Chapter twenty one: Sebastian

I led the three of us down the river, toward this so called Sacred Bridge. I bandaged the Young Masters wounds; not like it matters, checkmate is approaching. What I don’t understand though, why would he bring Kaylien? I sighed; at least she’s safe here with me and not lying out in the street somewhere. I licked my lips, as soon as I rip his soul from his body I will make you mine, Kaylien.

“What on earth is that?” Kaylien shrieked. She and the Young Master were staring at the moaning faces coming out of the bridge.

“Human sacrifices, believers are more beastly than demons.” I stepped out of the small boat, “you two stay here.”

“Like Hell I’m staying here!” I turned and saw Kaylien and Ciel glaring at me.

“I’m coming with you,” he growled.

“Me too,” Kaylien said softly.

I sighed; this will be worth it in the end. I put on a fake smile, “you will have a front row seat.” I picked up Ciel and started climbing the ladder, Kaylien right behind us. Ash was standing at the top of the bridge, marveling his work. I set Ciel down, “a front row seat Young Maser; stay with him Kaylien.” She nodded.

“You killed the Queen didn’t you?” Ciel shouted at the angel.

He turned his attention to us and smirked, “it was her fault for losing sight of the future.”

“Orders sir?” I refused to take my eyes off of Ash.

He tossed away his eye patch, knowing this is the end. “Kill the angel.”

“Yes, my lord.” I attacked Ash with everything I could do in this form; the stupid being dodged every single one of my attacks and wouldn’t shut up about his so called pure future. It’s going to take more to kill this trash.  

I noticed some kind of strange black fog surrounding me, what is this? I thought as it tied me down.

Ash laughed and ran at me, slicing his sword up my left arm, cutting it off. “Damn.” I muttered.

“Sebastian!” Ciel and Kaylien yelled at the same time.

I felt the black fog start to recede and I was finally able to break free.

“Bloody reapers, it’s time to end this.” Ash whistled in an attempt to call his precious demon hound. I chuckled when he realized the dog had been killed.

He balled his hands into fists, “Pluto…”

I smirked, “I’m afraid this battle is between you and me.”

“Unclean beast!” He yelled and directed a barrage of feathers at Ciel and Kaylien.

“Young Master, Kaylien!” I shielded both of them; all the feathers striking me in the back. I looked down at the two scared humans. “Young Master, Kaylien I need you to close your eyes.”

“Why?” Ciel asked. Kaylien just stared up at me; wide eyed.

“I don’t want to damage your impression of me, until I give the word, please close them.”

They both nodded and shut their eyes.

I stood up and grinned at the angel, “now then, you will be able to see me in my true form.”

I stepped toward him; both the feeling of finally changing into my true form and being able to kill an angel felt wonderful. “It’s unsightly, disgusting, repulsive, but it is my true form.”

Ash’s confident smile was quickly replaced with a look of terror. “F…filthy monster!” He stuttered.

The bridge started to bend and crack beneath us, Ciel screamed and I knew he was dangling from the edge. Why didn’t I hear Kaylien; why can’t I feel her presence? I shook thoughts about her out of my mind; I’ll care for her after this battle is over. “Can you last long enough for me to count down from ten?”

“Yes!” Ciel shouted.

Why didn’t I hear Kaylien? Again, I pushed thoughts about her out of my mind; something still didn’t feel right.

“Ten…Nine…Eight…” Ash screamed as I lunged for him. “Seven…Six…” I ripped one of his wings off; his pained scream was my absolute pleasure. “Five…”

“Filthy! Filthy! Filthy!” He managed to choke out through the blood pouring from his mouth.

“Four…Three…Two…” I ripped the second wing from his back; this fight is over.

“One!” I shouted, delivering the final blow; killing the angel.

Now, I can take what’s mine, I thought as I once again, took the form of a loyal butler. I walked over to where Ciel was hanging onto the edge and stared down at him, but where is Kaylien? I knew something wasn’t right. “It’s over now Young Master.”

Ciel looked up at me and smiled, “she left,” he whispered before letting go of the edge.