Chapter twenty: Kaylien

“Stop Pluto; please!” I shouted at the dog spewing fire onto London. “Don’t you have any more tranquilizers?” I shouted at Bard.

“They aren’t working; what else can we do?” He loaded two more and shot Pluto; nothing.

I looked at all the destruction around us; buildings burning and collapsing, people dying. This can’t be happening; this isn’t the Pluto I know.

“Young Master!” I heard Bard and Finny shout.

I turned and saw him standing with Mey-Rin.

“Pluto,” he whispered.

“Mey-Rin, why did you bring the Young Master here?” Bard yelled.

“I told her to,” he answered.

“We’re almost out of tranquilizers; I don’t know what we’re going to do after that.” Bard said, returning his attention to Pluto.

 “You have real bullets don’t you?”

Finny approached him, “we can’t shoot Pluto; he’s just as much a member of the manor as…”

“Look into his eyes Finny; the Pluto you know is gone! I order you; Bard, Mey-Rin, Finny, kill him! Kaylien, you’re coming with me.”

I nodded and followed after him to an abandoned horse. He climbed on and reached his hand out to me, “get on.” I climbed on and wrapped my arms around his waist; silently crying when I heard gunshots ring out and Plutos howling stopped.

The horse started running and I tightened my grip around him, “where are we going?”

He didn’t answer; he just kept staring ahead.

I tried to block out the chaos going on around me. Fire crackling around us; leaving a path of destruction. People screaming and crying; begging for help. So many bodies lying around us; burning away.

“Ignore it, we’re almost there,” Ciel said in monotone.

I wanted to punch him; doesn’t he care that people around him are dying? Mothers, fathers and children all are being taken away by this nightmare. I opened my mouth to say something when the horse slid to a stop.

“We’re here,” he slid off the horses back.

I jumped down after him, but where exactly is here? He’d taken us to a massive building; almost like a… Then it hit me; this building is the Queens palace.

“What are we doing here?”

He ignored me and started talking to one of the guards.

“I am Earl Ciel Phantomhive, the Queens guard dog…” The guard didn’t move; speak or even blink.

“What is happening?” I whispered.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me past the guards into the palace. He broke into a sprint; dragging me with him.

“Let go, that hurts!”

He ignored me and threw a door open that I assumed was the Queens room. A small child was lying on the bed; dead.

“Is that…”

“The Queen,” he said shocked.

 “Murderer!” A woman screamed behind us.

“Dammit!”

“Intruder; intruder!” Voices of the guards came to life.

“Once again, my wrist was grabbed and I was pulled out of the room. We did our best to avoid being caught, but ended up surrounded by armed guards.

“Murderer,” one of the guards growled and prepared to shoot.

“She was dead when I found her,” he smirked.

You’re not helping our situation, I thought.

“You can’t talk your way out of this; you betrayed her; you so called guard dog!”

“You’re right, there’s no point in talking.”

Stop talking before we get shot! I mentally cursed him.

Too late, a bullet flew past me and struck Ciel; he collapsed to the ground.   

 Blood started pooling around his body. “Are you crazy; why did you do that?” I shouted.

They pointed their guns at me, “we’ll shoot you too wench!”

“I…I won’t end here!”

I looked down at the struggling noble and realized he’d removed his eye patch, exposing the same mark he’d showed me after we’d caught Jack the Ripper.

“Fire!” The guards shouted; gunshots rang out.

I squeezed my eyes shut, but nothing hit me.

I cracked one eye open, “Sebastian!” Bullets were between each one of his fingers; he looked at me and smirked.

He turned his attention to Ciel, “you’re right, you won’t end here.” He threw the bullets back at the guards; each one falling dead. “I apologize for my unauthorized leave.” He helped Ciel to his feet.

“What the Hell were you doing?” He growled.

He smirked, “just preparing for the last supper.”

“What do we do now?” I asked.

They stared at me, “we end this.”