Just Crave

Chapter 27- Cole's Perspective-

October 29

I took my basketball shorts off and took a deep breath. My body began to quiver and fur covered my body. My senses became extremely sensitive and I could hear every nervous conversation going on. Exhilaration pumped through my veins and I could feel my pupils dilate in order to see in the blackened night. My exposed skin shivered in the frozen October night, but was soon warmed by a fuzzy insulated coat. My hands transformed into paws with claws that could slice into anything that got in its way.

I looked out into the Pennsylvanian woods with pockets of hidden shadows staring straight at the werewolves in front of me. I walked to the front of the pack and noticed a black wolf standing next to me. I stared into his blue eyes and nodded. Geo pointed his snout up to the sky and howled. I joined in after him and the rest of the pack stuck their snouts up in confidence and howled at the almost full moon.

The pack took three different routes toward the northern direction to create a sneakier attack on the Northern pack to make a confusing, scent trail. I lead one of the directions and started running. My nose stung every time I breathed in from the icy air that choked my lungs. My legs worked as if they were pistons moving up and down at a rapid speed. Up, down, up, down.

The moon made a path for me follow as I pushed harder,destined to get to my dying mate.

-------------------------

I coughed every time I took a deep breath in because my lungs felt like they were in flames. We decided to rest here at half point and go again tomorrow morning because everyone's energy was little to nothing. After I transformed to my human self and put on a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt I was handed a scolding cup of tea and a blanket.

"How are you feeling?" Chelsey came over after transforming where the other girls did. I hated to say it but she looked amazing in her sweat pants and winter coat. Her hair was down and half covered by a hat. She sat down on the ground next to me by the fire.

Chelsey was hugging her legs, shivering. "You know I would offer you a coat, but you can clearly see I would be freezing myself." I crawled over to the freezing girl and leaned against the tree. Chelsey came over and sat between my legs as I wrapped the blanket around the two of us.

Chelsey leaned her head back and smiled. "Much better."

She leaned against my chest and I could feel tiny needles digging into my skin every time I moved my iced hands. Chelsey noticed me blowing heat on my hands.

"Here." She took my hand and intertwined it with hers. "Better?" It actually helped.

I leaned my head on the tree again and closed my eyes. "Night."

I could still feel Chelsey's eyes on me but ignored them. "Cole, you know on the night we were eating cookie dough and looking up at the stars?"

"Mhmm."

"Well remember when I told you I loved you. You know I meant that." My eyes shot open when she finished her line.

"What?"

"You said it too Cole. Is it just a coincidence that we both love each other?" Chelsey was staring at the fire, smiling.

When did I every tell her I loved her that night? "Chelsey, I never said that." I couldn't help but chuckle. "Are you sleep talking?"

"Cole stop being an idiot, you said it before you went to sleep." I was now being glared at by Chelsey.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up into the sky. "But I never said that." I mumbled under my breath. "If I did I did not mean it. I love Sandra."