Chapter twenty two

Chapter twenty two

Several weeks later, Amirah was in the palace training grounds with Sinbad, working on her full djinn equip more. Weeks of rigorous training had proven superb results.

Amirah could activate her weapon equip just by calling Antheia's name- as opposed to needing to sing every time she activated it. She learned how to focus her energy into different parts of the staff, allowing her to control how quickly her staff vibrated and where. Amirah could even turn it off entirely and use other abilities. For example, she could shoot sound waves at her target that affected them differently depending on the tone of her voice.

If she sang in a loud, sharp, tone, they learned she could raise enemies heart rates and cause their blood pressure to rise to dangerous levels, or make her target go partially deaf. On the other hand, if she sang in a smooth, calming, tone she could put her target to sleep with ease, or slow their breathing to dangerous levels that could deprive them of oxygen.

She had learn both tricks the hard way: by testing them out on King Sinbad. When Amirah had accidently put him to sleep she had panicked, her worries only growing worse when Zaahira's healing magic couldn't help him. Luckily, he woke up just twenty minutes later.

After that, everyone collectively agreed to keep Yamraiha and Ja'far on watch during their training- just in case.

During regular weapon training with Sharrkan, Amirah learned yet another trick. Similar to Sharrkan's shape-shifting sword, Amirah could change the shape of the end of her staff. From a sharp spear to an axe- the possibilities were nearly endless. The downside was using the ability took a considerable amount of magoi, and paired with her vocal abilities she could lose all of her energy in mere minutes.

Even weeks later, Amirah was still struggling to grow her magoi quantity in order to use her abilities with ease. Sometimes she wondered if her djinn would have been more suited to another King's Candidate with a larger quantity of magoi- like Sinbad.

The king quickly shot her doubts down, going as far as telling her she was ready to attempt a full-body equip.

"No way I'm ready for that!" Amirah shook her head, taking a few steps away from the king.

"Sure you are!" Sinbad encouraged with a smile.

Zaahira cheered her on from the sidelines, "Go ahead, Princess!! We wanna see!"

Seeing Zaahira and the generals that were present smiling and encouraging her was all Amirah needed to decide she was ready. Raising her fan, she searched deep within for the way to activate her djinn equip.

"...You're prepared already? I'm surprised." The familiar voice of Antheia echoed in her head.

Antheia, lend me your strength.

"Sure. You should know what to say."

"Spirit of Wisdom and Persistence, in the name of my magoi and my will to grant me a greater power, I order you and your members, come forth, Antheia!" A bright light washed over the princess, transforming her body completely.

Her hair became black, grey ram horns sprouting from the sides of her head. On her biceps were golden bands, and lower on her forearms were the same golden gauntlets as in her weapon equip. Her top was a deep purple lined in gold, and exposed her entire midriff. Matching dark purple robes acted as a short skirt around her waist, and she had white sandals similar to her normal everyday ones. The only difference in her facial features was a sort of third eye in purple on her forehead.

What amazed the princess the most was the appearance of a few extra limbs; a second set of arms right under her main set. The second pair of arms also had golden bands on her biceps, as well as another set around her wrists. Connecting the bands was more purple fabric, acting as a sort of half-sleeve that only covered the back of her arms.