Chapter four

Chapter four

"Are you ready, Zaahira?" The princess asked her assistant, her anxiety growing by the second. They were already on the small island, the large marble dungeon looming over them.

"Of course, let's go!" Zaahira answered excitedly, pulling Amriah towards the dungeon's entrance.

"D-Don't be rash!" Amirah exclaimed in panic, pulling her hand away. "We need to be careful, we have no idea what's in there," She added less harshly.

"Right, sorry..." Zaahira backed off awkwardly, calming herself. "What's our strategy, then? It's not like we have any weapons or training."

"We did jump into this a bit blind..." Amirah agreed. She turned her head and frowned, remembering how easily Sinbad agreed. Did he assume we knew what we were doing...? Geez... "I guess we'll just have to see what it's like when we're in there."

"We can't leave once we enter, though... Not until we complete the dungeon." Zaahira reminded, her own anxiety growing.

"I know..." Amirah breathed deeply. She turned to Zaahira, "Ready?"

"Let's do this." Zaahira looked back, nodding determinedly.

~

Everything was dark. Zaahira was nowhere to be seen. Amirah looked around. She seemed to be floating.

Off in the far distance, there seemed to be a glowing, planet-like object. Tall pillars of light came from it, seeming to stretch on infinitely.

A female's voice huffed in amusement.

Amirah tried to search for the speaker, but darkness surrounded her completely, confusing her of her direction. Up, down, left, right; Amirah couldn't tell the difference between them.

"You have a very interesting fate, girl. Good luck." The voice was powerful and mysterious, yet she sounded sincere in her wishing of Amirah luck.

"Who are you?" Amirah called, her voice seeming to fall into the darkness, traveling nowhere. "Show yourself."

"-mirah, Princess Amirah, wake up." Before Amirah could say more, the distant world vanished along with the darkness, and she opened her eyes.

"Zaahira...?" The white haired princess sat up slowly.

"Did you see that weird thing too?" Zaahira asked, scooting backwards some.

"You mean the planet? Yes I did."

"It was really weird," Zaahira stood, "I was here waiting for you for a while and I found-"

"Wait, you were in here alone?!" Amirah quickly stood. "Are you alright?"

Zaahira laughed, raising her hands, "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about me, Princess. Are you alright, though? You took a while to get here."

"I'm fine," Amirah assured. "What did you find while you were waiting?"

"Oh, right!" Zaahira said, getting back on topic. "I didn't find anything super interesting, besides this huge mountain."

"A mountain? Inside of a tower? How does that make any sense?" Amirah wondered, looking around.

"I don't know either, but we should check it out," Zaahira suggested.

"We need to find the treasury room... Maybe it's on top of the mountain?" The pair began walking, Zaahira leading the way.

"Yeah, probably," The blonde stopped walking, "Here we are!"

Before them stood a large, open, room. In the middle of said room sat a gigantic mountain, something far too large to logically fit in the tower they had entered. In the area surrounding, a grassy plain resided, mountain goats and other creatures eating the greens leisurely. Meanwhile, a calm waterfall flowed from somewhere on top of the mountain, turning into a river that passed right by the two females looking at the scenery in awe.

"It's beautiful..." Amirah admired.

"So you like my garden, do you?" A female voice echoed around the room. "Unlike another djinn I know..." She muttered bitterly. (A/N: *cough* Zagan *cough cough*)

Zaahira jumped at the sound, "Is that the djinn?!"

Amirah searched the area for the voice's owner, "Antheia, is that you?" The voice seemed to match the one the princess had heard when she entered as well.

"Correct," The djinn answered.

"The djinn is talking to us?" Zaahira glanced around, "Where is she, then?"

"I'm in my treasury room, atop the mountain," Antheia spoke. "If you wish to become a king- or queen, in your case- you'll have to come up here yourselves."

"How are we supposed to climb that high?!" Zaahira exclaimed.

"You'll figure it out,' You could hear the smile in the djinn's voice, "Good luck, you'll need it."

Amirah sighed, "I guess climbing up is our only option, then?"

"I guess," Zaahira shared the same resentment towards their next task. "Antheia sounded amused, didn't she? What's she planning? Everything looks so peaceful here..."

"I think amused is her default..." Amirah muttered, then added more clearly, "She must have something in store."

"These animals are so cute, though!" Zaahira crouched down to pat a baby goat's head. The small animal nuzzled into her hand and the blonde smiled, "See, he's harmle- ow!" Zaahira gasped and pulled back as the baby goat chomped down on her hand forcefully.

"Zaahira! Are you alright?!" Amiah took a step towards the younger female.

Zaahira clutched her hand to her chest, looking at the baby goat in shock, "And I thought you were innocent! What a little-!" She cut herself off and growled. The baby goat 'baa'ed and pranced away.

A few moments later the young goat reappeared, this time followed by a flock of adult goats. At least a hundred of them, all seemingly boiling with anger. The girls panicked.

"What do we do?!"

"Run?" Amirah offered with a nervous shrug. She quickly scanned the area with unfocused eyes, struggling to find a safe spot. "Wait, up there! A cave!" Her eyes landed on a cave placed not too high up on the mountain's side.

Zaahira followed her gaze, the goats closing in. "Alright, whatever, let's just go!"

"On my count..." Amirah spoke slowly. "One, two... Three! Go!"

~