Via

Chapter Eight: -Cole's Perspective-

I saw the mood instantly change within the hallways of our school, it was lighter, happier. What was causing this? Normally Geo and I are the charmers of this school. 

I turned from my locker to see a crowd of people bunched in the hallway, staring in the same direction, which wasn't my way. No one takes my spotlight! I broke my way through the crowd to see them amused by a girl's outfit. Purple cheetah pants? Who would wear--. It was her, Sandra.

Her sweet smell wafted up into my nose the closer she got to me. I felt like a magnet on steroids; I was being pulled to her. I was trying to calm my wolf down so I wouldn't kill the girl, but nothing was working, until I felt her touch. She ran into me on the stairs and I caught her so she wouldn't fall backwards. Oh, as if I could hold her here forever. We stood there for a moment awkwardly staring at each other in the eyes. I swear that Sandra liked being in my arms; I knew I could get her to fall in love with me. 

While giving myself a pat on the back, Sandra ripped from my arms and stomped her way to her next class, so much for her liking me. "Sandra, wait, what's wrong?" 

She stopped in the middle of the hallway and stood there, waiting for me to say another sentence. "Uh, what's--?" 

"Can it Cole." She turned around with tears forcing themselves to spill. 

Well that was unexpected. 

"I can't, I can't, I can't." She said with her voice cracking. 

For some random reason, I wanted to kiss her right now; I have no idea why, except for my damn hormones. I took a step closer and she stood there staring me down. Her blue eyes were now close enough that I could make out hints of silver in them. Her pink lips were quavering, showing that she wanted to cry so badly. What happened to her in the office? 

I took another step closer now, feeling her breath hit my neck. She was staring at my chest, making sure I didn't make another move. I wanted her so badly, her smell was torturing me, her eyes were torturing me, the fact that she needed to be held, tortured me. I needed her and I don't know why; my wolf needed her.  

"Sandra, did someone hurt you?" I whispered to her, while lifting up her chin with my finger. 

She tensed up and breathed out slowly, "no." 

"So then what is wrong?" I said as calmly as possible, although my insides wanted to grab her and get an answer from her. 

"Nothing, I just have had a long day." She ended up saying, after a pause. 

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Is it girl lingo for I got my period and don't want to talk to you? Sandra turned and walked away from me, slowly making her scent become intangible with the rest of high school's overpowering smells.  She was fading from me, I lost the chance to comfort her.  The mood in the hallway suddenly dropped to tension. I hadn't realized most the people in the hallways were staring at Sandra's and my close up conversation. Awkward. 

"Wait, Sandra, I didn't mean--." I stopped jogging in the hallway to catch up to her. I stood in the hallway paralyzed of what was on Sandra's back. She had my flower on her shoulder. She had my mating mark. 

Sandra was my mate? Why her of all the girls in the world? She hates me. 

My mate turned around to see me staring wide eyed at her back, she started to blush and fixed her shirt back over her shoulder. "What do you want now?" 

"Uh, uh." I couldn't believe I found my mate, so many emotions were running through my mind. Is it a good thing? Is she a werewolf? I couldn't tell myself to look away from the same flower I had on my back, it looked more beautiful on Sandra than me. 

Sandra interrupted my thoughts, "dude, what's wrong with my shoulder?"

My smile arose again, happy to get her to her normal annoyed self again. "That flower is beautiful." 

She looked at her shoulder and smirked, "what would you say if I showed this flower off to the school?" 

I started to sweat a little and then became territorial. No one can see my mate and I's markings. The two of us had a stare down until I got smart, "I wouldn't care." Ah shit, I just said the wrong thing. 

She laughed, "okay then, hey fellow students look at my new tattoo." She pulled down the shoulder of her shirt, exposing her bra strap and markings. 

My wolf wanted to kill all the guys that were looking at her right now; I wanted to duct tape a turtle neck on this girl right now. How dare she mess with an alpha! 

I needed to calm down, deep breaths. "Sandra, I think the school has seen enough now." 

"Oh, okay Cole. I just have one more thing to show. Look people I even have a family crest on here." She pulled her shirt down even lower, exposing half her back. Some of the guys were making whistling sounds, that got an 'I am going to kill you' stare from me. After about a minute, the guys were gone; they knew they had no match with an Alpha. 

I studied the crest that Sandra had on her back, but nothing struck my mind. What is that crest from? Is it from an extinct pack? 

"Sandra put your shirt up." I was getting irritated now by her lack of compliance. 

"No can do 'mineral of fossilized carbon' (coal)." Sandra is such a nerd. 

I walked up to her and gingerly placed her shirt down over her shoulder. She looked at me shocked, but I remained calm. "No need to show yourself off to the world, Via." I whispered in her ear, causing her to tense up. 

I smiled at the nickname I gave my mate; I was proud of it. It was our pack's tradition for the male to come up with a nickname for their mate. I chose Via instead of violet because I loved the sound of it. Ah, Via. 

She stood with her back turned away from me, stiff as a board, waiting for me to step away from her. I brushed her long, brown hair, back over her shoulder to cover up the showing markings. "Try to keep these marks hidden. You don't want anyone seeing who your mate is." I said only able for her to hear. 

It took all of my might to tear myself off of her and walk away; she needed her space. My fingers were still tingling from the soft touch of Sandra's hair; I could smell her scent masked on me, covering up my woodsy smell, and to think I hated her minutes ago. 

I left the hallway towards my last class smiling like I had won a million dollars. Now I just need to get her to like me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, this was an intense chapter. Very lovey dovey stuff packed in there. Well, Cole knows who his mate is, but does Sandra know who her mate is? And what is with the crest? Huh?

The next chapter won't be as serious so hold on if you didn't like this chapter. This chapter may have seemed confusing as to what Sandra started crying about. Just wait, the next chapter will reveal all. 

Please vote, and comment if you liked this chapter. I do like to hear feedback! (especially good feedback)

Werewolf #538 / Humor #724 <-----OMG guys, look, thank you so much for putting my book on the list. All of you are great, and your feedback is amazing. 

To the right are the purple cheetah pants.---->

                                                     Thanks again, 

                                                               Sarah