Chapter 7-Prep

Patrick's POV

I wake up to a soft fluffy thing on my head. A pillow. I throw it off me and sit straight up looking around. Shor sits there with an innocent look on his face. He knows I know he did it. Not only that but clayton is too easy going and he is doing his own thing on his phone. Ugh. Today is that day we go on the mission. "Good morning sleepy head,"He teases. I roll my eyes and kick my sheets off and do a few morning routine things. He claps when I look at the time. I have an hour. I am not a girl. I can get dressed pretty quickly so no problem.

I quickly shower and throw on some clothes. I hope this mission goes okay. I don't want to fail miserably on my first one. I grab my phone and head down stairs sense the other guys are already down there filling up on breakfast. When I get down there I sit next to Collin and Across from Tanner. Everyone else is scattered. Only three girls are down here so far and they are Autumn,Gianna,and Shelby.

"You snore so loud! I could hear you from across the hall!"Collin points at me and everybody starts laughing. I can feel my cheeks heat up. I hate my snoring,I wake up myself sometimes.

"Sorry it is because of an condition from when I was little,"I tell them and they all start laughing. Autumn almost chocked on her water.

"Sorry,we should just stop,"Collin nods and they all nod along. The rest of them start to fill in the dinning room with their breakfast. Mrs.Astro come sliding into the kitchen and clapping.

"Today is a big day! Is everyone here?"She asks looking around and we all look around to see if anyone is still not here. We all nod in response. "Okay great!"She claps and grabs a coffee before she starts to speak.

She grabs her clipboard and her phone. Okay you will be escorted in different groups. One in the morning,one at night. The morning people will be Autumn, Tanner, Gianna, Crystal, Luke, Vanessa, Logan, Sonya, Samuel, Callie, Austin,and Paige. The night team will be everyone else. So each group has one of every sign. This is just for the first one though,these groups will change all the time,"She lists and we all nod. So I am in the nigh group. I guess I don't care.

"When do we leave?"Luke asks and she looks down at her phone.

"At ten. So you guys have an hour to finish up,"She tells us and we nod. I stay in my seat and start picking at some toast on my plate. There is nothing else for me to do. My mission doesn't start until tonight. I sit there and talk to people here and there. What should I do while they are gone? I guess I will just figure that out when it happens.

The time goes by fast and before I know it they are off. I don't know where they went but it looked kinda magical. I just hope these missions are safe. Well at least todays. We just got here so they better. I go over to Clayton and Vincent who are playing some Zombie game on the tv. It looks entertaining enough so I sit down and decide to watch them.

"You wanna play?"Vincent asks me just as he wins and Clayton's' character looses his head. I nod and Clayton tosses me the remote. I quickly get a little preview and then we start. I am playing as a human so I have to defend. Vincent is playing as a Zombie though,so he is out to get me. I always find killing people easier then running away from things in games. No wonder why Clayton lost,Vincent is crazy. He Shoots everywhere and everything. No warning. One minute he is there the next he isn't. He sneaks up on you too.

"You are a pro at this game,"I admit to Vincent and he shrugs.

"I mean I have the easier part. I have also played this many times before and I have seen you haven't be you still haven't used one single weapon. Unless you want to just run around from the zombies and win that way. It is hard,but possible. I have a feeling you just don't know how to use them though. Right?"He asks and I nod. He pauses the game and shows me a few things. Now that we are more even the games last longer and I don't die as quickly. I never win but I am doing much better. I give Clayton back the remote and just watch them play again. It is fun to play but it is better in my opinion to watch so you can root and not worry about anything but watching people scream swears at each other for killing. We are guys! What else do you expect us to do? We can do worse.

It is like time was converted and every hour was five minutes because the morning group is back and soon it is our turn. Mrs.Astro is smiling and the rest look like they are about to die of thirst or something. They look like they were worked out. I hope ours is easier. Is it the same one? We will have to wait and see. They all plop down onto couches and chairs,even some people went onto the floor. From the looks of it these missions aren't looking to good. Where did they go? To a volcano? They look like they sweated twenty buckets.

The others rush up to them to ask them questions and they try to give there best answers. They look exhausted but it looks like everyone came back alive. Now it is my turn. Great.