Chapter 28-No breaks, that is just our fate

Shelby's POV

"What does it say?"I say after the awkward two minutes of silence.

"Well....looks like we ha-can you guess? Another mission!"Callie says in a fake enthused voice. We all look at each other and we all have the same kind of thoughts right now. Mrs.Astro is about to get our wraths. She better watch herself because we are furious.

"Mrs.Artro! Where is the little bi-

Callie cuts Luke off and gives him a small smile. "As you all know I have a letter in my hands. What you don't know, is what it says. Before you rampage, you should hear it all. It might make you angrier, but let's know our mission before we attack it,"She suggests trying to calm us all down for a second.

"Okay, proceed,"Crystal nods. Even she is out of her skin for this! She is usually pretty calm and is the one to sit back to take it all in. 

"Dear zods-

"This letter isn't for us. We aren't zods,"Shor interrupts.

Callie sighs. "Unfortunately Shor, I think they are. I think she is using zods because it is referring to the word zodiac. I rather be called that then astros, we would basically be her minions. At the same time, I would like to be informed as teens or something. This is definitely for us though,"Callie nods and Shor and the rest of us sigh after we get our hopes up. I just want to hear this letter!

She said the missions will just get harder and harder, that is not a good thing to tell us. A lot of us are lazy and hate these things. I don't mind the sound of going on a mission. What I do mind though, is what we end up doing on these pathetic missions.

"No more interruptions! Callie continue!"Paige says impatient. You know it is getting bad when Paige start screaming at us.

"Dear zods,

This is it! This is your time! You are on your own for this one! Well, not completely! You have each other and I have left you some important tools for this mission. If you thought the past was hard, get ready for the future. The tools will be located in the bus outside, which is programed to take you to your destination.  When you read this, immediately get on with your mission. This one is important and not just about lessons and knowledge. If you put this letter off there will be extreme consequences and you will never see a pool, school, or tool again! Any information you need will most likely be assisted by the tools and the bus. Good luck!

                                                                    Mrs.Astro."

Callie finished reading and we just sit there for a second taking it all in. This lady has some serious problems and I don't know we will ever be able to help her. Does she want us all to die? Probably.

"How rude! She didn't even put sincerely or anything like that!" Gavin says shaking his head which makes a few of us laugh.

"You sure it is for us?"Clayton questions. Wow he is talking now too. We all look at him and sigh, he knows, we know, this is legit. This is for us and we are about to move on from stupid missions.

"Yes, she signed it with her name and we are the only other ones who live in this house,"Vincent pips in and we all let out loud sighs.

"We better get moving or we will face extreme consequences,"Aden  says and all head out to the bus. "Wait! Get a paper bag!"Aden says and Patrick nods and runs into the kitchen. Yeah we do not need another pair of shoes destroyed by vomit and bodily functions. Patrick comes back and then we all head out.

We should all get used to these surprise "missions" by now. They are going to happen so often that they aren't even going to be "surprise" missions anymore. I get in the bus and take a seat next to Ariel and Autumn. Lyla, Gianna, and Lindsey sit across from us with an empty seat in the middle. Tess sits behind us with Callie and Collin. Then Paige, Sonya and Shor sits behind Ariel and them. Patrick is no where near us. These rides are always interesting.

"So what are asks tools?"Samuel asks as he walks on the bus.

"I would like to believe that those tools are these bad boys!"Tanner wiggles his eyebrows as he holds up a map and a stick with a camera attached to it. Is that so we can take group photos?

"A map and a...selfie stick?"Patrick tilts his head and we all shrug.

"This is actually a weather meter,"Vanessa says as Callie observes it and nods. Callie then takes the map and looks at it.

"I see a lot of water,"Logan points on and Callie nods.

"It is better than a desert!"I call out and everybody nods.

"Nah I want to fight some scorpions!"Luke nods.

"I want these missions to stop, not happening,"Samuel snaps.

"You can just fight Shor and Sonya!"Vincent laughs. We all start laughing but Sonya and Shor don't find it that funny.

"Haha very funny,"Sonya nods slowly and glaring at Vincent. It is harmless joking. I mean we all have a stereotype and we are all going to get at least a little teased by it. I am ready with a bow and arrow in hand, so my symbol fits me. Hey scorpions sting! I wouldn't want to mess with Shor or Sonya. Not with those powers.

"At least you aren't "crabby","Clayton points out and I let out an obnoxious laugh. Opps, that was a little to loud for the situation.

"Or at least you don't have cra-

"That's enough!"Vanessa cuts in and we take seats. The bus starts to hoover off the ground and now there is no going back. "Everybody hold onto something!"She yells over the loud engine.

"What are we doing on this mission?"Tess questions confused.

"We don't know yet, we will know at our destination,"I inform her.

"Patience young one!"Autumn snaps. They still have feuds.

"Everybody be quiet!"Collin screams and we all shut up. He hasn't talked this whole time and he just bursted. I guess we are all getting to flustered to concentrate. We all do need to be quiet and shut up and relax for a little bit. We are too panicked right now.

We all need to calm down or this mission will be a disaster.