Chapter 36-This cave is as dark as night

Gavin's POV

I think I see the light. No seriously, I think I can finally make out my surroundings. I can make out the outline of my hand, the wall behind me, and the rocky ground beneath me.  I think I can see my shoe lace too! It is so dark that my pupils are having a hard time adjusting to the lighting.

I have no idea where the others are. I barley know where I am. I think I am in a cave, but you can never be too sure. I mean I was sure we were gonna have a feast when we got back. Then I thought we were gonna continue on our mission and try to finish it up. Maybe this is part of the mission. Mrs.Astro you got us! You can bring us home if you want to now!

I mean the whole situation is a little weird. One second we were finding fruit and celebrating the next second they were on the floor and men took us. This was the first welcoming of humans since we have been here. This is not what I thought it would be like. I mean I would think we are alone. I guess not because if we were I wouldn't be in a pitch black cave!

So about three hours ago we were escorted here by people in red cloaks. They had black masks and gruff voices. They reminded me of my old uncle Chick who smoked his whole life. He is not a happy guy and he is honestly the miserable one of my family. Well I guess they are my "family". However biologically I was never in there family to begin with.

When they took us through the forest It was really shady. We couldn't talk, if we started to walk slowly or stop they would slap us, and if we made eye contact they shouted some words in a different language. I don't know what they meant but from the context they used it in, I don't think they were nice words. At least not kid show worthy words.

My leg is starting to go numb so I think they tied us up too and the rope it starting to cut into my skin. It is not a pleasant feeling and soon I might not be able to feel either of my feet. I want to use my powers but my mind is thinking so rapidly my powers would go out of control. I don't want to chance anything because I might cause more problems than I started with. That would not be a good thing.

I do the unthinkable and the stupid thing. "HELLO!"I scream. "Anyone!"I shout again. Like I said, this might be stupid, but it also may help. It might also help me become a corpse though.

I get no answer. Something tells me I will be pinned against this wall for a while. The worst part-I might die here. I mean if someone doesn't find me soon I will die without water. The fear hasn't hit me yet, but it will if someone doesn't hear me soon.

I give it one more try. "Anyone! Please! I will love you forever!"I shout sounding really desperate. Bad choice of words? Nah, this person might save my life if there is someone here.

"Shut up!"I hear and I jump. I actually wasn't expecting a response I was just hope that I would somehow get one. I didn't think it would be abrupt.

"Wait! Are you real?"I suspicion.

"Gavin be quiet!"I hear a hushed whisper. I look around and try to seek where the voice just came from.

"Who is there?"I question.

"Crystal! Now be quiet before they come back and you get yourself into trouble!"The voice that I now know belongs to Crystal replies to me.

"Oh okay. Where are the others? Wait! Where are you?"I ask as quietly as possible without being too loud.

"Above you. I don't know, I think they tried to spread us out. If you look closely there is someone else on the other side of the wall,"Crystal tells me and I look above. On a little ledge I see a dark figure against the wall.

"I think I see you,"I confirm.

"Well I can see you clearly,"Crystal informs me and I look up again.

"Well your eyes must really be adjusted to the lighting in here,"I say shocked and amazed. I can usually see pretty well, but this is just terrible. I can only make out shadowy outlines.

"Well they didn't have to drug me,"Crystal suddenly says.

"What?"I ask confused.

"They drugged some of you because you couldn't stop resisting and you kept talking. Instead of slapping you, they drugged you. I think it made you forget everything that happened ten minutes prior,"She explains what she knows and her theory. Is that why my vision is extremely blurry right now?

"Does that have to do with my b-

"Be quiet!"She lectures me.

"Hey! I know I ask a lot of questions and talk a lot but I think tha-

"No I mean shut up because people are coming!"Crystal explains.

"Oh well you-

"Shhh they're coming!"She quietly me and I shut my mouth.  How did she know? Is her listening power working right now? Is she able to use her powers. I mean mind reading won't help me cut these ropes of my legs. So I don't see why I should use my power. I haven't mastered it yet either though. I still hear the wrong
thoughts. Well, the wrong person.

"You check the others! I will check these three!"I hear a voice demand and I hear a door shut. A old wooden door though. Does this cave have rooms or something. Maybe like I said earlier, I am not in a cave, but something else that gives me the same vibe. I don't like the vibe.

I see a figure approach our area and I watch as he climbs up a tiny ladder to where Crystal is. I hear some mumbled talking but I can't make out any words. He must be making the small, evil sinister remarks.

A few minutes later he comes down to me and a water bottle is shoved into my mouth. "Ah! You're awake! Glad to see you could make it!"He laughs.

At least I am getting some water. You always have to look at the positives right? Not in this situation? Okay.

"Make sure you drink! You have a lot I plan on doing with you guys tomorrow. Lots of work!"He says and walks off. I didn't dare to respond.

Whatever he has planned, it can't be good.