Chapter eight

Chapter eight

"A'ight, we're here," Lee strolled over to Amirah, iron door closing behind him. He began undoing the chains holding her, while another masked person looked on behind him.

"Shouldn't we cover her eyes or something?" They suggested. They sounded male, and nervous. Maybe he was new?

"Nah, she won't know where we are anyway." Lee shrugged. He pulled the knife out of Amirah's arm and hid it in his robes. Amirah made sure to note where he placed it. Then, he uncuffed her arms and caught her as she fell.

At the same time, Amirah grabbed the blade from his sleeve and stabbed him in the shoulder. Lee yelled in pain, jumping back, while Amirah ran.

"Stop her!" Lee shouted to his partner.

The nervous male grabbed Amirah as she ran past, swiftly hitting a pressure point and whispering a rushed, 'Sorry' as he caught her.

The only thing Amirah could see were his deep, green, eyes. Like an emerald, or a dark forest. Amirah felt lost in them for a moment before she blacked out.

~

Amirah woke to the nervous male cuffing her arms and legs to a different set of chains against a wall. He smelled like saltwater and sand. It reminded Amirah of Sindria. She slowly opened her eyes, meeting his emerald ones. That sent must mean they're by an ocean, right?

"Where are we?" Amirah asked, her voice dry and cracking.

"I can't tell you that, sorry." The male finished cuffing her and backed away.

"We're by an ocean, aren't we?" The male froze. "We must have traveled a long time, right?" Amirah continued. Her body ached and her throat burned. "About as long as the time between Sindria and Heliohapt... So we're far from Sindria, maybe even farther than Reim. But not too far..."

"H-How do you know all that?" He panicked. "How do you know we're that far out?! Who told you?!"

"No one, I guessed," Amirah admitted. "Thank you for confirming my assumptions." She smirked weakly.

"Oh...no, I..." The male's eyes widened.

"Oi, Al, you have her restrained yet?" Lee pulled open the barred cell door and walked in. "Oh, you do. Good, good."

"L-Lee!" Al jumped and turned to face the other masked man. "S-She knows where we are! Almost exactly!"

"What?! Did you tell her?!" Lee exclaimed and marched over to Amirah, "Where are we, then?"

"I don't know, really..." Amirah spoke. "On an island near the Dark Continent, probably."

Lee glared back at Al, "How much did you tell her, Al?!"

"N-Nothing, I swear!" Al tried. "She tricked me!"

"You idiot! Go tell mother what you've done!" Lee yelled.

"M-Mother?" Al echoed, his eyes widening in fear. "But-but Lee..."

"And get Anne to switch jobs with you, you're not prepared for this yet."

"But....I can't..."

"Go." Lee pointed at the door.

"A-Alright..." Al sighed and trudged from the cell.

Mother? Amirah wondered. The woman who'd helped capture her before had mentioned a female with authority as well. And could the woman who caught her be this 'Anne'? "Who is this 'mother' you mentioned?" Amirah asked Lee.

"You," Lee growled, pointing at her, "need to learn your place, and when to shut the fuck up." He stopped closer, pulling out his dagger. "Now, want to answer more questions for me?"

~

"C'mon! You've gotta know more than that about Sindira!" Lee yelled, digging his blade deeper into Amirah's leg.

"I don't! I really don't!" Amirah squirmed as tears rolled down her cheeks. By now it had to have been days since the other male -Al- had switched 'jobs' with 'Anne'.

"Tell me! What do you know about Sindria's barriers?" Lee continued to press.

"Lee, why don't you stop for now," A female's voice spoke from outside the cell. "We need to talk." Amirah was in too much pain to clearly see who it was.

"This is important," Lee replied, not flattering at all in his carving into Amirah. At this point it was more for his own amusement than answers. Amirah could barely concentrate on their conversation. "Why don't you just say it here, Anne?"

"What if she hears?" Her voice almost sounded familiar.

"She's so out of it she's not even screaming. We're safe."

Anne sighed, "Fine." She pulled open the rusting iron gate and entered the cell. "What's this about Al switching jobs with me? You know Mother wouldn't approve."

"I told him to tell Mother too. Not my fault if he didn't." Lee raised his blade again.

Anne grabbed the knife, "He's not trained enough to be a scout. You know that."

"He's not trained enough to be in here, either!"

"He could get himself killed out there!"

"Not my problem."

"He's our brother, Lee!" Anne exclaimed, throwing the blade across the room.

"Hey, I need that," Lee gestured to where the knife laid by the cell door, not at all moved by Anne's words.

Anne looked to the cement floor, "I'm sick of all this... All the-the fake name, fave everything, the...the scouting and just-"

"Don't let Mother hear you say that." Lee spoke flatly.

"But Lee, seriously, do you even know who this girl is?" Anne looked Amirah's pitiful condition over.

"She's a Heliohapt princess," Lee informed. "You'd think she'd know something, right? Nope! She's never left fucking Heliohapt her whole life!"

"Then why is she still here? Shouldn't we move on to someone more important?"

"She is important. She was capturing a dungeon she was set to by Sinbad before we got her," Lee spoke. "Sinbad himself might come for her."

"This is stupid, Lee." Anne shook her head. "We need to get our family back. Ever since those masked weirdos spoke to mom..."

"Shut up, I think she's waking up," Lee hissed. "Get me my knife." Amirah began squirming again.

"Why don't you and I switch jobs, Lee," Anne's voice hardened.

"What? No! You're not cut out for this."

"Who cares. Go. Take a break." She held his gaze until he eventually caved, sighing and muttering, "Fine..." Then he left the cell.

~