Chapter 17-Arch vs sundaes

Samuel's POV

I am almost a master at archery. It is 9 o'clock at night and it is starting to get really chilly but I just want to hit a few more targets. I could always start a mini fire if I wanted. Of course, a little harmless one. My powers are alright. I guess I can deal with them, I may be helpful but my powers are also very dangerous. Mrs. astro made the signs of Capricorn, Aquarius, and mine have a little lesson. Nature's elements are important so she didn't want us screwing around with that.

School starts tomorrow so I should probably head in about now but we don't have to be in our rooms until 9:30 on school nights. The weekends we get to stay up as long as we want though. Well if we don't have a mission in the morning that is.

I am about to fire my last shoot when someone grabs my arm. "Samuel you need some rest,"Someone sighs. I turn to see Shelby standing there with her arms crossed.

"No I don't, if I don't need to be in before 9:30 I don't need to rest. Like you knows what it feels like to really do arch-

I stop realizing that she is the only other person here that understands that archery is amazing. "Uh huh. Are you saying my skills are weak, because I can kick your butt right now,"She challenges crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. Should I say yes, or tell her the truth of what I think. Usually I would be up for a challenge but Shelby is different. Once she realizes I am not going to agrees she puts her hands down my her side and lets out a small laugh.

"I never said that. I just forgot that you did archery too for a second,"I explain and she nods slowly. I can tell by her face and body language that she still doesn't believe me.

"Do you you are better than me though?"She questions raising an eyebrow and sending me a very amusing look.

"Yes." No! She is so much better than me!

"You know what! Next time I see you here, we are having an archery match!"She point at me, declares, and smiles.

"Um ok,"I agree not sure if I want to go along with it, but if I deny this she will loose all hope and think and know that she is better. I can't let her think that I am all talk and not skill.

"Well goodnight. I hope you have a nice first day of school tomorrow,"She says simply and walks away towards the Zodiac mansion. She makes me turn into an idiot. I know Luke already has Mrs.Astro watching him with Callie, but is there a rule about liking your own sign. There shouldn't be.

"You too!"I shout back before she it too far away, she turns back and in the darkness I can't make out her face but I am able to make out what she just shouted at me.

"I will see you in the morning,"With that I decide that maybe I should give archery a rest for tonight, there is only twenty minutes to settle into my room. I don't want to be scrambling to get in because if I am late I have dish duty and all of the undesirable chores that no one ever wants. I start making my way back towards the mansion. I let out a small yawn.

I guess I am pretty tired and doing archery until last minute wouldn't have been the smartest choice. Shelby always knows what she is talking about. I think that is why I like her.

I open the door and step into the dark kitchen, which makes me look at the time on the microwave. 9:15. Okay now to see speed up my actions. I run upstairs as quietly as I can and get my stuff to head into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and change my clothes quicker than I ever did in my life.

I guess I didn't need to be that quick, considering I am sitting in my room right now as the only one in here because Aden and Luke aren't here yet. There are over 5 bathrooms on this floor along so if they are in one right now, I wouldn't be surprised. I grab my phone and set the alarm on it. One thing I always sucked at is waking up to alarms, so the three of us setting our alarms is the only way I will wake up. First Luke's goes off, then Aden's, then mine(the loudest) goes off. They hate it, but I need it to they agree. It is just three annoying sounds going off at once, nothing you haven't heard in elementary school when the boys makes weird sounds.

By that I mean, bathroom sounds and farting armpits. All that stuff that makes boys a lot more immature at that age. Actually, I will admit, we are still that way. We don't really do that stuff anymore b-okay with the exception of a few, but we still do stupid things. Lots of things that will get us injured.

I can see why girls thought we were so terrible at childhood. In middle school though, a lot of girls got meaner so some girls couldn't handle girl drama, and made friends with lots of boys. I had two girls in my group of friends. Ava and Leah. They never fought and we are all so close until I told them I had to leave and our friend Bryan was also moving. I wonder how they are doing now....I wonder if they are still close. Bryan and I were the ones who hosted all the parties and activities, so it is possible that they might be drifting. I miss them. We were the best group of friends, the six of us.

"Dude! You missed the hot fudge sundaes!"Luke hits me on the shoulder as him and Aden enter the room. Aw, man.

"Why didn't you get me?"I ask a little irritated.

"We told shelby to go get you, did she not talk to you?"Aden asks confused and I raise my eyebrows in shock. She played me! Wow, she is very sneaky about things like this.

"She did! She didn't tell me about sundaes! She can be evil sometimes!"I say crossing my arms. Of course I am not really mad, just a little interested why she did that and shocked. Okay....maybe not that shocked, but still, Interested.

"Whatever, next time we have someone and she isn't there, you can do the same thing,"Luke says heading to the bathroom the change. I sigh and nod at them.

At the same time, that is well played on her part.