Chapter twenty one

Chapter twenty one

Zaahira stopped running as the pair entered a more isolated area of the training grounds. She let go of Amirah's hand, twirling around to give her a wide grin.

"What's so amusing?" Amirah asked with a raised brow. "And why did you drag me here so suddenly?"

Zaahira smiled menacingly, "So remember when we first got here and you told me that if you ever fell for King Sinbad that I should stop you?"

Amirah glanced around, shuffling her feet, "Yes...?"

"Well~" Zaahira raised her staff, pointing it at Amriah. Her intentions weren't ill, of course, she was merely playing. It still worried the princess, who raised her hands and shook her head:

"I-It's not like that at all!"

"Really? 'Cause to me it looks like you really like him."

"I don't! I-"

"Ooh~ Does Amirah have a boyfriend already~?" She was cut off as Sharrkan overheard their talk and strolled over. "Don't I have to approve or something first?"

Amirah blushed, insisting, "I don't like King Sinbad like that, okay?!"

Sharrkan's jaw dropped, "You like King Sinbad?!"

"She does!" Zaahira chirped.

"No I don't!" Zaahira giggled and continued to tease her, Sharrkan joining in. "H-Hey what about you and Yamraiha, Sharrkan?! You're in love with her, aren't you?" Two -or three- could play at that game.

Sharrkan froze mid-sentence, a blush creeping onto his cheeks and dusting the tips of his ears. "W-What are you talking about? Of course I don't like that idiot!"

Zaahira looked between the siblings as they argued. She opened her mouth to speak but was cut off as Amirah's attention snapped back to her:

"And you! You and Ja'far are rather chummy, right?!" Amirah rambled on, her hands clasped against her chest as she called the pair out. After a while, Zaahira and Sharrkan got over their embarrassment and gave each other a look- bursting into laughter. Amirah's rant stuttered to a halt, "Why are you laughing?!"

Sharrkan sobered some, answering: "It's just-" He laughed some more. Although it wasn't in a mocking manner anymore, more so happiness.

"You're never like this, Princess," Zaahira spoke for him, smiling warmly.

"Yeah," Sharrkan nodded, finding his composure. "Back in Heliohapt you were so serious all the time. It was like you didn't have emotions." Amirah frowned.

Zaahira continued, "Even when we first got here you were like that. Now, you've changed a lot. I mean look at your clothes!"

Amirah subcutaneously covered her stomach, muttering, "I'm not that different..."

"Sure you are!" Sharrkan spoke, "I don't think I've ever heard you mutter before now."

The princess thought it over. Thinking back, she did recall being as they described. Unhappy and bored, she focused her energy on her studies, to the point where she had mastered them all. She'd never been forced to act in a certain way, but instead had applied her 'how to act as a princess' rules to herself. They were practically engraved into her coding now, but it seemed the files were growing outdated.

A thoughtful, genuine, smile spread across Amirah's lips. "I suppose you're right." She was silent for a moment. She had made a decision. "Not to ruin the mood, but... I want to explain everything to both of you."