Chapter Seven: Finny

The sun beat down on me as I pulled weeds from the Masters large garden. I wiped my brow with a small white cloth and smiled. Talking with Kaylien had put me in a good mood. She was so beautiful; a bright wonderful smile and hair like the sun’s rays. I started humming a random tune and a small bird landed on my shoulder. “Ah, hello birdie,” the small animal chirped and hopped onto my wrist. “What do you think about her, she’s beautiful right?” It turned its head. “Well I think she’s absolutely amazing, I can’t wait to talk to her again!”

I threw my arms up and scared the poor creature away. “Oh I’m sorry!” I yelled as it vanished into the sky, just thinking about her makes me happy. I fell onto my back and stared at the fluffy clouds. I wonder what she thinks about me, I have to find out when I see her again. “Why are you laying around here Finny?” I sat up and saw Sebastian glaring at me, one of the weeds I’d pulled was wrapped around his index finger. “I’m so sorry Sebastian,” He grabbed my hand and pressed the weed into my palm. “You’re supposed to be pulling weeds not the Masters roses.” I gasped, “No I didn’t mean to Sebastian I’ll fix it I promise!” “Keep your mind focused on work and things like this won’t happen.” I nodded, “yes sir.” He walked away without another word. I hurried to try and re-plant the poor roses. Oh I hope the Master doesn’t get mad at me, I need to try harder. A scratching noise came from my left; I looked and saw Pluto digging up even more of the Masters roses!

“No Pluto!” I dropped everything to try and stop him. He barked and started to run away; a mixture of plants, soil and one of my trowels in his mouth. I chased after him, “hey give that back, I need it!” I yelled, but he continued to run. “Pluto this isn’t a game!” I finally managed calm him down and pry the plants and trowel from his mouth. I patted his head, “you’re going to get me into more trouble if you keep this up.” He looked at me, barked cheerfully and ran off.

I looked up at the large manor. I love working here with Bard, Mey-Rin and Sebastian even if he does scare me. I noticed Kaylien in one of the windows; she was looking at something below her. I started jumping up and down and waving. “Kaylien, Kaylien, Kaylien!” She looked out at me, smiled and waved. My heart melted; I smiled back. That’s when I noticed the dark figure approaching her, I squinted my eyes. Sebastian! He was looking at me, grinning; and placed a hand on Kayliens shoulder.  She didn’t seem to notice. I quickly ran back to re plant the roses.

____________________________________________________________________

A short chapter I know, but things are going to start picking up in the next few chapters! Love you guys!