Chapter six

Chapter six

"You've made it to my summit, hmm?" Antheia's voice echoed around the clearing on top of the large mountain.

"I did it!" Amirah panted and searched for a place to put Zaahira down. The trek up the mountain had been long and painful for the both of them, with little places to stop and rest.

The princess placed Zaahira down beside a display with a golden mask in it. Around them were several more cases full of golden objects, and twice as many random piles of golden treasures. But Amirah didn't care about any of it.. Instead she began worriedly looking over Zaahira's wound.

The dark purple was moving alarmingly quick up the blonde's arm. Zaahira shivered as if she was caught in a snowstorm, yet sweating like she was sitting in a sauna at the same time.

Amirah was scared for her friend, and angry at herself for letting her get hurt in the first place. Without any other way to deal with her anger, she took it out on the djinn floating before her. "Antheia! I've made it to your treasury, no whelp my friend. She was bit by one of your beasts and is very ill. I don't care about the riches here, or your power anymore. Just help her."

Antheia watched Amirah thoughtfully. She was large and blue, like any other djinn, and her hair was dark blue. Hey eyes matched her hair, and her ears were pointed. On the sides of her head there were curled, white, horns like that of a ram.

For her wardrobe, the djinn wore a u-shaped top that barely covered her chest, while her skirt was a simple cloth that just covered her front and back, attacked by a thin cloth on the sides. Her legs and skirt faded into a blur of blue, typical of a djinn. Lastly, her wrists bared golden gauntlets and in her hand she held a log, wooden, sheppard's cane.

Antheia turned her attention to Zaahira, who was getting worse by the second. Turning back to the princess, she smiled at what she saw, "You really care about your friend, don't you?"

"I do," Amirah nodded, growing impatient.

"I can see who you really are, Amirah. I admire your willingness to give up the power you desire to save your dear friend."

"The power would be useless with nothing to protect."

"I understand. I will help your dear friend, and lend you my power as well." Antheia raised a hand, and almost instantly Zaahira stopped shivering. The purple bruise began to receed, and she slowly came to her senses.

Looking around wearily, Zaahira asked, "Where am I...? Princess Amirah?"

"Zaahira!" Amirah sighed in relief, her anger fading as she dropped to her knees and hugged the girl tightly.

"Are we...at the top of the mountain? You made it?" Zaahira was still trying to grasp the situation, weakly hugging the princess back.

"Yes, I made it," Amirah nodded, smiling.

"So, Princess Amirah, are you ready to receive the power of kings?" Antheia asked, breaking the two from their moment.

Amirah took a deep breath and stood, turning to face the female djinn, "Yes. I'm ready."

"Good," The djinn smiled, "I look forward to seeing what you have to offer." Antheia nodded politely to the princess then changed form. She 'flew' to Amirah in a glowing, spirit-like appearance, going into the space between Amirah's dress and her shawl.

"My fan?" Amirah looked down as the glow disappeared. She pulled the golden fan out to see an eight pointed djinn symbol appear on the handle.

"Woah! That's really cool!" Zaahira marveled, looking over the princess's shoulder at the new metal vessel.