The Start of the Month

Chapter Eighteen:-Cole's Perspective-

October 1

A couple of days had gone by from the 'wonderful' Junior night at the school. I was sitting in a meeting with Geo and his father (the Alpha).  This meeting was the one I dreaded of all because I had to plan my future here, right now.

The Alpha was deep into thought at this moment, "What do you mean it's complicated? She's your mate, she should want to bond with you."

I chuckled to myself at how confused the Alpha was, Sandra indeed will not be willing to bond with me.

He continued, "Cole, you only have until the next full moon to get your mate to bond with you. Do you want to leave the Alpha's powers?"

I was beginning to stress out at this point. I only had a month to convince my mate that if she doesn't bond with me. I will one, loose my Alpha powers, and two, someone else could bond with her because the connection between us will begin to weaken.

"Cole it is October 1, you have a month. Think about the chaos our pack will have if the soon to be Alpha of a strong bloodline will be nothing more than a commoner that stands in the back row of all the pack against pack fights."

"I understand, I will try my hardest Alpha to prevent this scenario." I bowed my head in submission.

"Good, now you two boys go before I explode from frustration." The Alpha took off his glasses and rubbed his face.

Geo and I stood up and exited the huge mahogany door. "Well that went well." I groaned.

"Dude all you have to do is ask her out or give her flowers." Geo had a 'duh' face on.

"Well I have thirty days to face all the rejections and mental slap downs that my mate is going to lay on me. Haha a month." I was somewhat confident that I could get Sandra to be my true mate.

"It is not so hard until you meet the parents." Geo slapped me in the back and bolted for the stairs. He knew how much I hated seeing the parents.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day I had multiple plans that if one failed I could try--try again. First, ask her on a date.

I walked onto the school grounds ready to find Sandra. I would start from the right side of the school to look for her and then go---.

"Hey." I could already hear and smell the person I was looking for.

"Good morning VIa. I have to ask you something." I faced those large blueberry blue eyes. Sandra's light brown hair hair was braided down the side of her head and finished with a gold bow.

"And what may this question be?" She red lips peeked upwards in the corners.

I started to sweat, hoping she wouldn't reject me. I swear, rejection is worse than getting punched in the gut fifty times. "Would you. . .consider, umm. . . going out with me?"  The words flopped terribly out of my mouth.

Sandra stood there silently laughing. "Sorry, I am trying to make this suspenseful."

Seriously? "Sooo?"

She started to walk away from me, "Yes."

I saw as she turned back looking for my expression, which was kind of confused, but in shock. Sandra actually said yes. I caught up to Sandra, "Wait, seriously, no kidding around?"

"Nope." She popped the 'p.'  "Actually I was planning on taking you somewhere anyway."

"To where?" I was shocked even more.

"You will see, I will get you at five tonight." She seemed to slip through the school doors and disappear into the busy school hallways before I could ask her where again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It was six o'clock and Sandra had been driving to who knows where for an hour.

"Are we almost there?" I whined.

"Hold your horses fur ball." Sandra was getting annoyed by my complaining. "We are here anyway."

I looked out into the thick Pennsylvanian woods. The trees had just began to start changing into wonderful shades of oranges, yellows, and reds. I stepped out of the car and smelled the woodsy smell of moist wood and dirt. This smell always brought back memories of when my father and I would run through the forest in wolf forms.

I looked over at Sandra studying a map.

"What is that?"

"A map for treasure. My dad made this when my brother's and I were little. We still have never found it, guess dad wants it to be a National Treasure movie, clue after clue."  She sighed and began to walk into the forest, "Come on rotten egg."

The map wasn't some child's play map. This map I held took some effort to make. There were longitude and latitude numbers with multiple riddles. "And what age did you get this map at?"

Sandra laughed, "Age five, Let's just say it makes more sense now. I have marked out all of the longitude and latitude lines with yellow flags like this." She pointed to the dirty yellow flag. "Each flag should be the area of where the clue is."

I read the first riddle to myself. Weight in my belly, Trees on my back, Nails in my ribs, Feet I do lack.

Sandra saw me reading the riddle, "I used to think it was a ghost, but that didn't make sense. I have now come up with airplane and boat, but neither makes sense."

I didn't realize how much Sandra had this planned out, but I knew I was going to find the treasure for her. I looked around the tree and then a began to climb it. The smell of wood kept bringing so many memories to me and I was in a dazed haze not realizing a toy boat hidden in the leaves.

"I found it! The boat. " I jumped down from the tree.

"It all makes sense now, toy boat, haha dad." Sandra slapped her forehead.

I opened up the top of the toy boat and saw a worn out slip of paper. Look for the thinking stone.

"i get it now. That is why my father always called it that." Sandra was the only one getting this.

She ran a good way away until she stopped at a medium sized rock just big enough for someone to sit on. She was looking around the stone until she stopped and got a stick. My mate was digging a hole out of the moist earth with the stick. After five minutes, Sandra lifted up a note.

"Follow the trail of pink fungi, for it will lead to a clue." Sandra read this aloud. "Let's go."

I saw her follow the trail of pink fungi that hung off of the trees. She stopped at the end of the trail. There was a camouflaged box that she picked up. "After all these years, the box was sitting in plain sight."

She whispered something before she opened the box. "Here it goes, the treasure."

The lid was flipped back and wrapped neatly inside the box was Sandra's family cress and a letter. Via smiled reading the letter and then folded it up and put it in her pocket. 'Well after 12 years the box was still here. Ready to go?"

I walked up to Via, "As long as I can carry you."

She smiled again, and I gave her a piggy back ride. "Via this is the most unusual date I have ever had."

"In a good way?"

"Yes, a good way."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello There,

I made the chapter longer this time.  Did you like the chapter? I added a little plot twist.

Comment if you want me to tell everyone what was written on the letter. I am wondering if I should tell or not.

Make sure to comment and vote.

You peeps are awesome,

Sarah :P