Chapter Twelve: Finny

Time skip
_________________________________________________________________________

I can’t believe it has been a year since Kaylien first arrived. I love having her here, she’s so nice; not to mention incredibly beautiful. Every day she comes out here to keep me company and sometimes helps me take care of the plants and Pluto. “Hi Finny,” her voice called from behind. I turned and saw her waving and running toward me; a big grin spread across her face. She practically jumped into my arms, almost knocking me to the ground. She pulled away, “sorry.”

I stared at her in awe; she was wearing a white dress that rested mid-thigh. She had curled her now short hair; blonde ringlets fell across her shoulders framing her face perfectly. She cocked her head to the side and stared at me with big beautiful green eyes. “You ok Finny? You’re staring at me funny.” I looked away embarrassed and felt blush warm my cheeks. “Yea I’m ok,” I looked back at her; she held a concerned look that was quickly replaced with a smile.

“Wonderful! Anything I can help you with today?” She was staring directly into my eyes. “I’m just picking some herbs for the Young Master; you can help if you want.” She squealed and plopped down on the grass next to the basket I had half filled with herbs. I sat down next to her and began showing her what to pick, what not to pick and explained what each herb is used for. She picked up on everything quickly and was able to keep up with me.

I watched her intently as she filled the basket; her hands and the bottom of her dress already covered in dirt. I had wanted to ask her for so long, but was afraid she would get mad or not want to talk; I swallowed the lump in my throat. “Kaylien…can I ask a question? You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to,” she stopped and stared at me.

“Of course, ask away!” I nervously tugged at my shirt, “I was just wondering how you got here. The Young Master had mentioned bits and pieces, but never fully explained anything. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” She smiled and grabbed my arm, my cheeks automatically grew hot. “It’s not the happiest story in the world, but I’ll tell you if you really want to know.”  Pluto picked the worst possible time to interrupt; he barked loudly and pounced on top of Kaylien almost crushing her beneath his paws.

“Kaylien!” I yelled; Pluto was slobbering all over. “Get off her,” I pulled him away; he whined as I helped Kaylien to her feet. “You ruined my dress Pluto!” She scolded the dog; he gave her an apologetic look. She hugged the creatures neck, “I can’t be mad at you you’re too adorable!” His tail smacked the ground repeatedly causing the area around us to shake. Kaylien pulled away from him; patches of sheading hair clinging to her body.

“This is gross; I’m goanna go clean up, but I’ll see you later ok!” She waved and hurried back to the manor. I sighed; it was nice while it lasted. A huge shadow approached from behind; I whipped around and saw Sebastian. He was smiling, but it was threatening. Shivers ran through my body, “S…Sebastian is there something you needed?”

“I advise you stay away from Kaylien, if you know what’s good for you. Stick to your job,” his dark smile was unchanged. “Why should I? She’s my friend and I like spending time with her.” I regretted saying those words the second they left my mouth. Sebastian glared at me, “don’t question me ever again do as you’re instructed; and we won’t have a problem.” He walked away without another word. In that instant a piece of me died.   

_____________________________________________________________

Hey guys sorry I haven't been updating a lot I accidently got this chapter and the one coming after this one mixed up. I hope you like it even though it's rushed tell me what you think! And I know the girl in the picture is Namine from Kingdom Hearts but her outfit and hair length is pretty much what Kaylien looks like currently. Except I changed the eye color Hope you like it!