Chapter 8-Slip splash....and bash

Lyla's POV

They all look like they were all just on the sun. They are sweating like crazy. "Do we have the same mission?"I ask and Mrs.Astro shakes her head.

"Not completely. We have to leave now though,we were running late. It isn't a legit mission.....just some training,"She says and she snaps her fingers. We follow her out while the rest drink water and try to recover.

We enter a bus and get situated. In a second I feel like I was transported to a fairy tale or something. We are floating in the sky. Excuse me! What is going on! Am I on drugs or something. I feel like I am in one of my dreams or something! We are going really fast and everyone else on the bus is wearing the same look I am right now. We are all so amazed and confused. I hold onto my seat as we start heading up. Is this happening?

"What is going on?"Lindsey asks turning to me and I shrug.

"I don't know but in a weird way I am liking it. It makes me feel like I am dreaming,"I tell her and she nods agreeing with my thought.

"If you haven't grabbed onto something yet I suggest you do it now as we will start heading straight up,"Mrs.Astro informs us and Lindsey grabs onto her seat and I keep hold of my seat. I feel like I am on a ride. Good thing I didn't eat a big breakfast!

We start to go up and my stomach starts to turn in knots as well go faster. This really does feel like a roller coaster! Even the feelings inside your stomach make you feel like it! After five minutes of that we finally stop going up and slow down. Looks like we are getting closer to our destination. All is water. Is that a good thing? Is our training/mission on water? I am okay with water,not great but okay. If it was easy stuff I wouldn't mind but judging on the other group whatever we do it will not be easy. We will be worked out to our full potential. I don't know if I am ready for that,I am not quite prepared.

After one more minute of slowly moving we come to a complete stop and we start to un click our seat belts and move around a little bit. That was actually fun and I enjoyed it!

"I had to much breakfast!"Patrick announces and we all wear horrified faces as he starts barfing on Ariel's shoes making her turn away quickly in disgust. "Sorry Ariel,"He says. Mrs.Astro quickly grabs some paper towels and they start to clean up the mess. This must happen a lot so she always has a spare case of paper towels.

"It's okay,"She tells him still a little grossed out but she packs him on the back. She cleans up her shoes and ends up taking them off because they just smell to much like vomit.

"Can I go barefoot?"She asks raising an eyebrow and smirking. We watch as Mrs.Astro has a thinking look on her face. She sighs and then nods.

"Yeah I guess. This will be in the water so it shouldn't be that bad,just be careful!"She tells Ariel and she nods.

We all exit the bus. Can I even call that bus anymore? Okay,we exit the ride and we don't even realize that we are standing a huge red raft. I look around really taking in the area around us. There is water and then down a little further is some sand. There looks like there might be some rocks on the ocean floor though so Ariel should be careful.

"Okay so your first activity for training is pretty simple. You will swim across the water and if you touch the bottom you will be shocked. This may look like a real ocean but it isn't. It has all the characteristics of a real ocean though so you should still be careful. It is only six feet deep.If you get shocked you will sit out for the rest of that activity. Whoever lasts the longest doesn't have to do the next activity which is a lot harder. Take your time,you will loose energy if you go to fast,you are doing this multiple times,"She announces.

We get in our stances getting ready to dive in. I guess we are getting all our clothes wet! Good thing I only wore a tank top and some loos shorts. She blows the whistle and we all jump or dive in. This is going to feel longer than it is,isn't it? It usually seems that way for these sorts of things.

After taking my time I make it to the other side. It looks like two have already touched the bottom and they have been escorted to the side. Aden and Collin. Aden looks pissed,it must have been an accident not an act of getting tired. Mrs.Astro claps and she gives us a moment to catch our breathe before blowing the whistle one more time. We again dive in and this time I try to save my energy even more. This is going to get extremely tiring. After taking my time I get to the other side without getting shocked. This time three have gotten out. Tess,Shelby and Patrick. We clap for them as they walk over to the side and join the others.

Okay now I am starting to get really tired. She gives us a moments and some blows her whistle. There is a second where I have a mini heart attack and I think I almost touched the bottom but I recovered and stopped freaking out before I touched. When I reach the other side I see that there are only three others left now. Those are Vincent,Shor,and Ariel are still standing next to me.

She blows her whistle once again and I dive in this time not caring if I get out. I made it far enough,I don't want to go crazy over the first training exercise. I want to be able to participate in the others ones. I end up making it though and this time and Shor is now out. She blows the whistle another time but this time I give in and I can't stand the pain anymore in my legs and arms. I touch the bottom and a tiny shock goes through my body. They clap for me and I go meet up with the others.

She blows the whistle hopefully for her last time for now sending them both off and they both dive in. They are half way across when Vincent touches the ground and we hear the shock. "Keep going Ariel to get the next one off you have to finish!"She tells her and Ariel swims to the end. She taps a button on her locket that makes a buzzing sound. "We have our winner! Ariel. I guess no shoes paid off!"She tells her and she smiles getting out of the water.

"There is a huge reason you won but I will explain that after all training for today. It is staring to get darker so we are going to have to move on to the other activities that involve less light,"Mrs.Astro announces and to us and tells Ariel the first part.

"Okay now for round two!

This is going to be a long night.