Chapter 5-Dents,Balloons and help

Vanessa's POV

"Hey! I hope you weren't liking you hair!"Vincent says running up behind me and rubbing a ballon on the side of my head. He runs away before I can get him. I let out a gasp and scream. He is going to get it! Not now but sometimes tonight when will least expect it! During the party.

We are having a party to celebrate all the signs together and everything so we are setting up. Now though I have to go comb through my hair. This took an hour to do so I am definitely getting revenge on him. Everyone knows you don't mess with someones hair with a ballon. It is just a mental rule because know not to cross. Well not everyone. "Tanner do you mind helping me get him back later?"I ask and Tanner thinks about it.

"Sure! I mean he did ruin my sneaker last night with his cologne,"He says placing the cups on the table.

Crystal laughs. "Yeah like he will be awake. This guy falls asleep with the littlest down time!"She informs me.

"Well I don't know what it would be yet. If I need any of you I will ask,"I tell Crystal and she smiles and nods.

"I am up for it! Woman power!"She chants and I nod hanging a steamer. Tess pipes up and takes a water off the counter and spins into the seat.

"I heard woman power! I am for it!"She smiles stretching back. I smile and pump my fist in the air while hammering in the tac. It is loud. Loud enough to make Clayton cover his ears! Note that he has headphones on. I look at the hammer and then the tac. Uh oh. That isn't supposed to happen. The tac breaks off and falls to the floor. I look at the wall behind it and my eyes widen in fear.

"You okay Vanessa?"Tanner asks suspiciously and I bite my lip nervously. Is it obvious? I mean could I just lie? I mean it isn't like we walk on walls and ceilings! I guess I could tell them at least if I wanted to.

"I might have broke the tac. Turns out you don't need a hammer for a tac! For your future guys,never use a hammer unless you absolutely need to. Or you might end up with a dent on the wall,a broken tac,and a ripped streamer,"I tell them and Tess laughs.

"Too much Power Vanessa! To much power!"She laughs coughing and trying not to choke on her water.

"Yeah. I know. I mean....it isn't like people come here often,right?"I ask shrugging tilting my head at it. "I mean can you guys see it?"I ask trying to see if it is noticeable or not.

"I can't. Then again last time I went to the doctors they told me I needed glasses,"Crystal tells me and I step down from the step ladder and look.

"Eh. Whatever. I don't think anyone will notice,"I say placing down the hammer. I hear some crunching of ships and look over to the party table.
"Samuel! Luke! Those are for the party! Get back to blowing up balloons!"I shout at them and Samuel slowly finishes up the chip in his hand. "Where did Vincent go?"I ask a little frustrated. I feel like Tanner, Crystal,  and I are the only ones actually trying! Where is everyone?

"I don't know. I saw him go outside after rubbing you with that balloon! He probably ditched to go play some football with Austin or something," Luke tells me and Samuel laughs.

"I will be back! I am going to go see if anybody else wants to try to help us set up,"I tell the people near me and Tanner nods. I leave the room and run outside looking around for people.

I look ahead and see Vincent and Sonya looking at something suspicious in the tiny pond,Austin and Gianna throwing some rocks in the pond,and then Autumn sitting reading on a bench. Autumn seems like the best choice for right now. I walk up to her slowly so I don't come across as too strong or too desperate for help.

"Hey do you want to help set up for the party? People are ditching on us or being lazy,"I offer her to join. It is actually more of a beg but I want it to sound more like an offer or a casual suggestion. She shrugs and smiles.

"Yeah I guess. I mean this book is extremely boring,I was just reading it to get away from annoying people,"She says standing up and brushing a leaf of her shorts.

We head into the house. Maybe I should recruit one or two more people because we will never get anything done it I don't ask more people. "I am just going to ask a few more people, do you know anybody else who might help?"I question Autumn as we walk upstairs to the bedrooms. She shrugs.

"We could ask Gavin and Lindsey. I know Lindsey was just listening to music and Gavin was bored to death past time I checked,"She laughs and I nod at her and we head towards the air girls room. Ariel and Lindsey sit there looking at a magazine and pointing at things. They look up at us as we enter. Ariel smiles at us.

"Hey what's up?"She asks standing up and walking over to her phone and unplugging it. I guess I will propose the question since it was my idea.

"I was wondering if Lindsey wanted to help us set up for the party tonight but now that I know you are both here,can you both help?"I ask. Lindsey and Ariel exchange a look and shrug.

"Sure,"Lindsey says shutting the magazine and tossing it on to her best stand. She stands up and stretches. We don't need Gavin then.

Like Tess and I said before. Girl Power!