Chapter 39-End the task

Gianna's POV

"We already went to that one!"Vanessa states rolling her eyes.

"You asked which was closest, not what we need,"Luke smirks.

"Oh shut up, you know what I meant,"Vanessa snaps.

"I would say Scorpio,"Logan points out trying to stop the bickering.

"No, Capricorn,"Luke objects.

I have been standing here listening to people argue for a good twenty minutes now, if is safe to say I have a head ache. Which isn't a good thing, because I am already in a terrible mood. No one ever listens to each other and helps each other! We just talk over each other and try to act like we are the best. That is just one part of human nature that no matter what happens, will never change.

We all look at our map and cards to get a sense of what should be next. I can't believe we chose to just basically carry on without the others. They could be in serious danger for all we know and we chose to finish the mission instead. I don't think that this what you would call working as a team. Mrs.Astro would not be happy. I just have a gut feeling we need to help them soon. Some people just don't understand that we need to work together on this mission.

If I were to read people's minds right now, we would all have missable thoughts. At least I would think, most of us would. I am not only irritated with my peers but scared and nervous too.

"So Scorpio it is!"Tess smiles and claps as I zone back into the conversation. We start to make our way towards-I don't know where because people won't let me see the map! I don't even care at this point, maybe we should have split up in two. Wait no never mind, every time we split up, it just gets more chaotic. Our group is a mess though and we are falling apart quicker than I expected.

I just want to wake up and realize that this whole situation is fake. I wish that the others are back with us, we aren't actually on a mission but finishing the diving competition, and for once in my life, I was in school instead of risking my life. I don't see the importance of this mission and why it matters, Mrs.Astro should just shut it all down and pick us all up before someone gets seriously injured or even worse, killed. I cam just see it happening soon if no one helps.

"We passed that little purple tree, three times now!"Shelby points out and we all look at each other with concerning looks. We have no idea where the heck we are going. This is just getting worse and worse as we go on. It is a sign we should go look for the others! We shouldn't be doing all this without them! I want to smack everyone who thought it was a good idea to continue on.

"Well someone else take the map then,"Autumn says handing it off to Vanessa and she starts to redirect us in a different direction.

We walk for ten more minutes and still no constellations. I swear we should have come across it by now. I peek over Vanessa's shoulder to see where we are. Yeah, we should have seen it by now. What is going on here? Are we all just really blind or is there something else holding us back from finding it? Are there rules we aren't following for example, don't leave your group behind. That would be a nice "I told you so" moment.

As we walk I am stop in my tracks as I bump into Shelby. I quickly apologize but than realize that everyone else is stopped too. We are stopped. Why are we stopped? Is there a parade in front of us I just can't see? Is there some secret freeze challenge they are playing? Let me guess, Luke told everyone to play freeze tag.

"Do you see that person walking towards us too?"Austin quietly question but loud enough for all all of us to hear him. I try to adjust my view to see what he is talking about but I can't see a thing.

"Yup,"Clayton slowly nods as I continue to look for the figure.

"They look harmless,"Callie shrugs tilting her head.

"Loos can be deceiving Callie,"Vincent comments and she nods. Okay, I think I can sort of see the figure now. They do look tiny, but tiny people can kick shins and that can really hurt so I don't underestimate looks. Even if they look "harmless. Everyone has some inner voice telling them to snap at people, some people control it better than others. Anyway, back to the person approaching. At least I hope and think it is a person.

"Is that Mrs.Astro?"Tanner suddenly questions.

"I don't know, go check,"Samuel suggest nudging Tanner.

"Yeah, go right ahead buddy,"Autumn pats Tanner on the back.

"You know what, I am good right here,"Tanner nods.

"Well they are forty feet away so either flee before they get to us or shut up and be brave,"I snap and everyone looks at me surprised at my attitude. They shouldn't be, it is nothing new for them.

"What do you think Collin?"Vincent asks raising his eyebrows. Collin sends him a cold glare. "Oh right, you can't talk,"Vincent nods.

The figure approaches closer and we all start shouting cheers of joy when we all see that it is for a fact Mrs.Astro. My prayers have been answered! Finally! We are making some progress.

"The smell of strong perfume has hit my nose,"Patrick laughs.

"Little lady in heels! Watch out!"Logan jokes.

"Maybe it's a robot,"Luke jokes.

"Luke that is enough!"Mrs.Astro lectures and he shuts up.

"I wasn't the only one cracking jokes! That is so unfair Mrs.Astro. You just got here and you already lecturing me, I feel the love,"Luke says his smile turning into a glare. Mrs.Astro sends him a serious look. This is no time for jokes and games right now.

"I am not happy with many of you,"She says sending stern looks.

Everybody's smiles start to fade as we get concerned. Here comes that moments where this quirky lady is going to snap. Anybody can tell right now that she is not in the mood for jokes and games.

"I swear we were trying to be pro-

"I don't care what you were doing! It wasn't what you needed to be doing! You weren't helping the ones who went missing! You are a terrible team and you guys really need to learn how to fix problems! You put yourself and others at risk!"She exclaims in a louder voice.

"We were just trying to be logical and get the mission done,"Vanessa tells her trying to explain some thinking.

"It was your second goal. It wasn't your top priority and that id the biggest problem. You saw what happened to Collin! You should know that this was probably serious too!"Mrs.Astro screams. Wow.

"We thought it was your-

"Those people are the real deal! I had no idea about them! The two most feared groups of people are here on this island with you! This is not one of my little stunts! I warned you these missions were going to start being more serious and real,"Mrs.Astro mentions.

"We are sorry,"Autumn suddenly speaks up.

"You better be! Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves! Your peers are in serious danger! That is why I stopped the mission and as a GROUP we are going to get them,"Mrs.Astro informs us and I want to slap so many people. I knew something was really wrong with this! I just knew it, but no. Majority rules so we continued on our mission. At least we are getting somewhere now.

So off we went. To go save-if it's not too late.