Chapter 45-That growling sound is nice

Lyla's POV

"Are we taking anything?"I pop my head out of the bottom of my bed. My shoes tend to hide under here.

"Clothes on your body, Paige and Shor said they would get the other stuff,"Autumn says digging through her purse to find some gum.

"I am bringing headphones. People are animals,"Shelby notes and I nod.

"Your phone too?"I ask.

"No! Are you kidding me! I found our that Mrs.Astro puts chips in them!"Autumn reminds me.

"Oh...right,"I agree and shove my phone in the draw next to my bed.

If we weren't doing this, we would be leaving tomorrow to go "home" and suffer. Instead, we are going to-who the heck knows land. I never get informed on anything here.

"What about an iPod?"I question letting my body sink into my cozy bed.

"When it dies you will regret ever bringing it. It is just one more thing you are going to have to worry about loosing,"Shelby informs me.

"True,"I nod at her logic. "I am lazy so that is a good point!"

"So you have no idea where we are going?"Shelby pipes up.

"Nope,"I reply.

"You're funny! I don't pay attention to that stuff,"Autumn laughs.

"Are we using the buss because that seems like a stupid idea,"I ask.

"I think they decided to go on feet. Somewhere close where they wouldn't think of looking,"Shelby answers.

"Probably somewhere near the school, which I barley ever got a chance to learn in,"Autumn says adding a single laugh. That is true. With all those mission we never really went to school. "Good thing because that girl had a thing for Gavin,"She adds through gritted teeth.

Now it is my turn to chuckle. "If he had some girl repellent, he would have used it,"I tell her.

"Probably true,"She nods and stands up. "I am hungry,"She declares.

She exits and makes her way downstairs. For once, I am not hungry. I think I am too worried to worry about my stomach's needs. I really hope this works for us. If not, we can kiss everything we have goodbye.

It as if Shelby is now a mind ready like Gianna and Gavin. "I hope this works,"She sighs and I sigh too.

"Me too, me too,"I nod sitting up.

"We are one big firework when put together, I think it will work. We just have to stick by each other this time,"Shelby points out and I smile. "That's what Samuel said to me."

"That is true for sure,"I agree.

There is a knock on the door and it makes me jump up for a second.

"I have brownies!"I hear a male voice call and Shelby rushes to the door and opens it within seconds.

When someone is lazy, just yell what they like. It should do the trick.

"Autumn missed out,"I joke. Actually, I am not really joking. Brownies are the bomb in my opinion. Shelby laughs as she opens the door.

"She really did,"Shelby nods letting Gavin enter. Oh she really did miss out. He hands me a brownie as Shelby takes one wait-two for herself.

He looks around the room and looks back towards us after examining it.

"Where's my precious season,"He frowns, which makes me choke on my brownie. These brownies are so good though. They don't deserve me.