Chapter thirty five

Chapter thirty five

The king of Sindria was crouched behind a large shipment of fruit, peering through the gaps in the crates at Princess Amirah and Prince Alex as they prepared to go swimming in the ocean near the docks.

Sinbad knew what he was doing was shameful and -Solomon forbid- if he got caught he'd never live it down, but he needed to know what Amirah and Alex were doing. The frown he wore deepened as he watched Alex stammer and blush while talking to Amirah, clearly distracted by the bright pink swimsuit she wore. Of course Sinbad enjoyed the view as well, but it was a view he felt no one but himself should see.

Pushing his thoughts aside, Sinbad watched as Amirah and Alex set up the magic tools from Askal before jumping into the water, 'Cayden' keeping watch on the docks.

"Aah! It's cold!" Amirah gasped, wrapping her arms around herself while laughing as she floated in the water. Alex came up from underwater beside her and splashed the princess, nearly making her drop the magic tool she held in her mouth.

Laughing, the prince asked, "Are you ready to try diving? I bet there's tons of cool fish around here!"

"As long as we don't run into a Southern Sea Monster, it should be fun," Amirah agreed, smiling.

Sinbad stopped eavesdropping, sighing and pouting unjustifiably. Amirah was clearly having just as much fun with Alex as she did with him. Despite how he tried to deny it, Sinbad couldn't help but think...could Amirah actually like Alex?-

"Sin! Have you seen Zaahira?!" Ja'far's urgent tone jolted Sinbad from his thoughts. Before the king even had time to answer the general or attempt to explain why he was hiding behind fruit crates, Ja'far continued: "This morning Zaahira found an old tracking spell Yamraiha had abandoned working on and she wanted to use it to track Princess Amirah's captors by the spell they placed on her-"

"Wait, isn't that a good thing?" Sinbad interrupted, standing from his hiding spot.

"No," Ja'far shook his head, "Yamraiha said the spell is incomplete. It could harm both Princess Amirah and Zaahira if Zaahira tries to cast it."

"Did Yamraiha tell Zaahira that?"

"She did, but Yamraiha told me Zaahira took the scroll to 'study' it," Ja'far told, clearly very worried. "Knowing Zaahira, she's going to try to cast it. We need to find her."

Casting a final glance back at Alex and Amirah -who were still messing about in the water, oblivious to the situation- Sinbad turned back to Ja'far, "Let's go, then."

~

Zaahira's left hand shook as she tried to hold her staff steady, her right hand unable to do much to help the situation. Magic pulsed around the room, mainly concentrated on the enchanted scroll in the middle of the bedroom beside Amirah's hairbrush Zaahira had stolen as Amirah's DNA without actually having the princess around.

A bolt of magic shot through Zaahira's staff and up her arms in the form of black lightning. A maniacal laugh rang in the blonde's ears as she stumbled backwards, lightning crackling around the room.

Despite how much it hurt, Zaahira stepped forward, pressing harder on her staff, willing the rukh around her to listen and supply her with more magoi. She knew she was pushing her body past its limits, but she didn't care. Just a little more power, please!

Did you really think you, a puny magician, could tamper with my magic without me noticing? The voice -female- laughed evilly, dark rukh pulsing around the room in large numbers.

Zaahira's staff fell from her hands and she crumbled to her knees before ultimately collapsing to the wood floor. Her body convulsed and she curled into a ball, watching with a weak gaze as the golden rukh around her struggled against the magic that threatened to dye them black.

~

Ja'far reached for the doorknob to Zaahira's room, prepared to barge in on the blonde and scold her for doing things behind their backs when Yamraiha beat him to it, rushing into the room with her wand at the ready.

The magician gasped at the scene before her, "Zaahira!" She raised her wand, calling back to Sinbad and Ja'far, "Stand back!" The room was still crackling with black lightning, dark rukh pulsing around Zaahira in such great numbers even Ja'far and Sinbad could see them from the doorway of the bedroom. The magic Yamraiha cast seemed to drive most of the dark energy off, yet some still remained.

Ah, a proper magician comes to save the day. Too bad it's too late. For both this one and the princess~

The trio stiffened at the female's voice searching for it's owner. Ja'far rushed forward, checking on Zaahira while Yamraiha focused on healing her with her magic. "Is she alright?" Ja'far asked worriedly.

Yamraiha shook her head, she wasn't sure. "This is the same magic we've seen cast by members of Al-Thamen several times. It forces the rukh of who it was cast on to fall into depravity. I've halted the magic for now, but it won't last long." The magician turned to the doorway, where King Sinbad still stood. "If Zaahira is this bad, there's no telling what's happened to Princess Amirah. I had suppressed the spell on Princess Amirah, but now that seal is broken. You need to find her, King Sinbad."

~

Author's Note-

Sorry it ends on a slight cliff hanger~ heh. 

You know, although I'm already writing three stories, I've already come up with yet another Magi fanfic idea and I've already written like 2k words for it. Plus some I wrote on paper and haven't typed yet so like two-ish chapters. And I still have another idea that I'll actually put more thought into wayyy later. I need to finish this and Fate/Magi first xD 

But besides that~ thank you everyone for reading/voting/commenting this fic is already almost at 7k! That's insane! :D