Chapter 40-Kick some grass

Ariel's POV

Tired and exhausted, I stack my last bail of hay into the barrel. Everybody kidnapped is working on bundling hay right now and we all feel each other's pain. I would rather run a mile right now then having to bend up and down in this steaming hot sun. I mean either way I would sweat but at least my hand wouldn't hurt and feel like they are on freaking fire.

"Stop it!"I hear a loud scream.

"Please stop it! You are going to kill him!"I hear even louder.

My head snaps into the direction of the desperate beg. I watch as Lindsey and Crystal cry in horror as Gavin gets whacked in the head with cane. My brain stops processing and fills my head with anger, terror, and determination. He is going to pay for this.

The ground is glue. The world is gray. My voice is gone. My thoughts are mangled. My heart is shook and my whole word has changed. I can't move right now. It is like the whole word is paused and no one can think straight.

Everybody starts seeing the horrifying event. The man in cloak sends another crack his way but this time he hits him on the shoulder. I internally scream and my feet start to break away from the invisible glue holding me down. All of a sudden someone unthinkable happens. It is like everybody on the field had the same idea at the same moments. We are going to fight back.

We all run. Run straight towards the mess that we are about to get into. There is nothing holding us back besides these electric fences outlining the big field. We are ready to risk everything we have.

The man in the cloak turns around as we all run towards him in the full speed. At first he is completely startled but then he smirks. He hits something on his watch and he laughs. Why is he laughing? It is never good when terrible people laugh. That means there is something else we aren't expecting to come our way.

Crystal and Lindsey quickly take Gavin to the side without a problem. The man doesn't move. He just stands there with the biggest smile on his face. Something isn't right here.

In a matter of seconds my curiosity is answered when about eight strong looking men start dashing through the fields and towards us.  Unsure of what to do, we all look at each other in fear and terror. At once we all start to grab whatever we can find and start running towards them. If this isn't intense, I don't know what is.

"Ariel take this!"Crystal Shouts as she throws me the cane that they used to whack Gavin. She must have snatched it somehow in the mix of all the running and the conflict that we were arrived with.

"Ariel!"I hear Sonya shout and I turn to see a whale about to fall on top of me. I quickly move avoiding my almost fatal fate. I take the cane and smack it across the his face making sure I do some damage. I then proceed to somehow miraculously and accurately hit him in the eye leaving him to fall onto the ground and hold his suffering eye. He scream and I grab my cane and wait for the next idiot who wants some cane in their eye.

"Get off of me you fuc-

I turn to see Crystal being pinned down by a pretty heavy set male. I run up to him just in time to see Crystal make an attempt to kick him where it hurts. She misses and hits him in the shin instead, still damaging. As she stands up I help her up and join her fight. 

Loosing my cool, I take my cane and slam it on top of his head and I hear a crack. Uh oh, that can't be good....for him. The man falls onto the ground unconscious. I guess this cane makes me life threatening and dangerous. If they want to mess with us, I will make sure they are suffering the same pain every other person they tortured has felt. Shore raises his eyebrows and gives me some claps. "Well done,"He laughs and gives me a high five before running off to start his own battle. How are we winning?

I turn to see Lindsey holding a tree branch trying to defend herself from intruders. She looks like she is doing pretty well so I continue to make my way towards other people that may be in need. There are only about four guys left and none of us look too injured. Well besides Gavin of course, I am surprised he isn't unconscious to be completely honest. The way Crystal was shouting and the way I know how this cane works, you would think he would be dead.

My body is tired and I am about to crash and burn so I stop for one second to rest. What a mistake that was. I am grabbed from behind and a hand covers my mouth. I do the only thing I can think of.

I bite the hand and a scream fills my ear almost causing me to loose my hearing. I push the man off to see it was the man in the black cloak that whacked Gavin and he does not look happy. Ready to grab my stick and beat the crap out of the guy, I panic. The cane is gone,mI must have dropped it in the mix of the grabbing.

After he stops screaming I turn around and he has a tiny smile.
"Missing something?"He questions smirking evilly as he holds up the cane I have been using to kick some grass with. I mentally face palm myself and let out an internal battle cry. I am screwed and he and I both know it. Unless I use my last resort. I might have to.

I run. I run and run away until my legs can't bare it no more and break down in the middle of the field. Exhausted, drained and degraded of energy, I sit there ready to face the pain. Ready to rot away, ready to stay goodbye to this new life with powers. Aquarius's aren't supposed to give up but I am left with no choice. I wait. Maybe when he comes I can somehow win the cane back.

I slowly turn to see where he has gone. He is no where in sight and that is what scares me. Slowly, I stand up suddenly feeling some more hope. The hope that will keep me fighting this piece of shi-

"Ariel!"I turn to hear my named being shouted. I see Logan, Mrs.Astro, Luke, Callie, and Shelby running towards me. How on earth did they find this place on this gigantic island. Yeah I know, "That's your first though?",but yeah, it is. I mean I am filled with joy, relief, and happiness but that was in fact my first thought.

They approach me with cheers of happiness, like my internal cheers. I smile as I look behind them to see the rest of the group their too and helping fight the very few men left. I stand up and walk towards them meeting them half way. "Glad you are okay,"Mrs.Astro says seeming extremely worried. "You guys were close to being dead,"She says pulling me into a, surprising, comforting motherly hug that I used to adore back home.

"Turns out canes can help,"I nod jokingly a little trying to lighten the mood. She gives me a small smile as the others come to comfort me as well as the others who were here with me as well. Mrs.Astro walks over to Gavin who has a huge bruise on his face and takes out her purse and takes an ice pack out. Why does she ha-you know what, I am not even going to question that right now. This is the time to be relieved and thankful that we were saved.

This is what I would call a team.