Chapter 41-Don't even

Samuel's POV

"Oh how I missed the smell of fresh Vanilla and Cinnamon!"Luke chants.

"Can't wait to see my pillows again!"Sonya says immediately heading upstairs to her room.

"I miss nice food! It's been too long of living off grub!"Crystal says getting everyone to nod in agreement.

"I going for a swim,"Paige says walking off in the opposite direction.  

"I am too,"Shor says and runs after her. Can't wait to see them as an actual couple soon! I have been waiting since our first mission!

"Peace out, I am going to my room,"Ariel says sluging her

Here we are again. Back at the mansion and back where we are safe. At least I hope we are safe here. You never know when that clumsy person will create the domino effect and someone ends with a knife in their arm. What? That is just how it works.

We are ready to get scowled today. Mrs.Astro called a meeting for later today and I am not too thrilled about it. I mean I will admit, we did not work as a team but she is going to take this far. I just have a deep feeling.

I am currently listening to Collin talk because once we left the island we took the chip out. There was screaming, barf, and a lot of other things I don't want to talk about. Once he started talking he won't stop now.

"Want to go throw some football?"Collin suddenly stops explaining why that mission was a disaster and turns towards me.

"No can do. I am waiting for the wrath of Mrs.Astro,"I state refusing his offer. He shrugs and gets up and leaves.

"Is that an excuse for being lazy?"Collin reveals my plan

"Maybe,"I shrug picking up a mint that is on the coffee table a foot away from me. Wow, that was a lot of movement for someone who wants to be lazy for a day. A little too much.

"Enjoy being alone on a couch,"He says before he is gone. I hear someone sit down besides me.

"Now you're not alone,"Shelby smiles nudging me and I smile at her. I nudge her back and return the smile.

"Thanks for the company,"I wink and she lets out a loud laugh and then cover her mouth trying not to laugh again. I am not sure if I should laugh or raise an eyebrow so I do both.

"Yeah...Autumn and Lyla are jamming to hard to music. It's cool and all but it isn't my cup of tea,"She informs me.

"You don't drink tea,"I point out nudging her lightly. I remember one time I got her tea and she pretended to like it. I could tell she was lying when she said she liked it, she had a horrible poker face. Her face was in pure disgust as she sipped it.

"That is true, maybe that's why then,"She shrugs after staring at me for a moment. I nod slowly feeling awkward tension start to rise.

"Maybe,"I slowly add.

"So...do you think she will kill us or lock us up in rooms and make us do drills?"Shelby casually questions making me let out a little laugh.

"I don't know the drills sound more like her,"I confirm my thoughts.

"Yeah sounds more realistic. I don't think she would ever intentionally kill us,"She adds to my answer.

"That face that we have to use the word intentionally is scary,"I admit and she nods before taking out her phone. Did I become that boring that she had to resort to her phone to cute boredom? I am sorry, I tried my best!

"Well it is 2:30, she said she would strike any minute. So I am going to wait before I start to do actually do something active,"Shelby laughs.

"Good idea, I still need company,"I let out before not realizing how needy that sounds. Really Samuel? That is the best thing you had to say?

"Okay everyone in the living room right now!"We hear over the loud speaker that echoes throughout the mansion. I have to say as much as I don't want to hear her wrath, it saved me from an awkward conversation.

I am already in the living room so there is no reason for me to move from my current spot. Ah, the beautiful feeling of being lazy at the right place and at the right time.

"I knew it would be any minute,"Shelby whispers to me as others start to fill the room with miserable faces. Sonya looks like she is a zombie.  if I were being lazy on my bed, I would be too.

Vincent and Vanessa walk in with water covered in them. I am not going to ask. Hey that is what Luke is for!

"Why are you soaked in water?"Luke questions curiously and Vanessa sends him eye daggers. Well damn.

"Someone decided to trip with a bowl of water,"She says looking at Vincent.

"It was an accident,"Vincent laughs.

"Sure,"Vanessa says pushing him.

Shor and Paige walk in holdings hand. I know I am a guy, but I have my inner fan boy and I am cheering, hard.

Other sits around us, some take the floor, and some standing. Why on earth would people want to stand while we get lectured for hours?

"This is going to be a loud mansion in a few minutes,"Logan suddenly laughs. We all nod and they share confused looks. Wait, hold on! 

"Where is she?"I ask impatient. Talk about the word immediately.

"Probably taking her time and watching us scurry here on a surveillance camera,"Tess suddenly jokes but after a moment we realize that could be true. It is the whacky Mrs.Astro we are talking about here.

"I have things to do!"Lindsey suddenly shouts out of nowhere. It is nice to hear some people shout that we aren't used to shouting.

"So do I,"We hear as Mrs.Astro walks into the room with a casual look.

"You are late,"Gavin jokes making Callie and Clayton try to hold in chuckles as they sit near him.

"I can be late,"She says. We all glare but we don't say a word. It is not worth the struggle to be honest.

"I would like to thank everyone who stayed loyal to your peers first,"Mrs.Astro starts and we all nod. At least she started off well.

Tanner and Austin pass something alone and it lands in my lap. I open it and read it. I stare at it in confusion.

"Now for the rest of you captive, I am sorry,"She apologizes as I read the note in front of me in complete shock. This note is from Mrs.Astro. I pass it along, as it says I am supposed to.

"This was hard for me to do, so I wrote a letter instead,"She says as it

Aden looks at it and raises his eyebrows. Gianna looks over his shoulder in disbelief.

My mind tries to read visualize the note again my head. I don't understand why she couldn't just tell us! That must mean she actually might love us after all. I just don't understand how it can be that hard.

All of this wait up of thinking she is going to let out her inner crazy and she was telling is this? Who would have thought? I suddenly have a burst of words and I stand straight up.

"You're leaving?"I blurt out.