, weren't you?"

"I thought you were watching him!" Zaahira panicked, the girls running around the shop in search of the lost reptile. After a few minutes of fruitless searching, Ja'far grew worried, joining them in their hunt while Sinbad seemed to get a kick out of their franticness.

"E-Excuse me, Princess Amirah..." Everyone paused as the store clerk stepped out from behind his counter. "I-Is this your snake by chance?" Akido had wrapped himself tightly around the man's arm, slowly making his way up to the man's neck.

Gasping, Amirah ran over to the man, apologizing several times as she coaxed the reptile off of him. It didn't take much, once Akido noticed she was there he stopped constricting, slithering onto her arm easily. "What were you thinking, Akido?!" Amirah hissed at him quietly. He didn't reply, of course, instead snuggling into her arm more.

"At least he's safe now..." Zaahira sighed heavily, leaning her hands on her knees. Once she caught her breath a few moments later, she grinned evilly, "The dress is comfortable, isn't it, Princess Amirah?"

Amirah opened her mouth to speak, closing it and frowning. It was very comfortable. She could run and move as she pleased, without being weighed down by the fabric. This was especially good being in Sindria; the cloth wouldn't make her overheated even in Sindria's hot weather. Crossing her arms -lightly as so not to disturb Akido- Amirah pouted, "I guess so..."

Zaahira laughed, fisting the air in victory, "I knew it! You like it! Good! I'll buy it for you, then!" She pulled out a handful of gold coins, giving them to the clerk who stood nearby, rubbing his now-red arm.

"Thank you. I hope you're satisfied with your purchase." The man smiled kindly, eyes closing briefly.

"Where did you get the gold?" Amirah asked, purposely changing the subject.

"I've been taking jobs around the kingdom since I got back," Zaahira explained happily.

Ja'far sighed lightly, "We offered to pay for her expenses, but she refused." More quietly, he added, "I'm kind of glad... With Sin's tab the way it is we almost can't afford to pay for more..."

Amirah watched as Zaahira bathed in her victory further, Sinbad and Ja'far rather amused as the blonde left the shop, skipping down the street. The princess followed behind at a normal pace beside Sinbad, while Ja'far was a bit ahead, worried Zaahira would trample someone in her one-woman parade.

As they walked, Sinbad made idle conversation -at least idle according to Amirah-, "That outfit does look very beautiful on you, Princess."

Sighing lightly, Amirah replied, "It wouldn't be a day in your presence without your flirting, would it?"

Smirking, Sinbad replied, "I could say the same of your clever remarks, couldn't I?"

Amirah smiled, looking forward, "You could indeed."

~

Author's Note-

ok first, this is what Amirah's new outfit looks like more or less:

I can't remember if I at least linked what she looked like before but whatever this is what she looks like now xD