Chapter 23-Hey! Look! Over ear!

Ariel's POV

"Any ideas?"I ask as we sit around the fire Shelby made.

"Let's think like Mrs.Astro,"Tanner suggest and we all look at him uneasily. I don't know if we can ever do such a thing.

"Good plan if we knew how,"Vanessa jokes.

We all look around and I sigh and we just walks around thinking. We should come up with something soon through because we don't know how the other groups are doing with theirs. For all we no, we could be the last ones left, or we could be in the lead. I mean Mrs.Astro probably isn't going to full out help the emerald group. That wouldn't me right, but she won't let anything happen to them either. Well at least to herself, which is her group as well.

"We need to find something! Maybe a fake diamond!"Logan shouts.

"Look at our jewelry!"Gianna orders.

"My earrings are diamonds,"I shout up suddenly.

Everyone shoots their heads towards me. "Let's use it, we can't loose anymore time, we should head back to camp now,"Vanessa says and we all nod and agree. There are not better plans and we don't want to have to go back empty handed with nothing.

"I feel like we didn't put effort though,"Collin says.

"Who cares! We need something!"Luke shouts.

"Yeah my legs around about to break!"Vincent agrees.

"What direction do we go in?"Logan asks.

"Northeast! We walked south and we shifted a little bit,"Callie informs us and we all nod trusting what she is saying is true.

We turn around and start to head in the direction that Callie claims to be where we came from. "Will Mrs.Astro approve?"Collin i interjects and we all shoot him a look and sigh.

"We don't know. We don't care, she is forcing us into death either way,"I snap and he sighs and goes to Tanner and starts talking to him. The heat is making us all irritated so I don't feel bad.

I walk in peace and quiet before Shelby and Logan come up beside me. Shelby looks at my ears and they gives me an interested look.
"Are you earnings real?"She questions and I nod.

"Yeah, unless my mom lied. Well- my adoptive mom,"I say and she gives me a small frown. Some of us new we were adopted but some of us didn't. I didn't know and it is still killing me. I really did look like my mom. It was always just me and my mom. No one else was ever involved and that is way that I preferred it.

"Yeah we are still letting that stuff sink in. Mrs.Astro really likes to kill us with information,"Logan says looking forward without making eye contact with me. We had a tiny argument earlier but nothing big. It was must about this stupid mission that is killing my soul.

"Yeah, my mom lied to me. She told me flat out that the day I was born was the best day of her life. She didn't get me until I was one. She told me that she was so happy when she was pregnant with me. She should have just told me,"I say feeling the anger inside me.

"My mom didn't tell me, but she didn't exactly lie like that to me,"Logan says and I nod. Looks like I got some of the worst put of these people. My life used to be so happy ever day. Ever since I have came here I feel like my mind and my old life was taken.

We sit down after an hour of walking. "We will reach it tomorrow we should camp here for the night,"Vanessa suggests and we all nod. "Shelby make a fire, it is getting cold,"She orders Shelby.

Shelby nods and starts a fire in a matter of minutes. She is getting better and better with that. One thing I do like about being here are the people. They are amusing and make the stay worth it.

We all settle down and sit down around the fire. We tell some stories and joke about our first greetings. I talk about how when I first talked to Luke he put ketchup in my hair and I slapped him and then put mustard in his the next day. We also talk about when Vincent and Vanessa were getting revenge on each other. Those were the times before these stupid missions. Don't get me wrong being able to manipulate water is so cool and worth it. The missions and all the work that goes with it is so annoying. I don't enjoy these little things she plans us to broaden our mindset.

After another hour spent on fooling around and actually relaxing for the first time in a long time, we head off to sleep. I can't sleep through, my mind is racing. Is this enough? Is this the best I can do with my life. Could I be better than this? Should I change my attitude towards life or am I find the way I am? All these questions are hard to find answers for because they are opinions. Opinions that I just haven't yet decided how I feel about them.

Truly those suck the most. My mind needs to figure out who I am and I need to know how I feel. With my past life and my present life mixing I am nothing like I used to be. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise. That is what Logan called it anyway. He is pretty easy to talk to but I don't like relationships. He does, and I think that tis going to be a major problem. It might not be the best mix for that.

After ten minutes, or maybe thirty. Maybe even hours, my mind finally finds what it needs. Sleep, my mind never is going to stop being random but it will stop me from being too bad. I need to open up and that is my biggest problem with these people.