Chapter 42-Explaining the situation

Vincent's POV

"Yes, I am leaving,"Mrs.Astro sighs. "And so are all of you,"She then adds.

We sit there for a moment to comprehend what is going on. We are actually leaving? Am I dreaming? I thought once we were here, we would be here to stay for a while. I mean yes, a lot of people here annoy me, but we are all one big group of goofballs who need mental help.

Is it bad that I actually feel sad about this? I thought this is what I wanted ever since I got here. That is not what I am feeling right now though. I thought Mrs.Astro was more annoying than my mom, but I am going to miss her. We are leaving, we are actually leaving. My next question is than called out.

"Why?"Tess questions.

I mean she was just lecturing us like there is no tomorrow on the bus! Now she is sending us home. I never though I could be more confused. I am supposed to have lots of intelligence.

"People are after you. It isn't safe. You all need to go home. To your families, where they can protect you,"Mrs.Astro explains and I start to let it sink in.

"My home isn't safe!"Patrick exclaims. "My dad is barley able to go to sleep without shouting and trying to strangle people because of his mental state!" We all look at him in shock.

I guess tough situations bring out the deepest secrets. Mrs.Astro gives him a sympathetic look and closes her eyes.

"Well, it is safer for you than you are here. With people after you, they could track this group down easily if you are all together,"She says. "It may be tough at home, but you have to be strong. For all of us,"She adds.

Patrick calms down and leans back into the couch again. I can tell that he is willing to put up with his dad for the other people in this room. That is a brave him for him to do.

"The people at the island,"Collin begins, "They are out to get us?"

"Yes,"She answers nodding her head.

"Who are they?"I suddenly ask.

"Well. The people who took Collin to the tree aren't the same people who had captured some of you,"She starts.

"There are two groups?"Callie asks in disbelief and utter shock like most of us. Well except for Lyla and Logan.

"I knew it!"Lyla shouts.

"That is what I thought too!"Logan agrees. "They had different ways of working,"He comments. That is true.

"Let her finish guys!"Ariel hollers.

"The group who took you back to their camp are unknown as far as I am concerned,"Mrs.Astro admits.

"Shouldn't we be concerned?"Luke asks folding his arms across his chest.

"They seem more life threatening,"Paige interjects adding onto Luke's question.

"Key word is seem,"Mrs.Astro says.

"Why did they attack?"Vanessa voices loudly and questions with determination. Mrs.Astro shrugs.

"Territorial reasons,"She nods. "You were taking their food,"She adds.

That is true. If someone takes my food they would loose a hand so that makes sense. What doesn't make sense yet are the unanswered questions that we still have.

"That's fair,"Tanner shrugs and I try to hold back my laughter at this serious moment. We are putting some people's life on the line here. Of course it is a serious conversation.

Mrs.Astro starts again,"The group who took Collin to the tree is a much more serious issue. They are the ones that are after you, they will kill you if you ever come across them again. Collin was their fair warning."

I see Collin tense up. He could have died because we weren't being careful. She told us missions would become life threatening, but not like this. I thought she meant, drowning, fire, freezing to death. All things that are from action movies.

"What are they called?"Sonya interjects and Mrs.Astro sits down.

"The group is called Ophiuchus. They make sure that all the constellations are on their side. Your mission was to unlock them, set them free. They were there to stop you,"She explains.

"We could have actually died,"Shor says in shock and we all have the same feeling.

We were taking it as a joke. We weren't aware that it could have been the last day to live our lives. The thought of that depresses me because even though missions were tiring. Even though we coma planed and groaned and some of us stomped our feet. Even though how much we disliked it, we were still bonding.

I wasn't fond of this whole idea at first. I just wanted to get it over with and hope that we would be able to be sent home. Now, I don't want to. A lot of us came from rough family situations and those who didn't, feel betrayed. None of us want to go home and I can just feel it in the tension.

"When do we leave?"Autumn suddenly asks looking around at all of us.

"In two days from now,"Mrs.Astro answers standing up again.

"Should we start packing?"Aden laughs with a hurt tone in his voice.

"With the mess in some of your rooms, yes,"Vanessa jokes. I have a feeling that will be the last time. She told me how much she hated her home life and how she was actually liking her new one.

I can't believe I might never see some of these people ever again. Collin and Clayton, and some of the guys here are my new best buds. Some of the girls feel like sisters to me too. I have this large knot in the pit of my stomach telling me this will be the last time I will see these people smile, laugh, and joke around. 

We are going back to the average life and I am not happy about it. My powers of intelligence is something that I hope to keep with me for life.

"So, do you we keep our powers?"I curiously speak up and Mrs.Astro gives me a tiny smile. A smile that gives me hope for a good answer.

"That is your choice."